Batman in Flashpoint.

#1 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read Flashpoint #1 and was suprised to learn that Batman in this timeline is Thomas Wayne who is Bruce's father just looking from this point of view and how different this timeline is I actully like it, I think that this timeline after Flashpoint is over should stay as a series. I'd like to know more about Thomas Wayne as Batman. Anyone else think the same?

#2 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is interesting that Thomas Wayne is Batman in Flashpoint, but I wouldn't want to keep it that way. I think the death of him and his wife is what makes Bruce awesome.
#3 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah true but I mean as an alternete series like Batman Beyond has one.

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the idea. It was a great twist. What would the world be like if Bruce and his mother were killed and Thomas Wayne survived? He's still the hero most other heroes look to, shows where Bruce gets his balls.

#5 Posted by WolverineBeatsAll (20 posts) - - Show Bio

batman is gay

#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@WolverineBeatsAll said:
batman is gay
Thank you so much for adding to our discussion. Your point is valid and not troll-ish at all.
#7 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, unlike "Everybody Gets A Hammer", this event did manage to deliver something on it's first issue.

#8 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: Owlman's earth 3
#9 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grubich said:
@PrinceIMC: Owlman's earth 3
Hmmmm?
#10 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
I love the idea. It was a great twist. What would the world be like if Bruce and his mother were killed and Thomas Wayne survived? He's still the hero most other heroes look to, shows where Bruce gets his balls.
#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grubich said:
@PrinceIMC said:
Okay but what does Owlman have to do with this? Is he Thomas Wayne?
#12 Edited by gregroyj42 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

found this among my comics reread it. This is my third most favorite Batman story behind No man's Land and knightfall. Just the whole concept is fascinating, self loathing, anger rage and yet in the end love and sacrafice, and the letter is the cherry on top so to speak.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.