Follow

The Wolverine

Movie » The Wolverine released on July 26, 2013.

The Wolverine(2013) stars Hugh Jackman as the Wolverine in his second solo film.

The Wolverine

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

As far as 2013 superhero movies are concerned, this isn't as good as Man of Steel, but is on par with Iron Man 3. I do believe though that this is the best movie in the X-Men franchise and one of the better Marvel movies to date for that matter. This movie sets the stage for bigger and better things for Wolverine. It certainly opened the door for more solo movies. There is much more to Wolverine and this movie only just "scratched" the surface.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#203  Edited By jhazzroucher

3 is so low. The Wolverine is better than Iron man 3 and Man of Steel story-wise.

That guy who wore the Silver Samurai armor acted well. Yukio was very interesting and I like the Mariko-Wolverine romance though it wasn't explored much.

I give it 4.25/5 or 8.5 over 10, better than iron Man 3 who had opponents which I don't really think were tough enough against Iron Man and they just had War Machine fly away to keep the president safe and not making him go back to the battle scene so he can assist Iron Man. Better than Man of Steel too.

rayraymond82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Just saw THE WOLVERINE. Good, solid movie, captured the feel of the character and look of his comics at times way better & much more well done than Origins but (SPOILER ALERT) 1. While watching it I couldn't help but think damm I wish this movie was rated R like it should be, I mean the man is stabbing slicing n dicing n no blood ?! 2. Silver Samurai a Cyborg/mech suit eh ok 3. No Sabertooth ? No hint of Omega Red ? 4. WTF!? Wolverine does not run away from a platoon of Ninjas!!! wtf! Other than that I liked it. Better than Iron man 3 but slightly below Man of Steel imo. still feel it needs more badassness & grit.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just saw it in theater and thought it was a solid Wolverine film. I think this and Wolverine Origins are good bookends for Logan's epic story arch(with the X-Men Trilogy as the creamy center).

As predictable as the story was i still enjoyed it a lot. It's worth it just to see Hugh Jackman wield a katana, that part where he CUTS OPEN HIS CHEST to remove that tiny robot was pretty bad-ass too.

That teaser scene has me psyched for "Days of Future Past"! I hope the explain Xavier's resurrection in a not too over the top way.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@xrs10 said:

It is seriously better than this review, saw it today and it beats IM3 and MOS

Yeah I agree Wolverine beats IM3 and MoS, but imo MoS had better action scenes. Wolverine had better story than both films, but IM3 was funnier. So yeah I agree with ya.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By ccraft

@hobanho said:

Is this movie worth going to see in theaters??? Like the average comic book nerd has something better to do with two hours of their time??? They can argue over who wins a fight between Mr. Majestic and the Silver Surfer for 26 hours but can't waste two hours to go see The Wolverine?? And I'm sure they will only have to pay for one ticket, since most of us nerds don't have girlfriends. But we can trash the movie for months before it comes out, and for months after it comes it, but still debate whether actually watching it?? This is why people hate comic book nerds.. This is why I hate us. Don't like Wolverine? Well then don't see it. I love Wolverine, and even though I'm nervous about it, I think I can fit it into my busy schedule and my monthly budget.

The movie is worth it, Hugh was at his best imo, deadly serious, romance scenes were good too.

I hate when CV does that too.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#208  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ccraft: You really just agreed with a post claiming "most comic book nerds don't have girlfriends?" Tsk tsk. :P

And that person completely missed the point. It's not a matter of time -- it's a matter of money (which they even mention in their final remark). Going to the movies isn't exactly a cheap experience, especially if one opts to see it in 3D. So, many people will try to limit the amount of films they see per month.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I agree some of the flaws you have with the movie, like the blurry fight scenes, I didn't really have a problem with Silver Samurai because I don't know much about the character. I actually couldn't predict this movie as much as other people did, so I was surprised on most of the twists, maybe because I didn't read the Wolverine comic? Anyways I enjoyed the movie, still had great fight scenes and I loved the story.

I have a question though, and it's kind of a spoiler What happens now that Wolverine's claws are bone now? If it's revealed in the comic don't spoil it, I'm going to get it soon :)

I guess you heard it by now, but Wolverine is getting a unrated cut were they will add more blood scenes to the movie so I'm excited for that.

4.5/5 for me.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: lol I was agreeing with what he said about this

But we can trash the movie for months before it comes out, and for months after it comes it, but still debate whether actually watching it?? This is why people hate comic book nerds.. This is why I hate us.

Why do people do this!!! :P

hobanho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: no I didn't miss the point. I'm sick of people saying that going to the movies is so expensive. If I really want to see a movie, I'll buy the ticket(and one for my girlfriend of course) and sacrifice my large popcorn, large soda and goobers to save an extra 30 bucks. Her and I went to see it in 2d, for $18 dollars total. I get it, it just boggles my mind that people will go onto comic book sites and read articles solely debating whether you should spend 9 dollars to see a movie people have been picking apart for months already. It's amazing how jaded and fickle comic fans are. If you would have told me 20 years ago that comic book movies would rule the theatre and that the Avengers, Wolverine, and Spiderman would be established franchises, let alone The Dark Knight Trilogy reaching the levels that it did I would have said you were nuts. Now we get huge budget, and very well made imo comic movies and we bitch every chance we get. It's sad.

Avatar image for crowingaboutcomics
    Crowingaboutcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I guess I'm in the minority, because I'm not too sure I feel like it deserved 3 out of 5 stars...I'd go as high as 2.5 (maybe). I understand the "want" or the "need" for Fox to "make it their own," but honestly, they F it up too much. Yukrio (sp?) got sidelined into a whole different character, Viper: if you're going to have her in it, then bring out Hydra, and she has never (in my memory) been a mutant, maybe a whole different character, named the same? Maybe. The whole Jean/love story, seemed contrite to me, forced to create a narrative - that was somewhat meaningless, because it's not like they had a whole torred love affair throughout the movies. From the very beginning it was corny. From, Logan the Caveman with the friendly Grizzly, to the Silver Samuri, daddy issues Mariko was having. And yeah, I'm sure happy I didn't pay for it in 3D. What a waste!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#213  Edited By owie  Moderator

I have to say that while I agree with most of Gregg's criticisms, and I have some of my own (the Viper was super-lame, the Cave Man Logan was cheesy, Jean was annoying, the grandpa's moral turnaround wasn't justified, and the silver robot was really bad), I did really enjoy it. I thought the movie was pretty fun and did a nice job with Wolverine and the Japanese setting. I had no problem with it being very different from the book. I thought Yukio and Mariko were great, they really made it for me. And Shingen was solid too.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

it doesnt make sense

Harada wanted wolverine's healing factor.... so why take his adamantium

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hobanho said:

@k4tzm4n: no I didn't miss the point. I'm sick of people saying that going to the movies is so expensive. If I really want to see a movie, I'll buy the ticket(and one for my girlfriend of course) and sacrifice my large popcorn, large soda and goobers to save an extra 30 bucks. Her and I went to see it in 2d, for $18 dollars total. I get it, it just boggles my mind that people will go onto comic book sites and read articles solely debating whether you should spend 9 dollars to see a movie people have been picking apart for months already. It's amazing how jaded and fickle comic fans are. If you would have told me 20 years ago that comic book movies would rule the theatre and that the Avengers, Wolverine, and Spiderman would be established franchises, let alone The Dark Knight Trilogy reaching the levels that it did I would have said you were nuts. Now we get huge budget, and very well made imo comic movies and we bitch every chance we get. It's sad.

this guy gets it, yeah I agree with ya.

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I think it was really good. A hell of a lot better than Origins.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.