Off My Mind: Where Do Superheroes Go On Vacation?

• 56 results
Posted by G-Man (18895 posts) - - Show Bio

I brought up the question before whether or not superheroes get holidays off. Some feel they deserve it. My question today is, where could superheroes go on vacation? 

Superheroes have access to places normal people don't. With all the crazy places they've been to, what location would qualify as a great vacation spot? The Savage Land could be a cool place but even with superpowers, who wants to have to worry about fighting off dinosaurs or savage natives? The Blue Area of the moon could be interesting, but I'm not sure what sort of accommodations or room service they'd have up there. What about Paradise Island? With a name like that, you'd think it'd be perfect, right? The only two problems with Paradise Island is you have to be female to go there and there's the fact that it's getting destroyed in Wonder Woman #600.
 == TEASER == 
Maybe going to a normal vacation spot would be better. It might not be as exciting as some of the different planets or dimensions they've traveled to but there might be less hassles. Just because they have superpowers doesn't mean they have to vacation at exotic places. 

If they did choose a normal location, they would have to make sure they weren't recognized. While most heroes do wear masks and have secret identities, their perfectly chiseled bodies might stand out. The last thing they'd want to do on vacation is be bothered by fans.

The real question is can they let go of their work in order to relax, unwind and recharge. Letting go of work can be a hard thing to do. Everyone needs a vacation once in a while. Where would be the best place for superheroes?
#1 Posted by Joey Ravn (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, Herogasm?

#2 Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR (778 posts) - - Show Bio

for Marvel superheroes - Savage Land  

for DC superheroes - Mogo
#3 Posted by Spider Django Heraclitus J (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully not a herogasm situation
#4 Posted by Roninidas (358 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a Vacation for them is a day where they can go out in their non-Superhero Persona and just have one normal day.

#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147037 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roninidas said:
"I think a Vacation for them is a day where they can go out in their non-Superhero Persona and just have one normal day. "

I agree with that.
#6 Posted by dondasch (921 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear that New Latveria has been upgrading their guest accomodations (evil laugh)

#7 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

They most likely go to regular vacation spots and off planet places. And or utopian alternate demisions.
#8 Posted by Roninidas (358 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to go on record now... here and now... and state that the picture of Doctor Strange above, is wrong on so many levels.  That picture is actually the reason why they stripped him of the title Sorcerer Supreme. 

#9 Posted by Icemizer (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Kooey Kooey Kooey is nice and there is this little corner of Paradise Island that you can get to if you know the right people.

For the Marvel heroes I hear Arcade is opening a tropical Paradise for any hero that want to visit.

#10 Posted by SupremoMaximo (202 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter where they go on vacation.. Something is going to happen and they'll have to save the day.  It happened in GiJoe too.  Some new D Bag bad guy just so happens to show up while our guys are on vacay.

#11 Edited by Jake Fury (19208 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO.....Who's floating in the middle with her top open? is that Sersi?
#12 Posted by G-Man (18895 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: Pretty sure, yeah.
#13 Posted by Joey Ravn (382 posts) - - Show Bio
@Spider Django Heraclitus J said:
" Hopefully not a herogasm situation "
In that first picture you know it's gonna happen, it's just a matter of time... :P
#14 Posted by Jake Fury (19208 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:
Thought so. Guess the Eternals aren't big on modesty... 

Mockingbird looks like she's been working out too.....
#15 Posted by dondasch (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roninidas:  Agreed LOL
#16 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman goes to paradise Island with WW lol! Amazons a galore...

#17 Posted by BKole (506 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha. Totally beat me with the herogasm comment. Shame.

#18 Posted by Krakoa (505 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed Richards could probably rig something up not unlike Star Trek's holodeck, for a virtual getaway.

#19 Edited by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:

" LMAO.....Who's floating in the middle with her top open? is that Sersi? "

Yep! What i dont understand is why is Cap, US Agent, Hawkeye and Mockingbird have there masks on. Like everyone doesnt know who they are. 
#20 Edited by ComicMan24 (147037 posts) - - Show Bio
@karrob:
It's for us to distinguish them. For example without the mask Mockingbird is just another blond woman. And there are a lot of them in Marvel.
#21 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-men use to just play baseball in their backyard or throw an awesome pool party! ahh remember that, remember when X-men were fun

#22 Posted by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio
@dondasch said:
"I hear that New Latveria has been upgrading their guest accomodations (evil laugh) "

:0)  

#23 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

They go into my imagination.

#24 Posted by G-Man (18895 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" Batman goes to paradise Island with WW lol! Amazons a galore... "
Paradise Island has seen better days.

#25 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America's the weakest on that team!

#26 Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR (778 posts) - - Show Bio

why is Tony wearing his armor and wearing bermuda shorts  ?
#27 Posted by MrDirector786 (43645 posts) - - Show Bio

Apokolips is definitely the best place to go for vacation.

#28 Posted by symphonix (14 posts) - - Show Bio

That X-Men shot sure brings back some memories.  What I want to know is why is Rogue wearing gloves with her bathing suit, seems kind of pointless to me.

#29 Posted by A-Strondinaire (345 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joe Venom:
I miss those times...when life wasn't revolving around a little girl who no one really knows but decide to put all their chips on her anyway.
#30 Posted by dondasch (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joe Venom:   Is that Jubilee flex posing with Colossus ? LOL
#31 Posted by Gennadius (244 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't go on vacation if my life would be an adventure everyday.
#32 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gennadius:  You say that NOW but if you were expected to work every day for the rest of your life saving people, a lot of whom are ingrates, and NOT get paid for it, you'd want a few days off to yourself too! lol :)
#33 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

"Peter Parker" went to Portland, Oregon with Mary Jane and had "Ben Reilly" take his place. And Superman pretty much went to New Krypton for vacation but it didn't work out too well.

#34 Posted by Crackdown (610 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comiclove5 said:
"  Utopian alternate dimensions. "
There you go
#35 Posted by Bruce Vain (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I think Garth Ennis's Herogasm answered your question.
#36 Posted by ImJustLikeParker (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is wearing an American flag speedo. And Dr. Strange has some kind of creature playing with his.... Just sayin'.
#37 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

they could go to olympus or a sgard...you know before it got destroyed
#38 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Krakoa said:
" Reed Richards could probably rig something up not unlike Star Trek's holodeck, for a virtual getaway. "
That would the ideal Vacation Spot!
#39 Edited by Graphicly (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear Bruce Wayne went through a lot recently to take his vacay through the time stream. 

Also didn't Selina Kyle take a "working vacation" (whatever that means) to Rome a few years back?

#40 Posted by goldenkey (2920 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow there are some old illustrations here from the 90's. The tug of war one was Marvel illustrated or something like that. 
#41 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
@KNIGHT SAVIOR said:
" for Marvel superheroes - Savage Land   for DC superheroes - Mogo "
Good thought. I would have figured somewhere else.
#42 Posted by Thunderscream (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, Dr. Strange, aside from that "mystical" sling-shot you're wearing, does it not bother you that a fireball is feeling up your thigh? 

On that note, why the heck did male heroes dawn the g-string in the 90's as a frock of leisure? 

#43 Posted by scorpius72 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

where is this avengers on vacation pic from? i love it.  

i dont think they go anywhere together i think like anyone else they go to where they love the most. Logan is always cruising the canadian rockies or japan.    
#44 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

anywhere there's no crime or villians to fight seems like the right plan for relaxation. 

Guess that pretty much leaves space as the only place for peace and quiet.

#45 Posted by NightFang (10261 posts) - - Show Bio

All work and no fun can make people crazy and that's the last thing we need a superhero to do!

#46 Posted by AmazingSpiderMike (139 posts) - - Show Bio

In Wild C.A.Ts #9, didn't Spartan and Voodoo go on vacation on a cruise ship where "Cyclops and Jean Grey" on the same ship while on their honeymoon?

#47 Posted by Xenozoic Shaman (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Vacation time is just another opportunity for the bad guys to kidnap you and replace you with an infiltration unit while you're out of the picture.

#48 Posted by PhoenixEssence (19 posts) - - Show Bio

That depends you know ? the X-men can go everywhere as long as they stick to their big big X-family and then have hot sex with eachother on their vacation ....( Tell me about Prof X in a speedo ,....he sure has a fit body huh ?) 

Reed Richards ?  a day off is when I hope he will think about something more ......... simple , no great formulas .....no " ground - breaking " discover ......that would be lovely If he buys Sue roses without exploring the structure of stems .... 

Mr Wayne really needs to consider the a day off with all his wards : playing , talking , settling down all the misunderstandings ....cuddling ....LOL 

and you have a very sexy Stephen Strange there ....wow ! If every Sorcerer Supreme are that sexy huh ?  

#49 Posted by Hellos (8832 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats that rope made of?
#50 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

lol there needs to be more marvel vacation issues...or atleast swimsuit issues

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.