Ben in Ultimate Mystery (Spoiler)

#1 Posted by Shrekpop (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Really like what they did to Ben's skin in Ultimate Mystery hope they do something similar in the 616 universe think he deserves something new

#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

pic?

#3 Posted by Shrekpop (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Ops forgot them
#4 Posted by Captain13 (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I like it too. I think they're going to try to hook him up with Sue now.

#5 Edited by ComicMan24 (147090 posts) - - Show Bio

So what powers does he have now?

#6 Posted by danhimself (22541 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:  he says that he still has the same powers as he did before

@Shrekpop:  Valeria and the Future Foundation actually said that they have a way for Ben to turn his powers on and off...they said that he's always had the ability but Reed was always focused on only turning them off completely....the thing is that they told him this a few issues ago but haven't brought it up since
#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147090 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: Thanks.
#8 Posted by Goodchild (3 posts) - - Show Bio

in a way we could be looking at the ultimate wonderman. Think about it, in ultimate human they used both pete wisdom and the leader as the same guy, and Jimmy Hudson is like his father and colossus.
#9 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah cool

#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks kinda cool but I think its been too long to just change mainstream Thing. A while back in 616 when they moved into the new Baxter Building could turn his powers on and off. Then they did a whole story where his skin was creating evil clones of himself and the only fix was that he not go back and forth between human and rocky forms. I hate that every few years they seem to do stuff like this completely ignoring the old stuff.

#11 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
 Ultimate Wonder Man?
 Maybe?
#12 Posted by Duncan (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

The cocoon thing is interesting.

#13 Posted by War Killer (20197 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ben should become Ultimate Wonder Man, with his new abilities it doesn't make sense for him to go back to "The Thing" as his character has obviously gone beyond that now not to mention it would be an interesting change compared to what we're use to in the mainstream universe.

Plus I wouldn't mind seeing Ben join the Ultimates, along with Sue, seeing as there isn't a Fantastic Four in this universe anymore and it would be interesting seeing them both on the team.

#14 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does he need to be Rocky all the time? Ultimate Ben Grimm is WAY cooler the 616 Ben Grimm

#15 Posted by PowerHerc (83464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:

Ultimate Wonder Man?
Maybe?

Exactly what I was thinking. ^

Why make the Thing so similar to Wonder Man? Does Marvel really think they need, and the readers want, another Wonder Man?

The Thing is one of the coolest and most unique super-heroes ever. He pioneered the heroic-monster character first and still does it best. He's Marvel's original tough-guy with speech patterns and a sense of humor that totally fit him and to which no other character can compare. I hope this is temporary.

The Thing without rocky-orange skin just isn't the Thing.

#16 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Well they did make Ultimate Reed into a better Ultimate Doom than the actual Ultimate Dr. Doom.

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (83464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Emperor Gonzo Noir: More unnecessary tampering with a character just for the sake of making that character different and edgier than the 616 version, which is fine to a point but sometimes makes no sense (Ben) and other times hurts the character fundamentally (Reed).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.