Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

A Thor based TV Show?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I had an idea for a Thor based TV show. The basic idea is to have it centered around Balder, Norse God of Light and son of Odin and my favorite Thor supporting character. In the original myths he was killed by Hoder, the blind archer god, with a mistletoe arrow which was given to Hoder by Loki. Mistletoe was the only thing that could harm the otherwise invulnerable Balder, and so he was struck dead. He was later retrieved from Helheim after Ragnarok and helped to rebuild the world.

Now I really don't like the Ultimate Universe's depiction of Thor(The hammer is cool, but that's it), but I find the portrayal of Balder to be highly interesting. He is one of the three sons of Odin, who helped end the war between Asgard and Jotunheim with help from his brothers Loki and Thor. Of the three, Balder was the better fighter and he was also the All-Seeing Eye of Odin. He was killed by Loki when he tried to stop his brother from stealing the Norn Stones out of Odin's Chamber. He later was resurrected in human form by Odin. As a human, Balder lives under the name of Donald Blake AKA the mortal guise of Thor in most continuities.

Now the basic premise is the same. Balder is slain by Loki, however to fit with the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Loki this is actually an accident and Loki regrets it. However Odin manages to have him reborn as a human on Earth to save his son's life. He grows up on Earth in the form of Donald Blake, who has been confirmed to exist in the Thor movie, but when Thor and the Avengers come into the world's view he begins getting flashes.

They start small, but he begins to remember things he logically shouldn't know of. Soon he begins questioning his sanity, until one day an Asgardian creature makes its way to Earth and Don rushes to defend people from it. Suddenly he displays superhuman strength and power, firing a blast of pure light at the monster and kills it.

I think this would be a good way to show off Thor's earth based rogues gallery as well, since we likely won't get them in the movies. Villains like the Wrecker and his Wrecking Crew, Absorbing Man, even some Asgardian villains that the movies may not use for a while.

Maybe call it "Journey into Mystery"?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By THORSON

I am down for a THOR tv show. I watch cable tv at least 0.9% all year. If THOR had a tv show i'd watch it every week.

But marvel THOR/Norse are completely different from norse mythology its less likely for marvel to have majority accuracy with Norse mythology.

I stopped trying to figure out what in marvel THOR is accurate with Norse mythology because each version or marvel THOR is always different. (sometimes odin has 1 eye andsometimes he doesn't, sometimes hela is loki's daughter and sometimes she's not). It only causes confusion.

I think THOR needs to focus on villains from other realms than earth villains. THOR has a great unique gallery of villains that is nearly greater than any characters

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By phisigmatau

coool

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Thor's brand is that far-reaching into the mainstream. If they were going to make a TV show based on one of Marvel's titular characters, it'd most likely be an Iron Man-based series before Thor. If somehow a Thor-based series were created, I'd imagine the starring characters would be Sif and the Warrior's Three since their appearances on the big screen have been rather negligible at best. Perhaps have Amora or Hela as the main antagonist (in league with Surtur perhaps, building to the third Thor film), which would appeal to young girls if the two main opposing forces were female. While the Thor brand is very popular and hot at the moment, I can't see Marvel exploring it further in television unless there was a major demand for an Asgardian-based show from the fantasy/sword-n-sandles crowd.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Avatar image for kingofthunder247
    kingofthunder247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be really cool to me...i can see a epic thor tv show where they taking us to other worlds fighting battle after battle with mjolnir and the warriors 3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.