Anyone Else Want Thor To Have...

#1 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

ANYONE ELSE WANT THOR TO HAVE ONE OF THESE IN HIS NEW MOVIE...

A) His Goats

B) Relationship With SIF

C) A Helmet

D) More time not on earth

Pick whichever and however many you would like, feel free to give opinions on why/why not

for me its A-D

#2 Edited by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

No, yes, no, no.

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

A) His Goats-No...

B) Relationship With SIF-Nope i would rather him with Brunihide

C) A Helmet-Doesn't-Yes

D) More time not on earth-Hell no...

#4 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

No, yes, no, no.

What is up with these weather controlling character and their fans ability to make a topic about anything? 
"If storm lost a limb which would you want it to be"... 
 
Quoted Revamp because his answer are what I would have said.
#5 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@ReVamp said:

No, yes, no, no.

What is up with these weather controlling character and their fans ability to make a topic about anything? "If storm lost a limb which would you want it to be"... Quoted Revamp because his answer are what I would have said.

I'm waiting for Thor wigs. And same.

#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Only b and c ,because most audiences couldn't relate to the character spending to much time in Asgard or animals from that plane! The helment needs to be corrected, along with his pants and boots 616 style.

#7 Edited by eardrum73 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I would really like to see:

1) A relationship with Sif. Or at least a start by showing some feelings for each other. The love triangle between Foster, Sif and Thor would be good drama IF done properly.

2) More time in Asgard. Yes a more Nordic feel would be nice. Audience related to LoTR, Star Wars, Avatar... all which were foreign worlds and the movie audience lapped it up.

3) Helmet.. not sure. i think a 616 costume would make him look silly, like cap did in the avengers or even his own movie for that matter. There is a reason why X-men, Hawkeye have different costumes from their comic counter parts and that is to make them relevant and taken seiously by the movie crowd.

4) I would also like to see Thor fight intelligently. Using his other powers instead of just bashing it out with fist and hammer. I have high hopes because Thor 1 by Kenneth Brannaugh certainly showed that vs the Frost Giants and the Destroyer.

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

No, yes, no, yes

Moderator
#9 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I concur with eardrum73! Sif-Thor-Jane would be a great drama subplot if done correctly. Though the filmmakers should thread carefully: Portman is a very big name in the movie, and Thor has a large, large, LARGE number of female followers, now that Thor and Avengers came out, so depicting him as any less than faithful to his love might harm him.

I myself would enjoy seeing him in full warrior mode. We've seen him doing nothing but holding back in the movies, except for his fights against the frost giants and against the Destroyer. He holds back against Hulk, and against Loki both times they fight, he holds back against Iron Man, etc. I want to see him unleash the true might of the God of Thunder. I would also like to see more of his H2H prowess, it was great seeing him duke it out bare-handed in Thor and Avengers, more of that would be great.

And this will likely not happen, but it would be great to show more of his other powers, ie: forcefields, portals, energy manipulation, earth manipulation, etc.

#10 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

no

yes

no

Either way

#11 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

(I want Thor to lose an arm and It to grow back as a walruss!!) 1.No)killing goats only to resurrect and kill them again wouldn't look good on film) 2. Yes for sure) 3. I think the helmet would look kinda goofy but yeah why not for a scene or two at least) 4. I don't care )

#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:
No, yes, no, yes
#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14438 posts) - - Show Bio

No,yes,no,no.

#14 Posted by Enigmatri (28 posts) - - Show Bio

A) His Goats - No

B) Relationship With SIF - Yes

C) A Helmet - Yes

D) More time not on earth - No

#15 Posted by Rasarima (371 posts) - - Show Bio

no, no, yes, no

#16 Posted by eardrum73 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lion_Heart22 said:

I concur with eardrum73! Sif-Thor-Jane would be a great drama subplot if done correctly. Though the filmmakers should thread carefully: Portman is a very big name in the movie, and Thor has a large, large, LARGE number of female followers, now that Thor and Avengers came out, so depicting him as any less than faithful to his love might harm him.

I myself would enjoy seeing him in full warrior mode. We've seen him doing nothing but holding back in the movies, except for his fights against the frost giants and against the Destroyer. He holds back against Hulk, and against Loki both times they fight, he holds back against Iron Man, etc. I want to see him unleash the true might of the God of Thunder. I would also like to see more of his H2H prowess, it was great seeing him duke it out bare-handed in Thor and Avengers, more of that would be great.

And this will likely not happen, but it would be great to show more of his other powers, ie: forcefields, portals, energy manipulation, earth manipulation, etc.

Yes they would have to do the love triangle properly. Be really nice if they did though.

I'm not sure if he held back against Iron Man though. Maybe towards the end of the fight...not 100% sure. He did start of by blasting IM with a powerful bolt of lightning. Fatal in most cases.(of course it had the inverse effect in the movie) He also head butted IM with such force that he dented IM mask badly. A human wearing any standard military headgear wouldn't have a head left. He also hammered cap with full force. If it was a shield made of earthly materials, Cap would have been paste. It just didn't seem like he was holding back in these situations.

The fight with the Hulk in the helicarrier - Thor definitely held back using his other powers. But I'm not sure if he held back with his H2H prowess. It seems like he tried to go melee with the hulk but didn't come out so well. He did hit hulk more often (which implies that Thor is the more skillful of melee combatants between the two) but the way hulk manhandled him by tossing him around seemed to suggest that Movie hulk is stronger and better at brawling than movie Thor.

And yes I would definitely want to see his other powers such as energy manipulation and so on... although it looks like he lacks the ability to teleport in the movies.

#17 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

ANYONE ELSE WANT THOR TO HAVE ONE OF THESE IN HIS NEW MOVIE...

A) His Goats

B) Relationship With SIF

C) A Helmet

D) More time not on earth

Pick whichever and however many you would like, feel free to give opinions on why/why not

for me its A-D

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

#18 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

I CANT BELIEVED I MISSED THIS OUT OPTION 5) BETA RAY BILL (feat)

#19 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

no,yes,yes,yes, the beta ray bill feat would be cool. Thors style in the avengers sucked, if they want people to take the heros seriously, he needs his 616 outfit or an ultimate thor thing might be cool.

#20 Posted by TheCannon (17839 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@The_Thunderer said:

ANYONE ELSE WANT THOR TO HAVE ONE OF THESE IN HIS NEW MOVIE...

A) His Goats

B) Relationship With SIF

C) A Helmet

D) More time not on earth

Pick whichever and however many you would like, feel free to give opinions on why/why not

for me its A-D

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

This.

#21 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

I@TheCannon: I want Jane out, and Thor and Sif to take his goats to a new realm, and he has to get a badass helmet

#22 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

A) His Goats - No

B) Relationship With SIF - Yes

C) A Helmet - Yes

D) More time not on earth - No

#23 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

yes x4

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.