Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Any interest in the Secret Wars "Thors" book?

• 60 results
    phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By phisigmatau

This is like an exercise in how NOT to write Thor or Asgardian based characters.

basically. im staying away.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee said:

This is like an exercise in how NOT to write Thor or Asgardian based characters.

basically. im staying away.

Probably the best decision.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@antithetical: @winter_kills: @makentsu: This is for A-Force #3: (credits to @ms-lola: in Angela Topic)

No Caption Provided

Is that Loki in Sif's body again like in JMS run? BRB hammer looks like Mjolnir instead of Stormbreaker.... Old King Thor is more powerful than Odin but Aaron and Marvel editorial think he fits this pointless battles, did you guys saw or read anything positive for Secret Wars? I didn't...

I'm wondering about what they're doing with Loki brother...but it wouldn't shock me one bit, the way Marvel is right now, for them to have Loki's new incarnation be a woman. I hope not...I wanted Loki to avoid being run over by the PR/PC bandwagon, but part of me is concerned about that. I'm hoping that it is a version of Loki taken from the JMS timeline, or a parallel female Loki or something...I'm hopeful that this isn't involved in the resolution of Ewing's last days arc. It's also weird BRB using Mjolnir- that would mean he would have to be plucked out of time from the beginning of "The Ballad of BRB", or some alternate timeline where for whatever reason he kept Mjolnir. The same can be said for Red Norvell, when he was resurrected & given his own hammer by Odin it was long-handled, doesn't look that way here, and he isn't wear Thor's gloves which enabled him to lift the original Mjolnir(when infused with Thor's lifeforce and the Belt of Strength)...the way continuity is now, especially during the continuity crapshoot that is SW, it's anybody's guess.

@ms-lola said:

@antithetical: Totally forgot, thank you! Now it makes things even more annoying because where the f_ck is my Sif in this new Battle World...(cries)

Yes, this exactly!! So Marvel...

No Caption Provided

She should be in friggin' A-Force, instead of making a female Loki or plucking out a female Loki from a different timeline or whatever.

No Caption Provided

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Just so you know, in my mind "QFT" stands for "quite f*#king true", so don't go ruining it for me, ok? lol!

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Same concerns but Beta Ray Bill wrong hammer was probably a mistake (usual in present marvel)... In the other SW covers he has the Stormbreaker...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@winter_kills: Same concerns but Beta Ray Bill wrong hammer was probably a mistake (usual in present marvel)... In the other SW covers he has the Stormbreaker...

Different team working on A-Force and probably aren't concerned about those annoying details.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Different team working on A-Force and probably aren't concerned about those annoying details.

Yup and seems that Old King Thor will be just one more hammer wielder, i m not expert in power levels, but i will make the bold assumption that She Hulk and company aren't in Galactus power level...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @antithetical said:
    @asgaard said:

Yup and seems that Old King Thor will be just one more hammer wielder, i m not expert in power levels, but i will make the bold assumption that She Hulk and company aren't in Galactus power level...

They most certainly are not. I like Shulkie (and Carol) but no way they even should prevail over five "Thors", including a skyfather.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Just so you know, in my mind "QFT" stands for "quite f*#king true", so don't go ruining it for me, ok? lol!

No Caption Provided

LOL!!

@asgaard said:

I agree, brother...continuity and "quality control" is such a crapshoot at Marvel right now, this whole SW thing is just so uncoordinated, there are tons of continuity gaffs and mistakes EVERYWHERE. They have way too many irons in the fire, as te old saying goes.

@asgaard said:
    @antithetical said:
    @asgaard said:

They most certainly are not. I like Shulkie (and Carol) but no way they even should prevail over five "Thors", including a skyfather.

For real! Shulkie and Carol are tough, but neither of the could take Thor, much less other Thors, one of which is a skyfather, as you guys have stated. But, knowing Marvel's current PC/PIS slate, they'll probably find a way for A-Force to seize a win, through a newly discovered cosmic force in the MU:

No Caption Provided

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly as a reader I am not excited for many of the "What-If" titles, even the ones that I do think have a fun premise seem to be saddled with a less than impressive team (either writer or artist) and they are too expensive to pick-up if they are not going to have a lasting impact on the newly created MU...which they are not telling anyone at the moment.

With this one in particular we know that New Thor is the main one remaining after SW so seeing the others being a police force could be alright, but what is the real point. If there was the chance at a shake-up it would be more exciting.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@winter_kills: Hahaha, I love that GIF:

That is exactly how I feel about Sif.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Haha glad you liked it, it sums up how I feel too...they go and create an all-new character to be "Thor" and push her like crazy, while Sif is underutilized and ignored for the most part...dammit she should have been in A-Force! There are Sif fans out there, Marvel, that want to see her given a proper push, another chance she richly deserves. So do something right Marvel and give us Sif in an active role! Hear me, Marvel:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.