Follow

Thing

Character » Thing appears in 8020 issues.

Ben Grimm, better known as the Thing, is the original quintessential tough-guy of the Marvel Universe. But, because of his transformation, he's also the tragic member of the Fantastic Four. Ben was an ace test-pilot until exposure to intense cosmic radiation mutated him into a rock-skinned monster with immense superhuman strength. Ben's exterior is much harder than stone which gives him a rather gruff disposition; but deep down, he has a heart of gold.

Thing Ring Do Your Thing

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dementedtheclown

Okay anyone remember the thing transforming into the thing by putting on a belt?
    I remember it from an old fantastic four cartoon long ago, but cant find the video clip anywhere. He'd Say Its Clobberin Time, Put On The Belt n Transform Kinda Like This,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Jv8zbUsf4 .

No1 Ever Seems To Know What Im Talking About.

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dementedtheclown

Also I Thought The Thing Was Hinting To This In The Movie When He Said "Maybe it's missing a utility belt" . Kinda Like How Cyclopes Mentions Wolverines Yellow Jumpsuit. 

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

sorry i cant watch the video its no longer working but it sounds like a cartoon probably did have this happen.  there have been a lot of f4 cartoons. 
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

I remember this cartoon from 1980 (I'm mpretty sure) on NBC.   

In this cartoon series Ben is a teenager whom goes by the name "Benjy" and whenever he needs to become the Thing he does something  (I can't remember what) with his ring while saying "Thing-Ring do your thing!", at which point he turns into the Thing.  None of the other members of the F. F. are seen or referred to in this series.  It was a VERY corny/cheesy show, but I was and am such a big Thing fan that I loved it anyway.
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By nightwing91

This was from the fred and barney meet the thing cartoon, he was a teenager and would shout thing ring do your thing and become the thing. And no the flinstones and him never met  :(.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc
    @nightwing91 said:
    "This was from the fred and barney meet the thing cartoon, he was a teenager and would shout thing ring do your thing and become the thing. And no the flinstones and him never met  :(. "

Hah!  Yes!  I'd forgot about that.
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By nightwing91
    @PowerHerc: I remember being so disapointed they never crossed over, then I remembe rpicking up a comic and was like WTF wheres the rings!
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

That was actually my first introduction to the Thing. I started watching the other cartoon and the comics and I'm going "Wtf? Where's the Thing ring?"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.