Follow

The Wizard

Character » The Wizard appears in 410 issues.

A charter member of the Council of Eternity and former caretaker of The Rock of Eternity, The Wizard also known as Mamaragan; Aboriginal God of Thunder and Song is the supplicant turned divine benefactor to his newest champion SHAZAM.

JSA 25 (spoilers)

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
    the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you read JSA 25, you know that Shazam is back, and that he stripped billy, mary, teth-adam and Adrianna of their power, and said he was going to go after freddy. 

WTF is dan didio thinking.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hadrelius

i thought the comic was delayed. My local stored didn't have it. I was just a matter of time. It may not be him.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
    the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    it's him.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth

What the hell

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    LOL

Shazam the Wizard took his SH!T BACK  !

Overall it was an awesome comic...

BTW - Are we still allowed to post full scans in the forums ? I heard there was some sort of a controversy over it... after a site was shut down for using them or something like that
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth

Scans Daily

but idk king

i think there was a limit or something

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF

is it just me or would mary marvels new costume look bad a$$ if they got rid of the head wear and and changed hear hair back to the original color

also who do you think the person on the final page was that came down from the lighting that was all black?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hadrelius
    geraldthesloth said:
    "What the hell"
    That's what I'm saying.
    Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Lame a$$ story, and Lame a$$ ending. Instead of moving the franchise forward in any way at all, they're even further back then they were and Shazam's a dick. I hope all the fans who complained about TOS and Billy's new position are happy now.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By SUNMAN

I need Billy back

Avatar image for rorschach_s_ghost
    Rorschach's Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not trying to get heat but, I was pretty intrigued by this. The Marvel Family, no matter what you do with them, get stale after awhile. Captain Marvel is a staple character. If it was JUST HIM there'd be more room to manuver but with Freddy and Mary and even Black Adam it gets too thick unless their spread out (like the Super family at times) or have a ton of personal development (Like the Bat family at times).

Shazam himself coming in pissed and retaking his powers is pretty cool in my opinion so long as it leads somewhere and he DOES SOMETHING other than just being upset. He's got a modern age super pissed Gandalf the White / wrath of god thing going on and as a character and it makes him unique. It'd be nice to see him taking up the role of protector again. Hell I wouldn't have minded him as the White Lantern (as he's a served as a protector of life beyond his own life, death, and rebirth). You gotta admit, there are way more 30 something caped crusaders in the DCU than there are wrathful omnipotent sages.

Billy needs to take some time to hopefully revamp the Billy aspect of his character, in my opinion, and then come back as the Agent of Shazam. Mary maybe. Freddy? ... I dunno...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.