New 'Thor: The Dark World' Trailer

• 70 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio

Previous trailers have spelled out the bare basics of Thor's next adventure and thus far it's looking like it'll be a pretty good time, but this latest trailer aims to elaborate on the storyline and wow us with glimpses of plenty of new scenes. Plus, there's a whole lot of Loki, and you can't go wrong with too much Tom Hiddleston, right? Feast your eyes on the new trailer and then let us know what you think about it in the comments below. Love it? Hate it? Feeling all kinds of meh? Speak your mind below!

Thor: The Dark World is directed by Alan Taylor and comes out November 8th.

Staff
#1 Edited by shusho (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder who sponsors this film... L'Oreal or Pantene? Because everyone's hair looks fabulous!! Hahaha

But honestly I'm impressed with the trailer. And with the fact that Natalie Portman actually looks like a woman now and not a teenager :)

#2 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Dernman (14755 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm he doesn't seem very godly to me. He comes off like any mortal hero in a fantasy setting.

Gonna try reserving judgement on movie till I see it but I wasn't impressed with the trailer.

#4 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3105 posts) - - Show Bio

Was alright, wasn't any thing special. Don't get me wrong though I'm looking forward to the movie.

I do find the "That was for New York" line funny.

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20150 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome! And I hated the first movie.

#6 Edited by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure the movie will be great, but the trailer is not what I was hoping for. Too much Jane, not enough Kurse or Malekith, not enough 'awesome' shots you would expect from a trailer for a movie such as this. I thought it was decent, but I was expecting Marvel to go all out on this trailer. One thing though, this movie looks great cinematically.

Also, Jane confirmed stronger than Captain America. Or bullets.

#7 Posted by Grimoire (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't that guy at the end the same alien species as Korg from WWH?

#8 Posted by Falconer (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs more Warriors Three.

#9 Edited by Rafa Lee (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this looks very fun, the first was cool but not great, Dark World seem like a more mature movie even still have the Marvel funny moments, the actors can be more comfortable on their characters, i have nice expectations for November.

#10 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32827 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez Thor, you couldn't of landed any softer huh?

#12 Posted by FyreLight (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good to me. I'll definitely go see it because I enjoyed the first one and I can't wait for Avengers 2. With the potential destruction of all reality on the line, I wonder if we'll find out what the other heroes are up to or if they'll just ignore everyone else again like in Iron Man 3. It would be nice to see how this second wave of movies fits together chronologically, but I won't hold my breath.

#13 Posted by longbowhunter (6785 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckal: I caught that too. Nice little nod to those in the know.

#14 Posted by 2cool4fun (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

This trailer is AWESOME!! but then again so where the trailers for the first Thor movie, Green Lantern & Ghost Rider 2, and those movies sucked so hard!!

I`ll go watch it, but only cause Loki is getting more spotlight, except for that, nothing really interests me. And i`m not one of those people who fanboy/girl over Loki and ironman since they got there movies ( especially cause ironman 2 sucked, and 3 was disappointing ), the only reason i like those characters so much at the moment is because of there actors, if it was not for RDJ ironman would not be so successful, i mean only the first movie was good, but i`m getting of topic here.

I`ll watch it, only for Loki, and who knows, since i don`t expect it too be good, maybe it will suprise me, so i`m keeping my expectations as low as possible.

#15 Posted by BradyDale (61 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by tuckboarder (43 posts) - - Show Bio

"Anyone else?" god i love how smug that red caped bastard is

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (38806 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that was awesome!

#18 Posted by ekrolo (431 posts) - - Show Bio

It better be better than the original Thor movie which was a resounding meh for me.

#19 Posted by ccraft (5067 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone notice the reused prop in this movie?

that prison for loki looks like the same one in Star Trek

#20 Posted by vPuik (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome! And I loved the first movie!

#21 Posted by The Stegman (23143 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez Thor, you couldn't of landed any softer huh?

I was thinking the same thing, though in Man of Steel Superman pretty much destroyed the ground everytime he took off, maybe flying isn't as easy as some make it out to be.

#22 Posted by The Stegman (23143 posts) - - Show Bio

This trailer looks better than the first Thor, which was mediocre in my book, looks like this'll take place in Asgard or one of the other nine realms that isn't Midgard, and I'm excited for it, Thor was powerless for half of the first film, and his fights were boring and short for the other half.

#23 Posted by Manute117 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking foward to this one...

#24 Posted by sagejonathan (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks much better than the other trailers. I'm excited.

#25 Edited by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with the first film was not enough action, Jotunheim was by far the best sequence. This movie needs more fight scenes, more thunder and lightning, and more massive feats of strength. Because that's what Thor can do. If he gets his hand cut off, then Alan Taylor is just stealing something from GoT. We'll see.

#26 Edited by Lvenger (18394 posts) - - Show Bio

"Anyone else?" is the line of the trailer right there. Hopefully this'll balance a more mature story with plenty of action just like the director Alan Taylor has done with Game of Thrones. Really looking forward to this film as it's fitting the quota that sequels are better than the originals.

#27 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the first movie was just okay. Between Iron Man 2, Captain America and Thor, Thor was technically the worst. This looks like it might be better. The climax for the first Thor was terrible and I hated that it was in a small town on Earth. I also thought it was TOO grounded. Wouldn't be surprised if there were some Guardians of the Galaxy tie-in. Like how Loki was working for Thanos in Avengers.

#28 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (881 posts) - - Show Bio

I still want to know what the hell Chris O'Dowd's character is! It's been rumored he's Daredevil but it hasn't been revealed who he actually plays. I don't know how I'd feel about him as Daredevil. He's kind of goofy looking while Matt is a handsome dude.

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24679 posts) - - Show Bio

Was that a Kronan he smashed there at the end?

#30 Posted by iaconpoint (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: looks like one!

I cannot wait for this movie. Thor is my favorite of Marvel's big three. With swords, and sorcery, and hammers. Ah yeah!

#31 Posted by Lvenger (18394 posts) - - Show Bio

Was that a Kronan he smashed there at the end?

I thought so too. Nice reference to the first Journey into Mystery.

#32 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

damn looks good

#33 Edited by MrMazz (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks solid. Always like that they have treated the Thor films more as fantasy adventure than "superhero" movie. This kind of deviations is what will be key for Marvel and Disney keeping the train running, mixing and matching genres that fit the IP they are using. Guardians of the Galazy is apparently a funny action comedy sounds good. Capt. America is a political thriller with men in tights. Iron Man 3 was a Shane F'ing Black film. And so on.

#34 Posted by Ministurt (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Hot damn now that's a trailer!

#35 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4915 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good.

#36 Posted by novi_homines (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

I was honestly blown away by this trailer. from the beautiful cinematography to keeping the fantastical elements while still not following the "dark" film everyone seems to love going for. And after seeing it, it looks to be the greatest comic book (solo hero) film ever made. It looks extremely unique as a cbm, and is the only one of its kind. My expectations have been exceeded and now i'm wondering just how great this trilogy will be.

#37 Posted by JuliusTakalua (265 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6147 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#39 Posted by The_Vein (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like this movie should be called "Loki: The Dark World"

#40 Edited by TheBlackHood (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually looks like a pretty fun movie and that's from someone who isn't really a Thor fan. I hope they can step up the battles from the first movie because I was supremely disappointed in the Destroyer fight.

#41 Edited by batmannflash (6191 posts) - - Show Bio

wow wow this might very well be the best superhero movie of the year. The ending was hilarious and badass

#42 Posted by CaptainHoopla (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, loved the trailer, I'm officially excited now. I found that last scene quite humorous.

#43 Posted by ThreadPool (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome! And I hated the first movie.

Agreed. I've never seen a movie where I enjoyed the leads (Hemsworth & Hiddleston) so much and disliked the actual movie equally. Looks to be bigger and better than the first.

#44 Posted by thesleuth (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Look promising, I like the mood the movie is going for.

#45 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thunder God is Coming!

#46 Posted by bane122 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

The first trailer didn't do much for me but this one was pretty good. Getting a bit excited now.

#47 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

By the Gods! Impressive trailer. Loved the ending! Reminded me of that scene in Troy!

#48 Edited by IronFanofSteelofThunder (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimoire: He's an elf. So Idk much about World War Hulk but I don't think Malekith is from Sakaar but maybe theyre trying to bring the universe together or something.

#49 Posted by Grimoire (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironfanofsteelofthunder: I was talking about the rock creature. In WWH some of them crashed on Sakaar before Hulk arrived. Also when Korg talked about his past it did mention when he and his brothers ran into Thor on Earth. They thought he was a normal human and lost to him before running away.

#50 Posted by laabitres (354 posts) - - Show Bio

trailer looks dope hope its not a disappointment like the last one

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.