Are there any more good stories about a siege on Asgard?

#1 Edited by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently I've been watching the new anime series Attack on Titan. The premise itself is essentially an allegory on Norse myth, namely the idea of a city constantly under siege by frost giants. Instead of Asgardian gods and fallen heroes protecting the city you have an army of steampunk spider-men who are horribly outclassed in strength.

I was a big fan of Siege from Bendis so I was hoping to get back to some older Thor books that deal more with frost giants laying siege to Asgard. So are there any good Thor stories that fit this criteria?

#2 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

You're the first person in a while who I've read that has praised Siege.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6307 posts) - - Show Bio

@HaveAtThee Siege was actually good

#5 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7543 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezmero

Yes, in The Mighty Thor Vol. 1 around issue 396 and up the god Seth invades Asgard, while Thor is prisoner in the black pyramid.

#6 Posted by Mezmero (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy: Oh that sounds cool. I'll definitely look into tracking down those issues if I can. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.