Redefining F = ma one issue at a time…
The Top 5 Reasons you should pick up this awesome new series:
- It will make you smarter… or at least you will start to get a small grasp on what is going on in the story that makes you feel stupid.
- The creative team on this is fantastic. If you are not following them yet, you should be: @topcowmatt and @RahsanEkedal
- The story is unique, officially classified as non-superhero, but as you will see, there are some pretty super things about the main character.
- As the first story arc completes (the first four issues in the series) we almost immediately have a collection. That is fast... and perfect for new readers!
- It's Science. Plain and simple. Yes, there may be some exaggeration here and there, but nothing fantasy about this, really. It is a solid piece that can appeal to genius and layman alike.
It has been a while since I felt stupid reading a comic book. I realize that statement alone sounds stupid, but this book covers topics, and handles the content in such a way to make you feel intellectually inferior. Don’t get me wrong, this is not a bad thing. Growth never happens without a challenge.
I am not going to give away anything in the story, it speaks for itself. What I am going to do is praise a couple things already touched upon above…
The simple fact that Matt takes the time to add a section called “Science Class” illustrates his dedication to the book. So many books just show us some fantastic thing, without grounding them in reality. Matt provides both, with a twist. Each of the fantastic things portrayed in the story has a little explanation (well as much as he can fit within the pages of the book), to include whether or not it exists in “real life”. He then gives you links to YouTube videos proving that fact… Very nice.