The Thing is #5 in power rank!?

#1 Posted by Goji64 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to be rude I do respect the Thing but he is not that strong. Hulk, Godzilla, and Superman could all defeat him

Not trying to trash the Thing, just saying #5 really?

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92996 posts) - - Show Bio

They're not reliable. They're buggy and fan-voted. Pay no attention.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

Like mercy said dont bother with them i mean at one point howard the duck out ranked superman.

#4 Posted by thestarguy (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend to view the Power rankings as more of a respect / popularity ranking, personally.

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing is awesome and doesn't get nearly enough respect. So it is nice to see him get some love somewhere.

#6 Edited by thestarguy (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

The Thing is awesome and doesn't get nearly enough respect. So it is nice to see him get some love somewhere.

Couldn't agree more! Ben Grimm is my quintessential hero. When it comes down to guys that you plain just have to admire, and really want to be like, he is nearly at the top of the list! I can't think of anyone who I would want to have my back in a fight except maybe Hercules! Marvel comics is literally built on the backs of selfless courageous heroes like Ben.

#7 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@thestarguy: True, I like to think the only reason Ben looks weak is because he always holds back in fights, in fact he usually pulls his punches even when he's fighting an enemy that might be at LEAST twice as strong as him!

#8 Posted by capshield (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Just some great battles starring my favorite Super Hero the Thing. FF 165, FF 40, FF 355, FF298, FF 148, FF 139, FF Heroes Reborn # 11, AVX Versus # 1. I could go on and on, but those are some good samples. There are also some great ones from the Ultimate FF series, though thats from an alternate universe.

#9 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

He used to #1 . . . but, alas, those days are forever gone since CV shutdown that feature.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.