Professor Xavier really read Magneto's mind?

#1 Posted by Zapa (104 posts) - - Show Bio

During  X-Men 1st series #18, Xavier said he is going to read Magneto's memories to discover how did he escape from the Stranger. But how did Xavier do that, if Magneto is always using his helmet on?
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that the telepathic-proof helmet was a later addition.  I might be wrong, but I certainly get the impression it was something that started around the time of the movie/Grant Morrison's run.

#3 Posted by Edamame (27903 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zapa: Magneto is telepathically resistant, not telepathically immune. 
#4 Posted by Zapa (104 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: I think that with his helmet, Magneto was telepathically imune to Xavier's powers
#5 Posted by Edamame (27903 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zapa said:
" @Edamame: I think that with his helmet, Magneto was telepathically imune to Xavier's powers "
Ja.
#6 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zapa said:
" @Edamame: I think that with his helmet, Magneto was telepathically imune to Xavier's powers "
This wasn't canon until after X-Men #18. It was alluded to during Morrison's run (over a hundred issues later), and only recently has Fraction actually cemented the fact that Magneto's helmet is telepathy-proof.
#7 Posted by Edamame (27903 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Zapa said:
This wasn't canon until after X-Men #18. It was alluded to during Morrison's run (over a hundred issues later), and only recently has Fraction actually cemented the fact that Magneto's helmet is telepathy-proof. "
Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.