Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

A question about Thor's heritage.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By azza04

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to Thor. I was wondering if anyone could tell me when and what series/Issue, Thor is told or discovers his mother is the Elder Godess Gaea? Is this news made a big deal of in Thor's life? And does he actually get to meet her? Also, in your opinions, would you say it is worth buying the series/issue in a trade paperback?  

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @azza04 said:
    " I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to Thor. I was wondering if anyone could tell me when and what series/Issue, Thor is told or discovers his mother is the Elder Godess Gaea? Is this news made a big deal of in Thor's life? And does he actually get to meet her? Also, in your opinions, would you say it is worth buying the series/issue in a trade paperback?    Thanks :) "

I believe that its issue #300, so a biggie. Its a pretty massive issue and reveal. He does indeed met her in the same issue, and in a dramatic fashion as well. If you are a Thor fan? Then definitely. 

You can buy it collected in Thor The Eternals Saga. VOL 2, or get that and VOL 1 for an even more epic story, 
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By azza04
    @SC:
    Thanks for the info, big help for me :) definitely going to pick up vol 1 and 2 

thanks! 
    Ry Fryy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ry Fryy

Eternals Saga is some top-notch stuff.  You're really going to enjoy it.  :)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By z3ro180
    @SC:

can youput up some scans of the it if u have them plz ?
    RoninTheFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RoninTheFury
    @Z3RO180 said:
    " @SC: can youput up some scans of the it if u have them plz ? "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Those are the only 2 i have with Gaea revealing herself to the Celestials to save Thor and earth. although i do have some of the battle leading up to Gaea's appearance.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc
    @azza04:
    Yes, Gaea revealed herself as Thor's mother in "Thor" #300, but the story of how this came to be was actually covered in #301.
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By z3ro180
    @RoninTheFury:
    thanks mate for posting the scan and if could can u post the scans leading up to thee battle.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @azza04:  @Z3RO180: @RoninTheFury:  

Here are some more. This site has a rule against too many scans from one issue so I edited some pages a bit so I could include more scenes, oh and of course I recommend for those of you don't that have a TPB /copy etc, its way more satisfying to read the entire issue, if you can track it down etc etc, amazing story, issue, saga etc, oh and spoilers for below as well if you don't want to read segments.  

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By z3ro180
    @SC:
    thanks alot for the scans.
    blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blur99

If Odin and company were wiser they would have got some help before the Host returned.  

Hi I'm New

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hi I'm New

does that make him zeus's half-bro?

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By seekquaze
    @Hi I'm New: 
    No, Gaea was Zeus's grandmother.  So I think it makes him Zeus's uncle.  Just about all the pantheons are in some way or another related through Gaea so they are all one big family.  Trying to figure out that family tree is a head ache.  For the Greeks alone Thor would be half-brother to all of the first-generation Titans, uncle to the first generation Olympians and second-generation Titans, and a great-uncle to the second-generation Olympians.  So Thor is Hercules's great-uncle.  Let's not even try to get started on incorporating the other pantheons into this. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.