Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

anyone want to help a new Thor fan out

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't necessarily need help getting into tor bc I started with the new series and absolutely loved it. I want to know some great runs some great stories with loki as the main villain some great stories about the other realms especially stuff about maleketh and surtur and just plain great thor runs. I've read some silver age thor so I know about don blake. So try to keep it in the last 15 years

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#2  Edited By Extremis

@bigtewell: Walt Simonson's run

He is widely considered by Thor fans as the premier Thor writer. They just released a reprint of volume 1 from his run, check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0785184600/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1377011443&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bigtewell: Walt Simonson as mentioned above

J Michael Straczynski`s run got me back into comics after a few years break. Got some Surtur as well

As for Loki, I would recommend Thor: The Trials of Loki and Thor & Loki - Blood Brothers (drawn by Ribic by the way ;) I know you can buy them both on Amazon but if you dont mind digital theyre available on the Marvel App or Comixology

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@bigtewell: As mentioned before go with Simonson's run, or if you want something more recent J M Straczynski`s run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.