Follow

The Wolverine

Movie » The Wolverine released on July 26, 2013.

The Wolverine(2013) stars Hugh Jackman as the Wolverine in his second solo film.

The Wolverine

Brightseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@allstarsuperman: I recommend waiting for the DVD. I watched the premier show. No good

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good, I liked it. Not great, but good and enjoyable. Found it somewhat better that IM3, though I did enjoy that also, though neither are on par with MOS, imo, that movie was intense on a lot of levels, which might have put off a lot of people. Good review, btw.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It was an overall decent affair, never boring, had some funny moments but never really made me go 'whoa'. Added I have to say I was, in the back of my head, imagining something very different from the two ladies of the movie.

Plus it was a good excuse to get out of the midday heat.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By JuliusTakalua

last act was horrible although the epilogue act was good. Packed with emotion and good depth. It was a great WOlverine movie. And the after credit scene will blow your minds! really exciting!

**** (8/10, very good). it was a satisfying movie. although I said the last act was bad Wolverine really made up for the bad. He was badass enough to crack a few laughs and cheer him on. Needed more from the story though. And also more blood. It's PG13 but it needed more blood. The Wolverine could still be PG13 with Logan still slashing people and torsos are cut and blood is on his claws.

*editted the score:

*****=10 to 9 (Perfect, Brilliant)

****1/2=10 to 8.5 (Perfect, amazing, near perfect, Great)

****=9 to 7.5 (Near Perfect, Great, Very Good, incredible)

***1/2=8 to 7 (Very good, Great, good, Okay)

***=7.5 to 6 (Good, okay..., so so..)

**1/2=6 to 5.5 (mediocore and worse than so so...)

anything two and below is a 4/10 and below..... Just to make sure how I feel about my star ratings. And this is how star ratings should be like. And based on the review, people should know how the reviewer might have said it in terms of #/10 or just an adj... Just because it's a 4/5 star doesn't mean it's a straight 80%. Sometimes **** movies I consider are a good 9/10.... Stars can be a way to say how good a film is and the review explains/examplifies or limits what kind of a **** movie it is.... Many people think just because the reviewer gave it a 3 means it's an immediate 60% and to some that's mediocore to bad but based on the review it's a clear 70%....

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well, I take back what I said earlier in this thread. After seeing it myself I also rate it 3/5. I just wish someone who truly cared about the character would get their hands on a movie for Logan.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

Solid summer flick, that's all I expected honestly.

2099Rebirth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

saw the movie, it was good, 4 out of 5 or 3.5 out 5, sure its not the best, but still entertaining

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheat said:
    @thegreyoutcastx said:

@k4tzm4n: I respect your review K4tz, and I do agree this movie is freaking leagues above Origins. However, I'd give it a 4/5 or a 7.5/10. It easily was far better than I expected and I hate Wolverine. But that's just my opinion xD

Sidenote: Did you catch the part that Jean says to Logan that she is all alone. My friend and I hear that and thought "Wait, isn't Cyclops dead and with you?" So does that mean that Cyke is alive and out there somewhere?

@goddamnironman said:

PG-13 Wolverine is bullshit!

I take it you didn't hear that Mangold has gone on record to saying there will be a Unrated Cut for the blu-ray release with extra footage, and it is supposed to be bloodier?

Um, you do know that Jean was part of Wolverine's imagination, right?

That's debatable. She could have been haunting him from beyond the grave or have been the pure manifestation of all his repressed guilt. But either way, Logan would have known that Jean was involved in the death/disappearance of Scott so why did she say that? She wouldn't have been alone if that was the case. It makes no sense that she would have forgotten all about Scott. So naturally we are left with the assumption that either he's alive or that in this Universe, Jean never really cared about Scott.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i liked it and i'm not a wolverine suck up.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_soldierxii: He doesn't. He is no where near built enough to play it. He has an ectomorphic body shape if anything. And that is no where near the shape to fit. Liev Shcrieber has more of a Wolverine appearance in shoulder width and stature (although he is probably too tall). Hiring famous actors to play superheroes is never as good as finding a relatively unknown (i.e. Chris Hemsworth for Thor) actor with a greater likeness.

Mr_Colossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@super_soldierxii: I agree Jackman makes an excellent Wolverine. Yea, he's a little taller than the comic version, but it's not really something you notice too much while watching a movie.

Angelo2113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Angelo2113

The Wolverine was absolutely great. It really broke apart and focused on all of the aspects of the character that I love. I do believe it should have been given a better rating but that's just me. I usually enjoy every comic book movie, there's only a few I really don't like.

Avatar image for thebrownpowerranger
    TheBrownPowerRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i honestly thought it was a good movie, but i am not very hard to please.

Only thing i would have changed was the use of carbonadium in the movie.

KomicKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captaingenisvell: What I was wondering is: When he didn't have his healing factor, he'd still pop his claws a lot. Wouldn't he have blood coming out between his knuckles? And maybe feeling a bit of pain as those big, metal knives would slice through skin and muscle?

danielhungria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: im mean the guy be comes mortal and doesn't bleed when the claws comes out come on man it's 2013

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone has their opinions and most people are frustrated critics. If you wanna see the movie go watch it and decide for yourself don't trust too much on what critics would say. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
    deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the movie but I have some gripes that keep me from loving it, like they gave one characters powers that they don't have in the comics, and without giving anything away the took something from one character that I feel takes away a little bit of there identity. That aside I enjoyed the movie and squeeid like a little fan girl at the end credits scene.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I was very skeptical going into this movie, but I had an open mind. I was absolutely loving this film. It was a terrific Japanese gangster film that didn't set it's aspirations outside of its own reach. The action was great, and I was ready to determine it the best comic book superhero film of the summer.

Unfortunately then the final fight happened. And everything this movie had been doing so well was thrown out the window...like so many characters in that final fight. Viper, who had been the film's weakest point from the beginning (the actress was fine, it was the role that was bad) became a complete joke. Silver Samurai was not only terrible looking, but led to a plot twist that I saw coming from the first five minutes of film.

Still that 15 minutes of crap doesn't ruin the over an hour of fun I had. I agree with the 3 stars completely. I'd say overall it's a little worse than Iron Man 3. Looks like for the second year in a row DC has my favorite superhero film of the summer. Although Man of Steel really didn't earn the win, it just didn't mess up as badly as the Marvel movies did this year.

...there's always Thor: The Dark World to look forward to I suppose.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The Wolverineisn't a very bad movie -- it's just not a very good one, either."

This is how I feel about every single one of the X-Men films to be honest.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#174  Edited By Darling_Luna

Didn't expect much, question is will it be a good three or a bad three for me ?

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The film is almost as useless as the first. The story they've used as inspiration is completely mutilated for and twisted, much to the film's detriment. The action is moderately entertaining, but repetitive. My diagnosis, the director has no respect for source material, and has wasted their time.

benblanks86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By benblanks86

Well, all the reviews I read pretty much led me to the conclusion that I'm more interested in the mid-credits bonus scene than I am the actual movie, so I went ahead and found it and saved myself ten hard earned bucks, so if you're like me and you're waiting to rent it but can't wait another minute without seeing the scene, here ya go:

SPOILER:

THE WOLVERINE - BONUS MID CREDIT SCENE

also somebody said they saw a bishop-lookin dude? not seein him.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked this movie. I personally am not a big Wolverine fan, but I love Viper and Silver Samurai! And I thought that they had a great, and gorgeous, actress for Viper; along with their rendition of Silver Samurai, which was fun. I just wonder why this got 3 out of 5, while Man of Steel got 5 out of 5. It kind of settles the debate that this website leans towards DC in order to keep their exclusive interviews.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#178  Edited By Squalleon

@dman1366: I don't think comicvine leans towards DC in their reviews.
    Most of DC's comics in this website have an average lesser than MARVEL's.
    The staff are proud fans of Valiant and Image.
    Also some of the elements you liked most people hated it.Viper and Silver Samurai were a joke in this movie.
    Just because someone doesn't like something from MARVEL(FOX in this situation) doesn't mean he is a DC sellout.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well, my opinion, yes, the Silver Samurai was not in this movie. There was something called the Silver Samurai but, it wasn't the character I came to know and love. Also, had no idea one can rip Adamantium apart with their bare hands. I will say the portrayal of Yukio was pretty awesome so, there is that I guess. And the Viper... don't even get me started on what they did to poor Viper...

In general, the movie was okay. It was entertaining and in the end that's what a movie's for. But yes, I agree, 3/5.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#180 vance_astro  Moderator

I'm sorry but this was worst than the first film.

ozeol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was shit.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

who is the character that you liked that they messed up?

didnt see the movie but was looking at the imdb page and i am confused. there is a shingen and a yashida but yashinda is shingen's family name, why would they split his name into two different people? same with there being a harada and a silver samurai. things like that and a blonde super powered viper are keeping me from seeing this movie

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#185  Edited By Jenkale

what happened to the ninja turtle reviews?

Brightseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Pretty enjoyable despite its flaws.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By dbatdog

Read this review: "Jackman has once again proven that he understands Wolverine and is one of the most perfect fits for a character since Christopher Reeve as Superman. When you watch Jackman on the screen, you believe it. There's never a doubt in your mind that he IS Wolverine." waaaaaaaaayyy of in here.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#189 k4tzm4n  Moderator

what happened to the ninja turtle reviews?

The latest one is on the homepage.

caladbolglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

I feel a little silly. I loved Viper.

The movie was good, absolutely. However, the ending was a little over the top. I also felt a little underwhelmed.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By lilben42

I liked it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#192 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@dman1366

: I don't think comicvine leans towards DC in their reviews.

Most of DC's comics in this website have an average lesser than MARVEL's.

The staff are proud fans of Valiant and Image.

Also some of the elements you liked most people hated it.Viper and Silver Samurai were a joke in this movie.

Just because someone doesn't like something from MARVEL(FOX in this situation) doesn't mean he is a DC sellout.

No, unfortunately he's correct and has revealed the site's darkest secret. I mean, why think otherwise? It's not like I wrote about what I liked and didn't like about both movies or anything like that.

Planet_arium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron_turtle: It wasn't awful, it just wasn't good. Yes, I'm talking both about the movie and the final scene with Silver Samurai. And also, they said they were stockpiling adamantium to MAKE the Silver Samurai suit. The best scene was the bullet train scene, and that was probably the only thing to really impress. 2.5/5 stars

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@the_mast said:

Such an awful film.

could i ask why though? i thought it was a Good movie, Not The BEST THING EVER( kind of hard to be impressed after Pacific Rim and MOS THOUGH) but i though it was a solid one :)

Well, I thought Man of Steel was pretty garbage, too.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By ThomasElliot

It was a tad bit slow (which isn't always a bad thing, but here, it was a bad thing) and Viper was just master-cheese at its best. I mean, the woman had time for a WARDROBE CHANGE, in which one scene she's wearing green spandex, then just had to change into her green leather outfit in the next. And had to apply her green eye shadow too, because f*** you Poison Ivy. Bleh. (also, her mole grossed me out. Sorry, but it did... reminded me of that quote from Uncle Buck... here's a quarter...)

But its not a HORRIBLE film and better than the first. I'm glad that someone is FINALLY addressing holes left after X3... its all I ever wanted since X3. Even the credits-tease scene touched on one of those holes, and sealed it shut with one single line. Good. Now its all set-up for Days of Future Past which will seemingly "Abram's Trek" the whole franchise into a rebooted new universe. Those little, presumptuous, promises is what made The Wolverine worth the cost of my ticket.

EDIT. Embarrassingly enough, I really had no idea who 'Viper' is. So I just now looked her up and... okay. Seems to me the 2nd most down-graded villain in a movie, right behind Lady Deathstrike in X2!

cwf123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it because it uses the Japanese language. I speak it.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love people stating their opinions as fact in the comments, don't you?

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#200  Edited By The Mast

@the_mast said:

@theacidskull said:

@the_mast said:

Such an awful film.

could i ask why though? i thought it was a Good movie, Not The BEST THING EVER( kind of hard to be impressed after Pacific Rim and MOS THOUGH) but i though it was a solid one :)

Well, I thought Man of Steel was pretty garbage, too.

ouch. just wanna know why you didn't like it?

I don't like Jackman as Wolverine. I never have. I tire of the same old facial expressions, the same old nonsense.

"Oh, you cut my face? I better turn back to the camera slowly as my wound heals. I feel that's something I need to get across in the sixth proper film appearance I've made."

I tire of the, "Oh, I don't wanna be me anymore." I don't like Robosamurai. Viper was awful. The plot was badly predictable in ways it clearly didn't think it was, which insults me as a viewer. "You'll be surprised by this because you are so oblivious that you'd never see the twists." No. I had this movie figured out by the trailer, yet it insisted.

It's not like Pacific Rim where it KNOWS what it is. I knew what this was and it tried to tell me it wasn't.

I thought the characterisation was poor. The adaptation of the original story was a shambles and disrespectful (Changes work, but bad changes don't).

I just...don't give an F about this movie character, his adventures or anything else. I think the X-movies are just awful.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.