mr_colossus's The Wolverine review

A Step In the Right Direction

The Wolverine is a decent movie and much better than it predecessor. I think overall it was a good movie, but did have a few plot issues and possibly not enough action. Jackman and Wolverine is still spectacular and it does have him in a little bit truer form to the comic portrayal. I think it one of the top two X-Men franchise movies. The cast was well done and cinematography was great. I do think that the antagonists used in this movie were not played out as well as they could have. I give it a 4 out of 5 over all, but the last 10 - 15 minutes of the movie almost caused it to drop down to a 3. Just some of the ending scenes let something to be hoped for. There is an after credit scene that should be seen and will tease you to what is to come next year with X-Men: Days of Future Past. All in all it was a good movie to watch and good cinematic time. I would recommend to go see it when you get a chance.

Edited by johnkmccubbin91

Great review, agreed on rating, and thoughts.

Posted by Mr_Colossus

@johnkmccubbin91: Thanks. I think I was kind of brought up in the same way that you were. It's always tough to review movies when they are based off comics, IMO. We all have mental pictures of character and have expectations for the films and so many times we can get let down. I'm glad that this one was better than the last. It re-establishes a little bit of faith in the X-Franchise movies. Hopefully they will continue to be better and better.

Edited by johnkmccubbin91

@mr_colossus: Couldn't agree more though there were things I question (like how Wolverine's claws will get the Adamantium back?). I also thought I'd mention that I've also reviewed this if you'd care to have a read of my review?

Posted by Kairan1979

@johnkmccubbin91: considering the fact that Logan met Magneto in post-credit scene, I don't see the problem.

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

@kairan1979: Yeah that was one of my thoughts, and I hope they actually show it in Days of Future Past.

Edited by Mr_Colossus

@johnkmccubbin91: @kairan1979: I know there are many possibilities for this to be rectified and fix him. I do hope that he would show it in the next movie instead of magically appearing and not worrying about how and why.

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

@mr_colossus: That's exactly what I'm hoping for, and am worrying that they'll actually do the later, as it needs to be shown, as although fans can guess it's better to have closure.

Posted by Mr_Colossus

@johnkmccubbin91: I guess it's one of those things to hope for. They might do that or have a little one liner that's suppose to convey what all happened to regain it.

Posted by johnkmccubbin91

@mr_colossus: I'd accept that, but I'd rather they showed it happen.

Edited by Mr_Colossus

@johnkmccubbin91: me too, I think that in most cases it's better the visually explain something that may have happened in between a set of movies rather than it just being implied. It tends to work out a little bit better IMO.