Follow

Thor: The Dark World

Movie » Thor: The Dark World released on November 08, 2013.

Thor: The Dark World (2013) is the sequel to Marvel's Thor (2011) and the eighth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Thor: The Dark World

• 107 results
    Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vaeternus

@E1000, disagree. MOS action sequences were better and more lively far from boring, plus as stegman mentioned I could have done without all that romance personally. It was alright. I'm looking more forward to X-Men DOFP honestly alot more then Thor films.

I really enjoyed this new Star Wars, uh, Marvel, instalment)

lol I know right? I feel like maybe it's me but seems like Thor MU is mixing LOTR with SW=Thor movies lol, I don't know just feels like a similar tone or that they're trying to emulate that.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By vandinejd_1991

@g_man

You need to edit your article a bit. There were a couple sentences that would leave the reader puzzled:

"As you may have heard, Loki's presence is largely felt, despite not appearing throughout the entire film."

"He was a bad villain. He just wasn't a great one."

Those sentences just need to be reworded somehow.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By LyraFay

Wow, another throwaway Marvel villain, what a surprise?!

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I will watch this movie very soon.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Been hearing bad stuff elsewhere, but your review gives me hope that I may enjoy it!

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fresh_prince: I completely agree with this. Even though I enjoyed it, I preferred the combat between Asgardians and Frost Giants in the first movie. I still loved this movie and the end credits scenes. Superheroes Movies are my favourite things in the World.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. I may not see it for a while since I'm really busy this semester, but it looks promising. I mainly just hope it's better than Tony Stark 3: the Movie... but I'm certain it will easily pass that expectation because it doesn't take much effort for anything to be better than that travesty.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is clearly a 3.5/5 movie.... Yet CV gave it a 4?

If that's the kind of scores CV is giving.... Why not just use the thumbs up scoring? two thumbs down, thumb down, thumb up, two thumbs up, (and masterpiece... not needed on this site).

I rarely see anything else that is lower than a 3.....

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the people complaining about too much humor, I have no idea what you're all talking about. Iron Man 3 had way more humor in it (regardless that film wasn't ruined either). My only complaints about the humor in Thor: The Dark World were that they were spread out randomly throughout the movie and it seemed awkward. The scene after Frigga's funeral is a good example.

Although I enjoyed the film overall, my favorite scene HAS to be Cap's cameo - Chris Evans was awesome!

Shadowmyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really disliked Thor 2.

Earth characters just go away, just annoying to me . The battles not great, just bland to look at . Loki was the best part of this movie , the rest I didn't care about:P. The villain ? who cares , just some generic alien that want's to destroy the world :P Should have had more Sif in it , she didn't really do much, instead we got Jane Foster lovie dovie Thor.

I usually like Marvel movies , but this one , just no.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@juliustakalua: What? I must have missed the official declaration that the official rating was a 3.5. Sorry dude, a four was my score since all reviews are opinions. As for reviews not getting lower than a three, there have been plenty with comics. We don't focus on books that are really bad because they don't really need the focus. And spewing hate is tiresome in reviews. We don't shy away from them or sweep them under the rug, if you've listened to our podcasts.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
    feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juli opinions? WHat is this madness?!

Praetor_fenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Praetor_fenix

"Mew-Mew!". Sorry, but i can't help but finding Kat Denning's character adorable and Jane Foster pretty dull, for all we care she could be Bella Swan (well not really, at least Natalie smiles).

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's a good movie, not great, but good. I would give it 3.5 stars...

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm..Hope to seeing this. Regardless of what anyone may say about the movie or Marvel. I really appreciate Marvel's efforts in promoting their characters. Decades ago people wouldn't know the likes of Thor, Hawkeye, etc.,. but, now their popularity is growing it's a nice way to promote comics and sow future fans. IMO.

ceniza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ceniza

Great, great movie. Fun, respectful of its source, paced, action packed, a little heavy on the love-story side, but what movie isn't nowadays? and yes: a little more sif/warrior three would have been appreciated. and the humor from the earthlings could have been toned down, (made more) subtle. But seriously, this improves on the first Thor, the nine realms/space shown in Avengers, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe I general, to me, it is a big step. Saw saturday in Colombia, by the way.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

I quite liked it, although one of my gripes was that Jane Foster ended up with the aether near the beginning. It felt too coincidental that she's the one to discover it, given that a) she has a connection to Thor and Asgard and b) it presumably would have taken Malekith a long time to acquire it on his own.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a great film. Don't give it four stars and be consistently negative!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5/5 even though i haven't seen it yet

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@juliustakalua: What? I must have missed the official declaration that the official rating was a 3.5. Sorry dude, a four was my score since all reviews are opinions. As for reviews not getting lower than a three, there have been plenty with comics. We don't focus on books that are really bad because they don't really need the focus. And spewing hate is tiresome in reviews. We don't shy away from them or sweep them under the rug, if you've listened to our podcasts.

opinions are opinions. But sometimes I feel like when sites give reviews, they need to have some sort of a rating standard. I see the reviews as the reason to the score the reviewer is giving. And CV seems kind of inconsistent. If you felt I was insulting you, I was not. I'm just saying that the star system is just not working as well on this site. Everything's either a 4 or 3. And sometimes a full on 5.

5-great

4-good

3-fail

is the vibe I'm getting. So why not just use thumbs? I find it confusing when a reviewer gives a film 4 stars out of 5 but writes the review in a different way. 4/5 generally means that the material is great. 3 means good. 5 means masterpiece...

My problem is not with your review for the film. It's the score that it received from your review. It seems as if there isn't a standard for reviews. Perhaps I missed a thread stating the scoring standards... But as of now, I'm just saying I'm confused with all 3s,4s, and 5s. One review says a this book is pretty good then gives the book a 4... Another says another book is great and it's also a 4...

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Loved it, fantastic movie! Much better than Thor and I liked better than Iron Man 3 as well. The only things I didn't like were Malekith, who was kind of a weak villain, and the Thor/Jane Foster relationship, which is frankly pretty boring. Everything else was just awesome!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

So the action is neat,but story-wise it's a "didn't-like-it-didn't-hate-it" film?....
    Yost wrote the screenplay....

clumsyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By clumsyninja

After watching I felt it was pretty mediocre. It has a slow start and the 30 minutes were pretty forgettable. Hopefully the Cap movie is better.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

If only they hadn't cut out Malekith's origin story.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give this movie a 4.5/5 stars. The action was entertaining and most of the characters were really engaging. Some of the scenes with Darci seem to be a bit too forced with the humor, but that's my only real complaint about this movie. The mixture of Asgardian mythology and sci-fi action was a pleasant surprise. The cameos were also great and had me laughing out loud.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was very good. Nothing "out of character" to evoke the rage of radical fans, Loki was charming and attractive, things got hammered by lord sexymusclehair Thor. Overall an enjoyable film.

My friend Tommy the reviewers' critque:

"Perhaps lacking the magnitude and grandiose of its preceding feature, 'Thor: The Dark World' manages to maintain an interesting, albeit mildly convoluted narrative. Featuring far more of the same fascinating visual effects surrounding Thor's homeland of Asgard, as seen far more temporarily in the previous installment. Paper thin characters and a muddled story doesn't completely debilitate 'Thor: The Dark World', but does still manage to bring it down as a film"

IncredibleMSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By IncredibleMSJ

I was not a fan. Granted I am biased, Thor is among my all time favorite characters so I can be a harsh judge. I think they severely underpower Thor in these films, which I understand. It's not entertaining to watch someone who is over powered but still. Thor kind of got his ass kicked throughout the film. This movie spent far too much time concentrating on comedy and love interests. Again, nothing wrong with a little comedy, but the movie was over saturated to say the least. Who the hell cares about Darcy and the interns relationship in the midst of a battle that threatens the universe. And also....enough with the sci-fi. The dark elves might as well have been storm troopers. Stop turning these films into comedies guys. Please!!!!

(Spoiler Alert)

You've been warned.

The collector scene at the end of the film was terrible. The collector looked absolutely ridiculous.

devil leonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By devil leonx

Good film over not great but worth watching! Things could have be better like the villain getting more development, the love triangle should have been flushed out more but with it said good solid sequel, heck I would say its better than the first Thor and hells ton better than Iron man 2!

ComicBookCoby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

I can see why you enjoyed it Tony but for me this film was so emotionally underdeveloped and relentless in the plot movement that it reminds me of Transformers 2. This was the type of story that works for the third of fourth film when you have the characters and base clearly marked out.

That said I loved the desing in this film it's beautiful.

Cheap Plug to User Review

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By blazinasian112

Movie was awesome. Great cinematics and action...definitely up there with Iron Man 1, Avengers, and Thor1

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just watched Thor at the movie theatres and I have a couple things to say. It was a good movie, a good 8.5/10 but there was some stuff that kept made me think.

1-When Thor threw Mjolnir at Malekith and it went through the portal shouldn't it have crossed through dimesions to reach Thor instead of flying all the Way from said dimesion? Even if it should have came back a lot faster.

2-Am I the only one who believed that Thor didn't use much weather manipulation? All I seen him do was strike the ground for an area smash. He made it rain and burned off Malekith's face, but you would expect more from the GOD of THUNDER andl LIGHTNING.

3-Not to be that guy, but Thor was getting tossd around left and center. Kurse stomped the crap out of him and Malekith was doing about the same too. (Until the end) Although it did show that he was rather durable.

4-So the whole power Malekith wanted was suppose to be an infinity gem? Too my knowledge the soul gem? ( He gave some of the power to Kurse and he was draining people's souls from them )

5-So what happened to Odin? Was he captured by Loki?

6-So the ending is a tie in too Guardians Of The Galaxy and Avengers 3?

I loved how Marvel movies opperate, they show you characters, places, and things you would never expect. Like really, I'm pretty sure no one suspected the Collector. Loki turning into Cap was hilarious too because that's exactly how Cap comes off to me " righteous, justice". Well I've said enough, lol. Hopefully someone could answer my questions :)

Watcherg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3.5 out of 5

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw it last night, its good not great

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the movies was epic it had the right mix of everything waaaay better than the failure of iron man 3 liked the mix of swords and laser guns

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#93 k4tzm4n  Moderator
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I thought the movie was amazing, I never felt as if the movie dragged even during the short moments on Earth. I loved how it opened with a big battle and really never let up for the remainder of the film. I thought the cast was great, I thought each character got their time to shine, all having a scene or two and allowing them one-on-one time with Thor at some point in the film. I enjoyed Thor and Jane's relationship in this film much more than in the first, I felt that she actually had a reason to be in the movie and her role in the story made me warm up to her character better whereas in the first movie I could have cared less. Also, the surprise cameo with Captain America was personally one of my favorite parts, I didn't see that coming and it was simply fantastic to see.

Overall, I thought the movie was great and loved every minute of it.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By icec0ld

How you guys liked it so much is beyond me.

This movie was a love story flat out. All the attention was given to Jane so the villains and the warriors 3 got simple cameos and no development. Malakith simply shows up blows things up a then is gone, but we get to see scene after scene of jane wallow in angst. this movie sucked balls. thor was weak and got stomped by an orc that looked like predator.

williamfonseca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was waaaaaaaay better than Iron-Man 3

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 stars out of 5 for me. the movie was better than iron man 3.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#100  Edited By CommanderShiro

I really enjoyed this. Kept me entertained throughout the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.