Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Aaron's 7 Original Sins on Thor

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Asgaard

The 7 Writing Sins are:

1 . If well written, whispers don't make fearless Asgardians honored warriors stop their fights, Asgardian "religion" is the opposite to that.

2. Thor was Thor before we was worthy of Mjolnir, this was also written by Aaron with young Thor, the way how he give up on his own identity (defines who we are) was not believable, again if well written that is not how Asgardians Gods behave.

3 Odin the All Father and ruler of Valhalla can't be unworthy of Mjolnir, if so the foundations of Asgard and Valhalla are broken, and he also was the one that made the enchantment of the hammer.

4 Odin the Wise All Father of Asgard that gave a eye for wisdom, can't be the stupid antagonist that Aaron is writing, it's not believable that he would ever trust Cul the Serpent again, after what happened in Fear Itself, his motivations don't fit his character core essential elements, he will hunt with the Destroyer who is worthy of Mjolnir? Really? But brings to Asgard who actually kill is son Thor? This is not Odin the All-Wise.

5 Being worthy of Mjolnir doesn't make you Thor, worthy Loki recently in Axis wasn't Thor, even if Aaron goes with the angle that the hammer has Thor life force after being fix by Dr. Strange, when worthy of Mjolnir in Fear Itself Steve Rogers never was Thor or had Asgardian behavior and didn't use Thor Odisnon own expressions, when was establish from Fear Itself until now, that Mjolnir is a character? I think i miss that issue, according to Aaron now every time that a character is worthy of Mjolnir he becomes Thor? Was only this time? What that means in the future to the Original Thor? This also wasn't well written and believable.

6 I also think that is not believable that a human rookie, can use better the Asgardian Weapon Mjolnir than the original Asgardian God Thor, with thousands of years of experience.

7 In this 5 issues Aaron narrative build a female version of Thor, not other original character like Sif with her own personality wielding Mjolnir, was the all point of this book only to change gender? Doesn't this implies that women can't replace male heroes without having their name, identity, personality, glory, powers, weapons and costume? In my perspective this is unfair to female lead, Angela book is great and Sif was great in JIM, and they still were and are Angela and Sif.

Again my points are focused only on Aaron's writing... Tell me where i m right and where i m wrong...

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you are right, i like the idea of Odin and Cul as brothers like Loki and Thor but you are right

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By GalacticFork

@asgaard said:

The 7 Writing Sins are:

1 . If well written, whispers don't make fearless Asgardians honored warriors stop their fights, Asgardian "religion" is the opposite to that.

2. Thor was Thor before we was worthy of Mjolnir, this was also written by Aaron with young Thor, the way how he give up on his own identity (defines who we are) was not believable, again if well written that is not how Asgardians Gods behave.

3 Odin the All Father and ruler of Valhalla can't be unworthy of Mjolnir, if so the foundations of Asgard and Valhalla are broken, and he also was the one that made the enchantment of the hammer.

4 Odin the Wise All Father of Asgard that gave a eye for wisdom, can't be the stupid antagonist that Aaron is writing, it's not believable that he would ever trust Cul the Serpent again, after what happened in Fear Itself, his motivations don't fit his character core essential elements, he will hunt with the Destroyer who is worthy of Mjolnir? Really? But brings to Asgard who actually kill is son Thor? This is not Odin the All-Wise.

5 Being worthy of Mjolnir doesn't make you Thor, worthy Loki recently in Axis wasn't Thor, even if Aaron goes with the angle that the hammer has Thor life force after being fix by Dr. Strange, when worthy of Mjolnir in Fear Itself Steve Rogers never was Thor or had Asgardian behavior and didn't use Thor Odisnon own expressions, when was establish from Fear Itself until now, that Mjolnir is a character? I think i miss that issue, according to Aaron now every time that a character is worthy of Mjolnir he becomes Thor? Was only this time? What that means in the future to the Original Thor? This also wasn't well written and believable.

6 I also think that is not believable that a human rookie, can use better the Asgardian Weapon Mjolnir than the original Asgardian God Thor, with thousands of years of experience.

7 In this 5 issues Aaron narrative build a female version of Thor, not other original character like Sif with her own personality wielding Mjolnir, was the all point of this book only to change gender? Doesn't this implies that women can't replace male heroes without having their name, identity, personality, glory, powers, weapons and costume? In my perspective this is unfair to female lead, Angela book is great and Sif was great in JIM, and they still were and are Angela and Sif.

Again my points are focused only on Aaron's writing... Tell me where i m right and where i m wrong...

1) That makes no sense at all. And you have nothing to back it up. You have no idea what was said and it's not like Asgardians are mindless monsters that keep fighting until they die... Seriously?

2) It's already been pointed out to you that Odin refused to allow Thor the name Thor in asgard when he refused to stay. So he adopted Red Norvell as his new son Thor Odinson and refused to call Thor by his name. Also when Thor lost to Beta Ray Bill, the very first thing he was going to do was renounce his godhood and go to Midgard,

Hell, Odin stole a buttload of Thor's power and stashed them into the gauntlets and belt so he could make a Thor Backup... Obviously one he had no problem calling Thor.

It's long been established to be both a title and a name.

3) The first part of 3 is nonsense. "if so the foundations of Asgard and Valhalla are broken" is silly. Yes, he made the enchantment, but it's changing. And it wasn't just Thor's power infused into Mjolnir when it was repaired, but all the Odinforce Thor had been given was put into the Hammer as well.

4) Out of curiosity, what do you think his reaction would be after being gone and suddenly Freyja wasn't just backing down from being in charge in his absence? Or his son is no longer worthy of Mjolnir, and there's some pretender running around? He was used to being in charge, he's the All Father, and now so much is different. How do you think he would respond to so much change after returning?

5) I think this is all based on a misunderstanding. Or you're being dishonest. But I'll assume you're misunderstanding. She is not "becoming Thor". She is still the same person, (hence her thought bubbles), but her speech is being augmented to sound more Asgardian. The speech augmentation and added knowledge is what's new, and yes, most likely due to the extra infusion of Thor's and Odin's power, giving it somewhat more of a mind of its own (also why it was able to call to her). This might have other effects later, too, (like curing her cancer). She never called herself Thor before the conclusion of her fight with Thor Odinson, and she was even against it. So this isn't her simply becoming Thor as in the character "Thor Odinson". She is wielding the hammer like the other Mjolnir wielders who were transformed. And at least she had the decency to not immediately call herself Thor, but wait for approval from Thor Odinson (which he has given in the past). So the statement "according to Aaron now every time that a character is worthy of Mjolnir he [or she] becomes Thor?" is problematic. People have been transforming from the hammer for a while. Now the question, "now every time that a character is worthy of Mjolnir and transforms, his or her speech will be augmented by the hammer to sound more Asgardian?" is much more honest and applicable to reality.

Captain America didn't actually transform... And he didn't the first time he picked it up either. So obviously not everybody transforms, even if they pick it up. So that's established throughout Thor Lore. So using Captain America here doesn't apply. As for Loki, he's already Asgardian. And besides, this is all moot because not all changes happen instantly. It could have taken time for the enchantment alteration due to being loaded with more of Thor and Odin's powers. Changes in mutation are rarely instantaneous anyway. Do you have this complaint in every comic where an event takes a long time to take effect?

6) If we're working under the assumption that the enchantment has been altered by the super infusion of a buttload of Thor's and Odin's Power, then it's more of a symbiotic relationship between the two of them, so nah, with the hammer's help she could do quite well. Things don't always have to be static. Things can change as other things change, so a huge infusion of God power may change it. Besides, Loki beat Thor with his hammer as well.

One nitpick though... Thor doesn't have thousands of years of experience... To quote you, "What about you read TGOT? Maybe you could learn that Thor" hadn't yet began to wield Mjonir in 493ad. 1500 years ago, so there's no way he coulda wielded it for "thousands" of years, at most "more than a thousand" but no plural of thousand.

7) Question 1: She's not simply a female version of Thor. Sure she speaks in Asgardian dialect out loud, but lots of people do. Heck, Sif speaks in Asgardian dialect. She's even said "I say thee nay." Just speaking in Asgardian dialect doesn't mean she doesn't have her own personality. She has a distinct personality, but out loud and in thought bubbles. They sound different because of the dialect, but they don't conflict with each other, excepting when times she is surprised she knows things, but that isn't affecting her personality, more like augmenting her knowledge. The separation of thought and speech is a really cool and interesting part of this run. It's kinda neat, especially when she starts out thinking and then continues her inner thoughts out loud, like when she's flying. *Ok, so now I'm flying. But...* "How art thou... Supposed to steer?" And there are times she emulate's Thor, like when she asks herself how Thor would handle something, but that's a personal choice and in no way indicating she's actually becoming the same as the male Thor. And look at when they fought, that wasn't a fight between two of the same people.

7) Question 2: Nope, other men have had Thor's name, identity, glory, powers, weapons and costume without implying anything negative about all men. (I've removed "personality" from the list above because of the whole paragraph about Question 1)

And whoever this new Thor's secret identity is (Jane Foster), she's still herself behind the mask, no less so than if Sif or Angela picked it up, even accounting for her new speech pattern. It's just a different name, one she didn't even pick for herself, and was given to her symbolically.

Edit: added 7

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mjolnirson

@galacticfork:well the whisper make nonsense... Thor never did something soo bad to be unworthy, and even then unworthy Odin is lame... he was the one who enchanted mjolnir, no human whisper can undone what was done by a Skyfather

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Asgaard

@galacticfork: Thanks for you thoughts.

1 You simple don't understand the concepts of the Asgardian honor, Valhalla, Aesir and Vanir.

2 If you don't understand the 1 point why would you understand the second?

3 If you don't understand the 1 and 2 points why would you understand the third?

4 With Wisdom, his character was built with that premise.

5 Loki Asgardian? You make so much rookie mistakes that i don't know if you really read Thor before female Thor or all this is research, and you still mentioned thousand (s), like that is a real argument, but again in this point you have no argument, because Jane or Roz said on the moon "there always has to be a Thor", and you said "not immediately call herself Thor", her behavior is Asgardian and Jane and Roz aren't...and you still say that "She is still the same person"?

6 You can have a point if Aaron go with the Dr. Strange Fix Mjolnir with Thor life force angle, but we don't know that yet, and when you think that i m just a pure hater, think also that i point this angle to you and Mjolnir as a character.

Loki beat Thor in Axis just because he had the power of Thor, and the lightning didn't affect him, he didn't impress Thor with the hammer, and yes he just didn't get the blond hair in his transformation, because he wasn't going to sell the female version of Thor, It was P.I.S. that Mjolnir only works like a character with her, because others were worthy, after the Bor fight and that never happen.

7 Did you read issue 4 where Thor Odinson said that she also uses his expressions? And you said that there is a symbiotic relationship between the two of them, and you still try to say that she she has her own personality? Really? Do you think that Jane or Roz would ever have that aggressive Asgardian behavior if they weren't trying to be the female version of Thor? Aaron made his mistakes with this new book but his writing still is above that crappy stories from the past, that you always bring to justify his mistakes, the present isn't like the past, that crappy writing doesn't hold up, in the present females can be honored without the glory of the males, Female Thor didn't do anything that could made her worthy of the name Thor and even the hammer, Aaron just made a easy writing and made her worthy of both, without any believable actions or any Valhallan glory, i think you can't identify with that, because what i like in you is that you try to prove that you like female Thor not just because she is female like most of the female users of comicvine.

Here is how i see identity, Angela told Freyja that for the Angels the Vanir are the "who...res of Asgard", Sif is Vanir right, but she never care about magic or being away from battle like for ex.Freyja/Frigga, she is a warrior, She is Sif the unstoppable, she is very respected in all Asgard, she build her own name, with her own merits (sweat and blood), i would hate that anyone ever call her Thor, she is Sif, but i would love to see her as Sif worthy of Mjolnir (is unfair that never happen), always behaving like Sif, her brother is also more connected to the Vanir magic, because he can see anyone except female Thor, but Sif is a pure warrior without any Aesir blood and i really love and respect that concept, she is unique in all Asgard, i think the female Thor book would have better foundations if she could build her own identity with her merits, and even if Thor is a Scandinavian male name (Tor) Thunder, i could forget everything that i said, if the writer made it believable, but how she end up being called Thor was very very forced and that behavior doesn't fit Thor Odinson or any Asgardian, Thor was heroic as you can be, and he quit on his own identity!? NOT BELIEVABLE!!!

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@asgaard: Hi asgaard! You're really prolific, it's cool. :)

Here's my "humble" point of view :

From the beginning Aaron didn't stick with the continuity. People didn't care, because Aaron is a good story teller and Thor looked badass. But we were already far, far away the Thor that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created (the one who is my favorite super hero).

When Thor was created, at the early beginning, the writers let us thought that Donald Blake was a human who inherited the power of Thor from Mjolnir.

Maybe because the soul and the power of Thor resided in the hammer.

My guess :

I think this is the approach that Aaron wants to use. He doesn't care about continuity and wants to tell his own vision of Thor and Mjolnir.

I wouldn't be suprised if it turns out that Odinson was a vessel created by Odin for the soul of Thor residing in Mjolnir.

Ps : From my point of view, the inscription on Mjolnir was altered by one of the best Thor artist to create Beta Ray Bill. ;(

i think at the beginning it was just there to let Donald Blake thinks he was a human worthy of Mjolnir.

you are right, i like the idea of Odin and Cul as brothers like Loki and Thor but you are right

I always thought it would have been better if Cul was just the step-brother of Odin.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Asgaard

@thephoenx: Thanks for you thoughts, :) i won't say that you don't have a point, but i think it's easy for Aaron to go with the angle that Dr strange fix Mjolnir with Thor life Force after the hammer was broken in the fight with Bor, like i point out above there are still inconsistencies because other characters ex.(Loki and Cap) were worthy of Mjolnir after that and the Hammer never work like a character, seems to convenient that only now Mjolnir decided that it was time to be sentient.

After Thor dead in Fear Itself, Blake lost his connection with Odinson, later Matt Fraction on his run get ride of him (Blake) for good, and Mjolnir still work like he always worked, so i don't know if Aaron can explore any angle with Blake.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very interesting thread.

@thor_parker82:

Beata

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Asgaard
    mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: you welcome also you have very good theories.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Female Thor is a complete mess, Aaron´s God of Thunder was extremely good, I see no reason to have started this nonsense.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: Thank you... But i already fail with Odin being Cul, but at least Cul is in the Story and very close to Odin like you want. :)

Female Thor is a complete mess, Aaron´s God of Thunder was extremely good, I see no reason to have started this nonsense.

Thanks for your thoughts, that is the main problem her story didn't bring absolutely anything that could justify the end of TGOT.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@asgaard said:

@mjolnirson: Thank you... But i already fail with Odin being Cul, but at least Cul is in the Story and very close to Odin like you want. :)

@thor_parker82 said:

Thanks for your thoughts, that is the main problem her story didn't bring absolutely anything that could justify the end of TGOT.

My thoughts exactly.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@thor_parker82 said:

well you were very close, and it's cool but many of the points that you indicated are pretty much right and as Thor_parker82 said She Thor is a massive mess

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By arthurkerr

@asgaard said:

@thor_parker82 said:

Maybe and I could be wrong Jason had no idea how to end TGOT story arc and thought this up to end it. Then make it look like it is not his idea and the company made him do it , slip into the night when another writer takes over and bam way out.....

Who is to say whom thought this madness up or why but if you been paying attention to comics characters are being hijacked all over marvel. The push the female agenda 21 or what ever you call it and most are failing.

Disney must be on a rampage to see whom can be made into a female to sell to little girls.

I do not see Jason coming up with this idea after doing so well proving Thor is worthy then all off a sudden a whisper proves he is not. Sounds like a rummer mill in a girls play ground spreading around gossip and Thor got in the mix.

What happens when your reading a good book and all of a sudden it turns bad do you continue reading it hoping for the best or do you skip few chapters in hope that you find reason to go back and justify the horrible chapters?

Are the books going to split into age groups , ten year old and below , girls and boys , straight and bi or women and men and both and romance and action.

Are we stepping back in the comic industry and saying do we grow as a story telling company or do we stagnate?

Having been a fan of comics for the last 27 plus years I was at a point were buying comics just to support my favs meant not reading them just putting them in a box.

This got costly and for me the story was beginning to stray from hero to dark knight to plain and sad could almost be another villain.

Where does the comic book fans get a break and we see stories we long to see , Superman and Wonder Women , Thor and Sif and Spiderman and Black Cat?

Why do they dance around the stories that could be epic and give us stories that aim for the mark and yet never strike true never truly satisfy and leave us saying so close so darn close.

When you find the story you wish to tell be it Thor born on the planet of Dark Seid or The Hulk raging mad but deep down the soul of Thor's forgotten son the god of strength and we see that the stories can become far more and yet the character still stays the same.

Satisfying yet non fattening to even my wife would say that is a great deal.

To say if Thor was to fall into a deep sleep and all the kingdom was up in arms and Sif stood out with Odin and all waited on the attack when Mjolnir flew to her hands and she begins to fight and defend the realm eternal.

A hero becoming a bigger hero.

To one day toss Mjolnir high into the air and have Thor catch her and move on from that moment.

Where all the world waits and holds its breath and says. you can do better.

creative stories need not insult anybody.

Sometimes the best road happens to be the one most traveled.

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I've grown quite weary of that new Thor and all the discussions surrounding the ongoing issue. I could list a dozen reasons and get into an endless debate, but to put it simply, I just don't like it.

I'll just do the same thing as when Superior Spider-man came out: Find some other titles or new heroes to get you teeth into, and just wait for all of it to blow over.

Marvel is hell-bent on this character swap and probably will milk it for all it can for the next year or so. Right now I'm re-reading the 1999-2005 Thor run along with some new 52 stuff. Fun stuff for the most part.

Thor will be back as usual eventually. Writers know by now that only the originals can maintain a strong fan following. Sadly "killing" off characters for a while doesn't spook readers no longer, so nowadays it's all about PC mantle swapping and frightening us poor nerds with threats of change.

In fact I'm gonna call it now : newThor will stick around for 12-24 months or so, then a threat so great will emerge she will need oldThor to come back and thus resuming the natural order of things.

PIS did this, and only PIS can fix it again. Gentlemen, I bid you good day and see you back in 2017.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Aaron did a brilliant job with the god butcher/god bomb storyline. However, all of this stuff about not being worthy, odin not being worthy (he's the one who made the enchantment in the first place!) and the fact that thor has given up his BIRTH NAME due to not having mjolnir is unbelievable! Definitely lost respect for him

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Thanks for you Thoughts and yes creative stories don't need to insult anybody.

@mcdavid: Thanks for you Thoughts, dozen of reasons? I know you definitely could do it, i identity a lot with some of your posts.

@jay_z94: Thanks for you Thoughts, yup Thor was heroic as you can be, and gives is name to a unknown character that hadn't any Valhallan glory yet, just very convenient to his plot, not to mention other P.I.S...

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: This isn't going to stick man, it is just a stunt, unless Thor fades away and does the Vell thing and stay dead and gone, no writer other then Aaron are going to have characters call him Odinson all the damn time

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@galacticfork: Thanks for you thoughts.

1 You simple don't understand the concepts of the Asgardian honor, Valhalla, Aesir and Vanir.

2 If you don't understand the 1 point why would you understand the second?

3 If you don't understand the 1 and 2 points why would you understand the third?

4 With Wisdom, his character was built with that premise.

5 Loki Asgardian? You make so much rookie mistakes that i don't know if you really read Thor before female Thor or all this is research, and you still mentioned thousand (s), like that is a real argument, but again in this point you have no argument, because the first sentence of Female Thor after being worthy of Mjolnir was "there always has to be a Thor".

6 You can have a point if Aaron go with the Dr. Strange Fix Mjolnir with Thor life force angle, but we don't know that yet, and when you think that i m just a pure hater, think also that i point this angle to you and Mjolnir as a character.

Loki beat Thor in Axis just because he had the power of Thor, and the lightning didn't affect him, he didn't impress Thor with the hammer, and yes he just didn't get the blond hair in his transformation, because he wasn't going to sell the female version of Thor, It was P.I.S. that Mjolnir only works like a character with her, because others were worthy, after the Bor fight and that never happen.

7 Did you read issue 4 where Thor Odinson said that she also uses his expressions? And you said that there is a symbiotic relationship between the two of them, and you still try to say that she she has her own personality? Really? Do you think that Jane or Roz would ever have that aggressive Asgardian behavior if they weren't trying to be the female version of Thor? Aaron made his mistakes with this new book but his writing still is above that crappy stories from the past, that you always bring to justify his mistakes, the present isn't like the past, that crappy writing doesn't hold up, in the present females can be honored without the glory of the males, Female Thor didn't do anything that could made her worthy of the name Thor and even the hammer, Aaron just made a easy writing and made her worthy of both, without any believable actions or any Valhallan glory, i think you can't identify with that, because what i like in you is that you try to prove that you like female Thor not just because she is female like most of the female users of comicvine.

Here is how i see identity, Angela told Freyja that for the Angels the Vanir are the "who...res of Asgard", Sif is Vanir right, but she never care about magic or being away from battle like for ex.Freyja/Frigga, she is a warrior, She is Sif the unstoppable, she is very respected in all Asgard, she build her own name, with her own merits (sweat and blood), i would hate that anyone ever call her Thor, she is Sif, but i would love to see her as Sif worthy of Mjolnir (is unfair that never happen), always behaving like Sif, her brother is also more connected to the Vanir magic, because he can see anyone except female Thor, but Sif is a pure warrior without any Aesir blood and i really love and respect that concept, she is unique in all Asgard, i think the female Thor book would have better foundations if she could build her own identity with her merits, and even if Thor is a Scandinavian male name (Tor) Thunder, i could forget everything that i said, if the writer made it believable, but how she end up being called Thor was very very forced and that behavior doesn't fit Thor Odinson or any Asgardian, Thor was heroic as you can be, and he quit on his own identity!?

1,2 +3) Then back it up.

4) Really? Yeah, cause Odin's not known for having a temper and expecting to things to be his way or the highway. He totally didn't banish his son to earth for a while with no memories. Can you be more specific how you think Odin would really handle the situation?

5) "but again in this point you have no argument, because the first sentence of Female Thor after being worthy of Mjolnir was "there always has to be a Thor". This still doesn't counter what I said. Because of the "a" she was referring to the mantle of Thor, not Thor the character. You are implying Marvel is trying to make her a female version of the character Thor. You are still misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. Don't just look for something to point at and say "ah ha!" Here I will repeat what I said without this "ah ha!" moment so you can actually reply.

"I think this is all based on a misunderstanding. Or you're being dishonest. But I'll assume you're misunderstanding. She is not "becoming Thor". She is still the same person, (hence her thought bubbles), but her speech is being augmented to sound more Asgardian. The speech augmentation and added knowledge is what's new, and yes, most likely due to the extra infusion of Thor's and Odin's power, giving it somewhat more of a mind of its own (also why it was able to call to her). This might have other effects later, too, (like curing her cancer). She never referred to herself as a Thor to others before the conclusion of her fight with Thor Odinson, and she was even against it. So this isn't her simply becoming Thor as in the character "Thor Odinson". She is wielding the hammer like the other Mjolnir wielders who were transformed. And at least she had the decency not to refer to herself as a Thor to others, but wait for approval from Thor Odinson (which he has given in the past). So the statement "according to Aaron now every time that a character is worthy of Mjolnir he [or she] becomes Thor?" is problematic. People have been transforming from the hammer for a while. Now the question, "now every time that a character is worthy of Mjolnir and transforms, his or her speech will be augmented by the hammer to sound more Asgardian?" is much more honest and applicable to reality."

There, now please reply to that.

As for the second paragraph and the second "ah ha!" that you used to ignore the rest of what I said... Dispite the origins of his birth, he was raised Asgardian and is considered an Asgardian by others.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Unelss you're going to call Thor a rookie... But anyway, let me repeat that without the "ah ha"

"Captain America didn't actually transform... And he didn't the first time he picked it up either. So obviously not everybody transforms, even if they pick it up. So that's established throughout Thor Lore. So using Captain America here doesn't apply. As for Loki, he's a god. And besides, this is all moot because not all changes happen instantly. It could have taken time for the enchantment alteration due to being loaded with more of Thor and Odin's powers. Changes in mutation are rarely instantaneous anyway. Do you have this complaint in every comic where an event takes a long time to take effect?"

There.

And I didn't talk about "thousands" as if it was a real argument. I said right away it was nitpicking. Then I quoted the way you treat people if they get even the smallest thing off. I was emulating you (except I actually addressed the rest of your content before it began nitpicking).

6) You confirmed that Aaron was intending it, but I had speculations about it having a mind of its own by myself before that.

We had this discussion before, people get different effects when they transform. Everybody who transforms gets magical manifesting armor, one guy manifested a beard that would vanish when he transformed back. Please explain how magical armor and manifesting beards is OK, or even hair that is a foot longer, but hair changing color becomes PIS. And Loki's armor was a different color than other transformations, how is that worse than different hair?... It's a transformation.

7) That was about her specifically saying "I say thee nay" at Thor. Which is an Asgard expression, not owned and copyrighted by Thor Odison, and has been said by other Asgardians. A symbiotic relationship doesn't require her personality actually being altered... Would Thor have thought somebody who looked sad needed a hug? And she wasn't acting aggressively towards Thor. She spent the whole time defending herself and trying to calm Thor down. If you mean general aggressiveness, Jane's all about helping people, and presumably (assuming it's her), has been given lots of power to help people. Not much else you can do with a Hammer but use it. And back when she had Sif's energy inside of her, she had much better fighting abilities and used them, so I doubt it's a temperament thing, but a capability thing. And Roz is a SHIELD agent who took out 14 trolls on her own, imagine if she had a hammer of the Gods.

You are locked into your own belief about what you think Thor would do. It doesn't match history. You talk about honor in 1 2 and 3, but it's your made-up honor. Please address this, I'm tired of repeating it... When Thor lost to Beta Ray Bill, he was ready to give up his Godhood. When He was unwilling to give up Midgard as his home, he gave up his name in Asgard to Red because he knew he couldn't fulfill his duty there. Those are real canon examples of what Thor is willing to do for honor where his name and godhood are concerned. Those happened... You can't vanish them away with your imaginary idea of what you believe Thor should do.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Asgaard

@wmarshal said:

@asgaard: This isn't going to stick man, it is just a stunt, unless Thor fades away and does the Vell thing and stay dead and gone, no writer other then Aaron are going to have characters call him Odinson all the damn time

Thanks for you Thoughts, at least when Ragnarok movie will be released in 2017 Thor will be worthy again, i only point out the current Jason Aaron Bad writing on Thor, TGOT was great but Aaron just throw away a lot of stuff that he wrote in TGOT, for this PR Stunt book, at this point what would make me happy was another writer for Thor after this run. There are very good writers out there and my favorite for a Thor run would be Jonathan Hickman.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Asgaard

@galacticfork: Thanks for the second reply, if you think you made your point and i miss everything, cool :), i ask that in the topic, it's your own opinion, in my perspective you didn't bring anything new that i need to address again, and for me you don't understand yet the Asgard characters basic concepts and you also didn't understand some of Aaron's writing on female Thor, deny that the hammer influence her behavior proves that.

The topic wasn't just for you, and again i clearly know your opinion, not only from this topic, if you think i have no arguments, better for you that proved your point and remember that you also can make a topic with the title Jason Aaron perfect Writing on Thor, if you believe that.

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

Jason Aaron did a brilliant job with the god butcher/god bomb storyline. However, all of this stuff about not being worthy, odin not being worthy (he's the one who made the enchantment in the first place!) and the fact that thor has given up his BIRTH NAME due to not having mjolnir is unbelievable! Definitely lost respect for him

Yeah.
    Due to his dismal writing of THOR, Mr. Aaron is no longer worthy of the name "Jason".
    Someone more fitting will shortly take up that name.
    Henceforth, the former Jason shall be known as "Aaronson".

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Speak with your wallets. Stop buying it if you don't like it.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: You're adorable. Thanks for your response.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spykat: "Aaronson" ... Nice i also Love Your topic about the Whisper words being "P.I.S."... :)

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@spykat: "Aaronson" ... Nice i also Love Your topic about the Whisper words being "P.I.S."... :)

lol - Thx much Asgaard, I appreciate it ;)

kawabashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kawabashi

@asgaard: I must agree on everything on what you said.I think they cannot be a good character without respecting some basics proper to Thor world .Three things really bothered me to the point I stopped reading and buying Thor for a while.First the assumption Thor power supposedly reside in his hammer...This is absolutely false. His hammer is just a channel for his power and it has always been.Second,the fact that Thor can only be named Thor if he has his hammer..which is a non sense and is absolutely false.Thor is his birth name and has always been,whatever happens, Thor is Thor.The people, who received Thor's power , did not become worthy of his name, nature and title but his power..stating otherwise is a non sense and is just plain stupidity.Third and not the least ,Thor is an amazing opponent for anyone even without mjolnir ,if some of his power are bound to mjolnir many are not.furthermore I could add that writer don't follow any guideline anymore.This is the reason why Thor sucks nowadays and we come to such absurdity like the hulk being able to grab Thor hand and hit it with it as if Thor was a baby and a woman becoming Thor just because she lifted up his hammer.What we really need now more than anything in the marvel universe is good writers.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kawabashi: Thanks for your thoughts, the book has a lot of P.I.S. to try make this change work, if you usually read Thor you know what i m talking about, Aaron sold some of the concepts that he wrote in TGOT for this Pr stunt...

I also Quit on the female Thor book after issue 5 where Aaron not happy with his current P.I.S. writing insult the Thor fans...

Thor Odinson fans run Aaron's Female Thor P.I.S. Gauntlet.

1 Whisper

2 Odin Unworthy

3 Thor quits on his own identity

4 Odin the All-Wise behaves like a irrational Human

5 Aaron uses Absorbing Man allegory to insult Thor fans

I m a big big fan i just stop at 5...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.