Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Are thy rushing the movies

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why are they doing Ragnorok already? We have seen nothing of Thor and Sif and no adventures in Asgard. It is like they just rushed through the whole concepts like speed reading on a whole new scale.

Hardly any character development at all.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I really hate that none of the Thor movies have been set exclusively in Asgard and involved more of the 9 realms.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlord14477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure there going to kill thor in ragnorok i no i hate it too i love the thor movies i love loki, thor, sif warriors three but marvel feels they need new characters so there gonna get rid of him sadly...

Unless hemsworth wants to renew his contract and marvel decides they want to keep thor

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, they haven't done a good job with thor in the movies anyway. Look at MCU asgard. A technological asgard with barely any magical concept in it. Seriously. The only magic in it is mjolnir and loki's powers. Technology and science are great, but not for Thor. They don't suit the land of myths, vikings and gods.

Let's see Thor's character development: He learned everything he had to on earth(patience, compassion, humility) by... hooking up with jane foster? Talking to her friends? All that in a weekend? Are you kidding me?

Odin, the all-father.... that does nothing. Seriously. He couldn't stop the dark elves(elves that use bombs and spaceships. Again, no magic...huh). He doesn't seem to take many wise decisions in those movies.

And I won't even talk about the damn human characters.

Thor is my favorite comic book super hero, but his movies suck so much. It's a pity, really.

I'm just hoping they don't destroy the concept of ragnarok with their "magic is advanced science" logic which again, doesn't fit Thor.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By arthurkerr

I may pass on the next one for a god that has lived so long they seem to make so many mistakes but Loki is well done and Thor as well. Never been a fan of Jane.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blame chris yost and marvel for putting him in charge of writing the movie. He doesn't like thor yet they keep giving him the gig.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ist not rushing thou films.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the Thor films have suffered from being made only to further the MCU and spending too much time on earth. Jane Foster and her sidekick are not what makes Thor good, and I agree we should be seeing more of Thor and sif and odin and other asgardians. Maybe we will see some good stuff in Ragnorok, and it will focus on the asgardians and not humans. Would suck if they killed Thor though.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By THORSON

My opinion is...

Last what i heard there isn't even a script yet.

Plus I think marvel was more concerned with the Avengersthan just THOR alone. Same with the other projects their all linked for future movies and TV shows. Their main goal was to bring them all together. (The first comic-book movie to have 4 major heroes in one film).

Take away easter eggs, links, connections for the avengers and the marvel universe then you got real authentic THOR movies that would mostly be based on asgard.

Anyways THOR 1 was a trial run. He is the first in my opinion cosmic hero, versatile, dramatic, powerhouse, complex character to star and be in a movie. THOR movies could easily be in the ranks with LOTR and Hobbit. THOR movies needs that full 2 hours to cover the important stuff. In THOR 1 they did not cover much. Many characters were left out, many places were left out, not much character development was made (warriors 3 and Sif) and many of THORs ability was left out.

THOR 2 was a lot better but i prefer THOR 1. They could have done a lot more with that movie but sadly they fell short. Yes earth does kill THOR (driving in a car...for gods sake....hanging up his hammer...dude....riding in a train and asking for directions...funny but wtf)

Anyways Ragnork has to and need to be the best movie ever.

just my opinion so if your not down with that I got 2 words for ya...

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

My opinion is...

Last what i heard there isn't even a script yet.

Plus I think marvel was more concerned with the Avengersthan just THOR alone. Same with the other projects their all linked for future movies and TV shows. Their main goal was to bring them all together. (The first comic-book movie to have 4 major heroes in one film).

Take away easter eggs, links, connections for the avengers and the marvel universe then you got real authentic THOR movies that would mostly be based on asgard.

Anyways THOR 1 was a trial run. He is the first in my opinion cosmic hero, versatile, dramatic, powerhouse, complex character to star and be in a movie. THOR movies could easily be in the ranks with LOTR and Hobbit. THOR movies needs that full 2 hours to cover the important stuff. In THOR 1 they did not cover much. Many characters were left out, many places were left out, not much character development was made (warriors 3 and Sif) and many of THORs ability was left out.

THOR 2 was a lot better but i prefer THOR 1. They could have done a lot more with that movie but sadly they fell short. Yes earth does kill THOR (driving in a car...for gods sake....hanging up his hammer...dude....riding in a train and asking for directions...funny but wtf)

Anyways Ragnork has to and need to be the best movie ever.

just my opinion so if your not down with that I got 2 words for ya...

Also I do feel THOR should die in Ragnarok since he always returns any ways. Only to have in a movie that the main protagonist finally dies off.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hero should never die in a movie you want people to see more then ounce.

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably because they can't wait to give Thor the Odin-Force for infinity wars, I imagine.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcdavid said:

Probably because they can't wait to give Thor the Odin-Force for infinity wars, I imagine.

that would be so awesome!

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I really hate that none of the Thor movies have been set exclusively in Asgard and involved more of the 9 realms.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must be one of the few that like Odin.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the actors wont play the same roles forever. Thor has been criminally underdeveloped as a cinematic character but when the studio is going to crank out 3-4 films a year on different groups and personalities, they're only going to delve into one character so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor movies have suffered from being art of the MCU. The second one exists to set yo avengers stuff, not to actually give Thor a good story. It was really just to introduce another cosmic stone or whatever its called. Hopefully they fix that with ragnorok and give him the Odin force and show how badass he is.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Thor movies have suffered from being art of the MCU. The second one exists to set yo avengers stuff, not to actually give Thor a good story. It was really just to introduce another cosmic stone or whatever its called. Hopefully they fix that with ragnorok and give him the Odin force and show how badass he is.

hasn't everyone?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would argue let Odin keep the Odin force because we'll A. I like Odin and B. Well Thor simply does not need it.

Show us the power of Thor god of thunder with raging storms and the fury of nature.

Give us Loki using real magic a walk among the dimensions.

Give us Thurs mother and her anger at Odin for not caring more about Earth.

Show us the 9 realms and why Thor as prince of those realms would have to keep more then just Earth safe. Expand the myth and add to not take away from a great start to a bold group of characters in a saga that has lasted life times.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.