Are these all of Thor's powers?

#1 Edited by DiamondsandPearls (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic nd Current only:  

Powers- Superhuman Strength class 100+ (Can lift the Midgard Serpent and close Dimensional Rifts), Superhuman Speed (270,000+ MPH), Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Reflexes (Microsecond Reaction Speed), Superhuman Stamina (Can fight for Months without Tiring), Advanced Healing Factor, Longetivity, Invulnerability, Superbreath (Can blow hurricane-like winds), Warriors Madness (Thor’s Strength Increases tenfold), Geokinesis, Weather Manipulation (Can Control Winds, Rain, Temperature, Atmosphere, Ocean Currents, Cosmic Storms, Thunder, and summon 1,000,000x amped Lightning), Energy Projection (Omni-Directional Blasts), God Blast (Can kill Immortals

Magic/Mjolnir - Only those Worthy can Lift Mjolnir, Mjolnir always returns to Thor, Can track Beings across the Universe, Can Heal Beings, Flight (Billions of Times FTL), Telekinesis, Teleportation (Teleports Thor or other beings across the Universe/Dimensions), Can Summon the Dead, Can Strip beings of their Enchantments/Immortal Life force, Invisibility, Intangilibility, Mass Mind Control, Can Transcend Time and Space, Can create Forcefields, Can Open Dimensional Rifts, Transmutation of Elements , Can Absorb limitless Energies, Can reverse Polarities (Amplifies it a Hundredfold and sends it back), Can Control the Elements, Controls Magnetism, Can shut down all Technology on the Planet, Weather Manipulation, Can Produce Solar Flares/Thermoblast (1000x hotter than the Sun), Can Create/Control Anti-Matter, Can create Alpha Particles to Disable Machines/Technology at the Sub-Atomic Level, Anti-Gravity, Anti-Force, Time Manipulation, Contains the Odin Force    
#2 Edited by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he has all of those powers + more.  

Super Friction 
Superbreath 
Electrical Manipulation  
Frog Speak 
#3 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

He has superhearing and sight as well as an ability to aim.  

and the Hammer itself has more abilities i'll post them later.
#4 Posted by Telcalipoca (957 posts) - - Show Bio

thor is a beast 

#5 Posted by warlord1234 (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

He has displayed more. But he usually dispaly these powers when he fight being that are a threat to the universe.
#6 Posted by TransgressionsofSociety (195 posts) - - Show Bio

He has so many powers and yet he never ever really uses them even when it really counts.  Most writers just focus on his weather manipulation powers.  Well...he is the god of thunder.  Thor is just awesome I would say.

#7 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@DiamondsandPearls said:

Classic nd Current only:

Powers- Superhuman Strength class 100+ (Can lift the Midgard Serpent and close Dimensional Rifts), Superhuman Speed (270,000+ MPH), Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Reflexes (Microsecond Reaction Speed), Superhuman Stamina (Can fight for Months without Tiring), Advanced Healing Factor, Longetivity, Invulnerability, Superbreath (Can blow hurricane-like winds), Warriors Madness (Thor’s Strength Increases tenfold), Geokinesis, Weather Manipulation (Can Control Winds, Rain, Temperature, Atmosphere, Ocean Currents, Cosmic Storms, Thunder, and summon 1,000,000x amped Lightning), Energy Projection (Omni-Directional Blasts), God Blast (Can kill Immortals)

Magic/Mjolnir - Only those Worthy can Lift Mjolnir, Mjolnir always returns to Thor, Can track Beings across the Universe, Can Heal Beings, Flight (Billions of Times FTL), Telekinesis, Teleportation (Teleports Thor or other beings across the Universe/Dimensions), Can Summon the Dead, Can Strip beings of their Enchantments/Immortal Life force, Invisibility, Intangilibility, Mass Mind Control, Can Transcend Time and Space, Can create Forcefields, Can Open Dimensional Rifts, Transmutation of Elements , Can Absorb limitless Energies, Can reverse Polarities (Amplifies it a Hundredfold and sends it back), Can Control the Elements, Controls Magnetism, Can shut down all Technology on the Planet, Weather Manipulation, Can Produce Solar Flares/Thermoblast (1000x hotter than the Sun), Can Create/Control Anti-Matter, Can create Alpha Particles to Disable Machines/Technology at the Sub-Atomic Level, Anti-Gravity, Anti-Force, Time Manipulation, Contains the Odin Force

Yes.

#8 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@DiamondsandPearls said:

Classic nd Current only:

Powers- Superhuman Strength class 100+ (Can lift the Midgard Serpent and close Dimensional Rifts), Superhuman Speed (270,000+ MPH), Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Reflexes (Microsecond Reaction Speed), Superhuman Stamina (Can fight for Months without Tiring), Advanced Healing Factor, Longetivity, Invulnerability, Superbreath (Can blow hurricane-like winds), Warriors Madness (Thor’s Strength Increases tenfold), Geokinesis, Weather Manipulation (Can Control Winds, Rain, Temperature, Atmosphere, Ocean Currents, Cosmic Storms, Thunder, and summon 1,000,000x amped Lightning), Energy Projection (Omni-Directional Blasts), God Blast (Can kill Immortals)

Yep. Pretty good synopsis of his powers. The only thing: I don't recall any issue of Thor actually demonstrating the 10x his normal strength thing throug warriors madness. He once fought the Hulk, evidently in the throes of warrior's madness, that did not last long and showed him only to sound judgment more than anything else. He has talked on panel about warrior's madness and it's amping abilities, so it apparently does exist.

Would love to see it's full fledged effects.

#9 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@DiamondsandPearls said:

Classic nd Current only:

This is what we have seen Thor do.

Vision mentioning how Thor would currently deal with Mind controlled beings from the Secret Avengers:

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/29-2268/all-images/108-203167/secret_avengers_27_panel/105-2363993/

He is not being written with the ability to do any of these things today however.

^this is for random fans who cross this thread...since it's pretty dumb to respond to a year old thread to a user who hasn't shown much activity in a year.

#10 Posted by HolySerpent (12470 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Superman>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor .

#11 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Still Thor>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman.

Fixed.

#12 Posted by ThanoStomp (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget Earth Manipulation, a power given to him by his mother Gaea.

#13 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

He is not being written with the ability to do any of these things today however.

^this is for random fans who cross this thread...since it's pretty dumb to respond to a year old thread to a user who hasn't shown much activity in a year.

For the billionth time, Classic Thor and Current Thor are one in the same!

#14 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@yahweh said:

@Kallarkz said:

For the billionth time, Classic Thor and Current Thor are one in the same!

You can say it a billion more times.

The truth is they are not.

They are being written completely differently.

The fact that you are simply stating that they are one in the same does not make it so.

I base my opinion on actual showings from Thor from the past decade.

That is current Thor. Not Thor from the 1980's.

Majestic99 find something else to discuss with me because that fanboyism love you have for Thor about this topic is not something we will ever resolve.

Your idea of "current" is not right.

#15 Posted by Iamlovewithin500 (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of his abilities are PIS and have been done never again. 

Though he does possess majority of those powers.

#16 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: The reason I say it over and over again is because it's true.

Current thor possesses the same abilities as Classic Thor.

#17 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Hence why we haven't seen them for decades and in instances when he could have used them...like that mind control ability you mention he has...other teammates have told him recently he would be near useless in situations dealing with telepathy. You want him to have those sowers still but writers have changed his character. One day you'll get it. Your obsession with Thor however prevents you from seeing anything clearly about his character.

#18 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

Hence why we haven't seen them for decades and in instances when he could have used them...like that mind control ability you mention he has...other teammates have told him recently he would be near useless in situations dealing with telepathy. You want him to have those sowers still but writers have changed his character. One day you'll get it. Your obsession with Thor however prevents you from seeing anything clearly about his character.

Just because he hasn't used said abilities in a long time doesn't mean he no longer possesses said abilities.

Just because I don't run very often doesn't mean I can't run, it just means I haven't done it in a long time.

#19 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Thors own teammates have stated that he doesn't have some of the abilities that you claim he still does. And your apology is way too simple and out of context. Thor could have used these abilities to save lives and prevent disasters in the last three decades. Marvel has done the same thing to a number of characters in the past. Writers are not writing his character with a lot of these abilities anymore and making it a point to point out that he can't. they might one day do it. But current Thor which I believe to be the Thor seen in the last ten years has not been seen to do most of the things you claim he can do casually.

#20 Edited by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

Thors own teammates have stated that he doesn't have some of the abilities that you claim he still does. And your apology is way too simple and out of context. Thor could have used these abilities to save lives and prevent disasters in the last three decades. Marvel has done the same thing to a number of characters in the past. Writers are not writing his character with a lot of these abilities anymore and making it a point to point out that he can't. they might one day do it. But current Thor which I believe to be the Thor seen in the last ten years has not been seen to do most of the things you claim he can do casually.

Which is why I said he hasn't displayed said abilities in a long time.

And I never apologized, where did that come from?

The only power Thor no longer possesses is time travel. His other classic powers: life force absorption, undead lethality, illusion detection,etc. He still possesses. I'm not making a claim, I'm stating a fact. End of discussion.

Just for some unknown reason you refuse to understand the fact that Classic and Current Thor are one in the same.

#21 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@TransgressionsofSociety said:

He has so many powers and yet he never ever really uses them even when it really counts. Most writers just focus on his weather manipulation powers. Well...he is the god of thunder. Thor is just awesome I would say.

QFT

#22 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Still Superman>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor .

NO.

#23 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, but hasn't he resserected the dead?

#24 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

I'm not sure, but hasn't he resserected the dead?

Yes:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.