Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Anyone else reading Thors ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was just wondering if anyone else was reading CSI Thor edition ?

Also this is not a Jason Aaron hate thread so if you want to complain go find another thread.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not I...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope, quit reading Marvel a while back

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Yes and I loved the first issue.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yar. First issue was good enough

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

might read it, not financially supporting it though, well im not financially supporting any marvel titles right now, gotta love pirate bay.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

might read it, not financially supporting it though, well im not financially supporting any marvel titles right now, gotta love pirate bay.

+1

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By z3ro180
    Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently it was the most soled tie-in of the Secret Wars... so many people are buying it...

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I'm pirateing it. From kickass though not pirate bay.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Is it out already ? I only read issue one. The story actually seems to be pretty good. Appearently there are some inexplicable murders all around the Battleworld and it's up to the Thor Squad(Ult. Thor, Sthor, King Thor(from Jurgens' the Reigning) and Beta Ray Bill to solve the mystery. Aaron most of all really got the atmosphere right on this one IMO. The story really sucks you in especially the last page. Although the dialogue, mostly from Kimg Thor, is just cringeworthy sometimes. Aaron for some reason tries to make their dialogue more "hip". And,this is really just a personal issue of mine, Kong Thor gets left out too much and is nothing like how he was in the Reigning. Trust me if he was, the whole squad would p*ss in their pants everytime he seemed to be looking at them.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: saw a preview and assumed it was, but yeah I get what you mean about how he writes characters dialoge

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So I read Thors #2 today and THE Thor Odinson is in it or so it would appear (don't want to jump to any conclusions). In my eyes its a reasonably good showing for him all things considered. One of his quotes made me genuinely smile.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I read Thors #2 today and THE Thor Odinson is in it or so it would appear (don't want to jump to any conclusions). In my eyes its a reasonably good showing for him all things considered. One of his quotes made me genuinely smile.

Scans?

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:This is the quote the "I'm the only d*mn Thor that matters." It was an "inconclusive" fight but 616 Thor was in my opinion winning/had the upper hand. Extremely new to the site so learning and reading about what scans/pics i can upload etc...

No Caption Provided

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Thors #2. It was strange that he actually referred to himself as Thor and especially the only one that matters. Not that i'm complaining that is haha

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this take place before or after Secret Wars? Isn't Thor supposed to be gone after his fight with the beyonders?

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: This takes place during Secret Wars. Its in Thors #2. They don't address the beyonders fight and they say his unworthiness was because of Doom. That's why I said appears to be 616 Thor because i guess it might not be.

Though its worth mentioning he hints at remembering things and Ultimate Thor being the one who has forgotten things etc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hercuthor: Yeah I don't see how that can be Thor odinson. With Jane foster as Thor he wouldn't say he's the only Thor that matters, and he should still be missing after the beyonder fight. He also still has his uru arm in Thors 2, which was ripped off before the beyonder fight.

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Good points maybe I'm just wishing Thor got his nuts back. You don't think they will gloss over the beyonders fight with the sort of "Doom pulled different parts from different times" to form battle world? Heck Thor was worthy at the end of that and won't that pose a problem to post Secret Wars Jane Thor anyway? So maybe this is how to avoid that? I haven't read any Ultimates stuff, but Ultimate Thor was lost after their battle with Galactus right and in different "gear"/costume right at that time too right?

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what do people think is the unworthy Thor in Thors #2 are 616 Thor or just a identical Thor from another universe.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By antithetical

Not reading the title but from the scan and what's been said I think that is 616 Thor, especially if he's saying he remembers things the others don't, Aaron could actually be spinning this to have his unworthiness being a positive as Doom appears to possibly have some amount of control over the Thor's through their various Mjolnirs. Could be his way of trying to redeem the unworthy Son of Asgard in the eyes of fans.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they show 616 Thor more in this series and switch him into the main character, never liked Ultimate Thor or his Mjolnir. And still think Unworthy 616 Thor could take Ultimate Thor he didn't seem phased by his attacks.

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I agree in that 616 Thor was (in my opinion) clearly winning the fight. I sadly do not think he will become the main character over Ultimate Thor as Aaron I believe already stated that Ultimate Thor was the lead of this book. That being said I am hoping that he will have a much larger role to play in the story than a cameo. Maybe he becomes a major supporting character that helps solve it all etc etc

I would like to see him maybe get through to Old Thor and that helps turn the Thors against Doom and perhaps helps end Secret Wars. I might be reaching on this though haha

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hercuthor: Yea I doubt it would happen but I hope. And yea that Old Thor idea sounds great as they are essentially the same Thor just at different ages. He did say he is the only Thor that matters maybe he will play a part in ending secret wars in the main comic. Maybe he helps Old Thor remember when they fought Gorr and then he might realize or something. I just hope to see more of him.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: it's not 616 Thor it's just a Thor that looks like him

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually when Ultimate Thor says he is no Thor, the supposedly 616 Thor responds saying he is the only Thor that matters the key being he still calls himself 'Thor' because he knows that's what he has always been, whereas most of the Thors in battleworld are just random people who are now called Thor because they are worthy. I think he is the 616 Thor and maybe Doom just resurrected him or something. And to the Jane thing I think he has probably been looking for the Thordis version of her in the battleworld to see if she remembers the past, so maybe he will meet her soon because as he said they are all dead now so the Thordis Jane is the only one left. I think he sees that Doom is controlling the Thors through their fake Mjolnir's, maybe he will find a real one and be worthy of it again.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people purposely not support a company, but yet still have to read them?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: that seems like too much of a coincidence. Another unworthy Thor with a ripped up cape and a black uru arm?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I agree otherwise there wouldn't really be a reason to include him like that in the comic as it would be a waste of the panels so it must be relevant to the Secret Wars story.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@z3ro180: that seems like too much of a coincidence. Another unworthy Thor with a ripped up cape and a black uru arm?

Kind of what I'm thinking, why make some random alt u version of unworthy Thor SO similar to the 616 version?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: definitely bring up a good point concerning relevancy.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderman1997: That was my only real gripe about Aaron's GoT run for much of it, but the relaunch and everything that happened in Original Sin and afterwards just compounded. But his dialogue for this type of title is pretty cringe-worthy. He tries to make Thor and Asgardians in general sound just like human beings. It comes off as kiddie and tacky.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: I know right ? Even Hickman's dialogue for Thor is very fitting and resembles the excellent JMS writing. And he also writes the better Thor in the New Avengers. And he didin't even have any expirience with Thor's main book at all.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Asgaard

@z3ro180 said:

@jayc1324: it's not 616 Thor it's just a Thor that looks like him

Unfortunately it is 616 Thor, and Aaron out of nowhere just like the whisper, without any plot or construction will undone Jonathan Hickman's great interpretation of the Valhallan glory, (New Avengers #32), just look for the pic bellow it is like nothing ever happened to Thor in Hickman's hands... I m done with Marvel Comics Thor and Asgard for the foreseeable future (already was), but i will always associate marvel current editorial and Jason Aaron with negativity and the reason why i quit reading comics...

No Caption Provided

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rpgesus

so that is 616 thor? perhaps some cliche timing with doom killing the beyonders and thor fighting them which managed to get him sucked up with it. hopefully hyperion came with him, he's survived worse lol. I do like thors tho, excited to see whats next

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

so that is 616 thor? perhaps some cliche timing with doom killing the beyonders and thor fighting them which managed to get him sucked up with it. hopefully hyperion came with him, he's survived worse lol. I do like thors tho, excited to see whats next

Interesting reasoning, but i really can't go much further because i m not reading SW, i just think after the Whisper Aaron shouldn't undone Hickman's writing on Thor, at this point it's just more than to much convenient to continue the pr stuff and not tell a Thor story... Aaron never really had plans for Thor after that whisper he is just there, and the worse part is that even other writers can't build anything with him, and if they do, Aaron will just erase it, because Thor has to support Thordis aka Mjolnir (the character) host...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rpgesus

@asgaard: yeah i have no clue why they decided to shit all over thor but i think femthor is dead in SW as every jane foster is dead so idk how they are gonna bring back a bunch of dead/missing characters for post sw comics

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: 1. Where does it say it's 616 Thor. Not trying to start an argument I'm actually confused at this.

2. Seriously dude where are you getting all the valhalian glory stuff from ?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Asgaard

@z3ro180 said:

@asgaard: 1. Where does it say it's 616 Thor. Not trying to start an argument I'm actually confused at this.

2. Seriously dude where are you getting all the valhalian glory stuff from ?

1 Did you see the reveal spoilers? Thor will be in Aaron's book after Secret Wars just like New Avengers issue #32 events never happened...

2 Hickman made Thor and Hyperion in Avengers issue #32 worthy of Valhallan glory (didn't we agree on that?)... Sadly Aaron will undone that...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: 1. Nope I didn't just because they look the same doesn't mean they are.

2. We agreed they had an awesome death yes but you didn't answer the question :)

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Asgaard

@z3ro180 said:

@asgaard: 1. Nope I didn't just because they look the same doesn't mean they are.

2. We agreed they had an awesome death yes but you didn't answer the question :)

He has the Uru arm again, after you see the poster for the new run i think you will understand better what i m trying to say.

Either way i avoid early conclusions about if that is or isn't 616 Thor in Thors, i just thought you would understand better my reasoning due to New Avengers issue 32# events, that will be undone (because Thor has the uru arm again in the run after Secret Wars)... :)

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Yes that's true, but then what would be the point of putting a random Thor in at all it would be a waste of the pages in the comic so it must be relevant to the whole secret wars story. Also he said he's the only Thor that matters, I'm pretty sure that's indicating at him being the real Thor from 616. I just don't see any point in those scenes if it wasn't the 616 Thor, it just makes the whole thing irrelevant unless they're introducing a new Thor that is identical to the 616 Thor and also unworthy but just not him, doesn't make sense for it not to be 616 Thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Asgaard

@thorthunder98 said:

@z3ro180: Yes that's true, but then what would be the point of putting a random Thor in at all it would be a waste of the pages in the comic so it must be relevant to the whole secret wars story. Also he said he's the only Thor that matters, I'm pretty sure that's indicating at him being the real Thor from 616. I just don't see any point in those scenes if it wasn't the 616 Thor, it just makes the whole thing irrelevant unless they're introducing a new Thor that is identical to the 616 Thor and also unworthy but just not him, doesn't make sense for it not to be 616 Thor.

@z3ro180: point is that 616 Thor shouldn't be part of Doom's creation like the other Thors, because new Avengers issue #32 allow more than one interpretation if he didn't die in the battle with the Beyonders he should have other costume and not the uru arm, but by Aaron's new run poster after Secret Wars probably Marvel will ignore "time runs out" events written by J. Hickman, because that events made Thor worthy again and Aaron needs him unworthy to continue the Pr stuff...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.