Follow

Thor #1

Thor » Thor #1 - If He Be Worthy released by Marvel on November 2014.

Who is the new GODDESS OF THUNDER?

Thor #1

• 127 results
    4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By 4Thor

@primebonnick said:

@4thor: what man i'm talking about thor being depressed because he lost his hammer what the hell are you talking about?

Sorry, misinterpreted your words! you were talking how Thor was feeling in the book, i was answering what's the big deal to long time Thor Fans like me, dislike how marvel made this change! Publicity above Plot!

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By 4Thor

@idontlikebirds: Should Thor fans be happy with Aaron and Marvel first press comments on the new Thor! After the view announcement?

Series writer Jason Aaron emphasizes, “This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before.”

http://marvel.com/news/comics/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor

says Marvel editor Wil Moss. “The new Thor continues Marvel's proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more. And this new Thor isn't a temporary female substitute - she's now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!”

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54067

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Thor: God of Thunder was one of, if not, Marvel's best series since the NOW relaunch. Jason Aaron has done wonders on the series and I expect he will continue to do so. Unfortunately, I can't churn up enough interest in this new character and direction to continue reading. For me, this is a case of changing up a series that really didn't need to be changed yet. Too many other good comics to spend money on, particularly Image, when I don't feel completely on board with this. I do hope it's a great series and brings in some new readers, otherwise this will all be for naught, and that would be a real shame.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: oh ok understandable i can see why you would be, because i was lost in what you were talking about lol.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt:

the confinuity is nuts right now none of it makes sense. its different in litterally every book

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
    Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Antihero_Jaymok

Ok, so people are complaining about "the trolling" and "nerd rage", but I have what I think is a legitimate question: If She-Thor is according to Marvel,"Not She-Thor, but the one and only Thor", does that mean the old Thor is changing his name? And if so, to what?

cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, and Avengers were not selling where they should be for "being Marvel's flagship characters". That's the only reason why this change occurred.

Jason Aaron had this planned from the beginning? Yeah right. Odd that it occurred the same time Captain America was replaced. I guess it succeeded though since we are all talking about Thor. Will this be a Red Hulk where all interest is gone after we find out who it is?

All of the heroes got switched at the same time, and they'll all be back eventually due to an event.

Passing on this and FalCap. Going to use that budget to buy Wytches next week instead.

ujustgotpwnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was pretty satisfied with this first issue. It was more than I was expecting here! I figured they wouldn't reveal this woman quite yet as they did and they was a great way to end this issue for a new chapter in the Thor saga! 4/5

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, read it today, this book is a page-turner. Fantastic art, cool story, incredibly gender-insensitive Odin the All-Father. The All-Mother is going to knock his horns down a notch. Again, Dauterman just nails it.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUYING FRESH NEW MARVEL CHARACTER!

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The suspense is killing me. I wonder who is the new Thor.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
    spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did Odin come back?

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Good first issue, cant wait to see where it goes!!!

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#116  Edited By KingStandup

Interesting first issue. I'm intrigued for a number of reasons, but especially because I want to find out what becomes of Thor - the dude. Interesting. I'm also wondering if the new Thor has any relation whatsoever to Odin or Asgard, oh yes, excuse me, Asgardia.

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt: Agreed on the logo, I like the basic design but the outer glow and gradient do leave a little bit to be desired.

ujustgotpwnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought previously that it would have been Angela, but seeing as she left Asgardia and is getting her own series. I figured that it would in deed NOT be her. Although it would be pretty cool. Really can't wait to see who she is and how much ass she kicks!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just read it a second time, and I enjoyed it even more since I took the time to soak in the beautiful artwork.

Thor being devastated over the loss of the Mojlnir is not the only reason why he's upset (especially since it was literally fixed by Strange by using Thor's own life-force.) Whatever was whispered to him could explain his devastation.

This book revealed the new Thor, and she is absolutely worthy. I would only be stunned if it's not who I think it is (and who it should be).

This definitely deserved a five star review. Fair remarks in the bad section since it was hard to witness Thor in his condition but that's part of what appears to be a really promising and exciting story direction.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue was meh. Thor is being a baby. Odin is an ass like always, which i actually like, but him not lifting mjolnir was complete BS. Freyja trying to overrule Odin was complete BS. This is Odin, you husband, your god. He could kill you with a thought. He commands galaxies and banished an entire realm by himself. There's no reason freyja should rule when he's around.

Secondly what was the point of Thor losing his hand? You need two hands for an Axe. Only one for a hammer. And why to malekith? He's not nearly powerful enough to be doing damage like that to Thor. I hope he grows it back with magic when he gets mjolnir back. I would not be able to stand looking at old king thor if I knew that he has only one arm because Malekith, of all people, cut him apart.

And then malekith doesn't even try to kill Thor, just cuts his arm off and leave, and Thor doesn't say a darn thing. This series looks like its leaving Thor in the dust. It seems like it will focus more on lady Thor and Odin and freyja fighting but I'll wait and see.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Comicuser

lmao this issue was great

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I love this issue! ,every bit of it!

WAM-Hope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still no information of what make him unworthy?

TRK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, i give it a chance but this new book is ridiculous!!! I will save my money with marvel like Aaron says for the foreseeable future.

donttellmymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more interested to learn what happens to bearded Thor than the new Thor

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wam-hope: nope

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@ms-lola said:

I just read it a second time, and I enjoyed it even more since I took the time to soak in the beautiful artwork.

Thor being devastated over the loss of the Mojlnir is not the only reason why he's upset (especially since it was literally fixed by Strange by using Thor's own life-force.) Whatever was whispered to him could explain his devastation.

This book revealed the new Thor, and she is absolutely worthy. I would only be stunned if it's not who I think it is (and who it should be).

This definitely deserved a five star review. Fair remarks in the bad section since it was hard to witness Thor in his condition but that's part of what appears to be a really promising and exciting story direction.

Well said lady.

I really liked this too.

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
    randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

am i the only one who thinks it is Freyja?

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 2

#129  Edited By Endanger

Is the new Thor Freya????

Seems like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.