Should Ben Grimm get an upgrade?

Posted by ShenLong (280 posts) - - Show Bio

SHould the Thing gain additional cosmic powers like energy blasts, maybe even flight? Not for an event like Fear Itself, but maybe an evolution of his powers, just how he has gotten stronger? I think that would be cool.... Your thoughts?

#1 Edited by _slim_ (13653 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. 
He's good the way he is.

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (13214 posts) - - Show Bio
@_slim_ said:
Nope.  He's good the way he is.
Hells yeah, people always downplay/ underestimate Thing, The guy fought with WWHulk and made him bleed.....a feat which no one else really did...even other class 100s
#3 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ben the way he is... If they're going to give him additional powers I'd only like it if it was a one-shot thing... 

#4 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything they add would just not seem true to his character, he is far more likable with the powerset he has. The only power that would make sense is if he could manipulate his own body like diamondhead from ben10 but i wouldn't want him to be like that

#5 Posted by Ms. Omega (4525 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda liked what they did to him in the Ultimate universe the rocky skin was just a shell and ben was still mutating underneath it in to an energy form 

#6 Posted by Chaos Burn (1788 posts) - - Show Bio

sh!t when did Grimm go energy in ultimate?

#7 Posted by Ms. Omega (4525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Burn
Honestly cant remember but he can switch between that and his human form at will and i think he was stronger and more durable.
#8 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Burn: Read Ultimate Comics: Doomsday, the volume, to get the whole story.
#9 Posted by War Killer (20376 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms. Omega said:

I kinda liked what they did to him in the Ultimate universe the rocky skin was just a shell and ben was still mutating underneath it in to an energy form 

They could do something like this but instead of be all cosmic powered he could just turn from solid rock to solid diamond. Like the rocky form we've seen all these years was simply a shell and underneath he's completely diamond but can't change back like Emma Frost can. Maybe this could happen from Johnny's death which impacting him so much that it forced the transformation?
#10 Edited by thestarguy (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like Ben to be able to continuously renew his power & draw strength from the Earth as long as he remains in contact with the ground, like the Giant Antaeus that Hercules fought in Ancient Greece. He is a rock-being, and Earth-based powers might apply nicely. I think that a lot of his recent losses are more due to him tiring out faster than his opponents. Drawing mass from the Earth to increase his density and size might also be interesting, if not overdone. But he is a physical character and should always have physical abilities. And he definitely needs to be top-tier again. No more jobbing!!! Only Thor, Hercules or the Green Hulk should surpass him.

#11 Edited by angrir (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@thestarguy:

well unfortunately that's never gonna happen.

unfortunately

#12 Edited by ilikedonuts (2361 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't need no upgrade. He's awesome already.

Mebbe he aint no blasted Hulk, but he can still put some good-a** clobberin' on the best of 'em.

Gotta love 'im

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.