Why do you love the Walking Dead?

SpiderSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SpiderSlayer

Is it the Comics is it the show? What do you love so much about the series that has taken the world by storm? 

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

I first got introduced to The Walking Dead through the show, which I thought was fantastic.
    So I made the move to try the comics. I love the way the Kirkman writes the characters, and they feel very real. And he shows interesting and realistic emotions and problems that I'd expect to find in a zombie apocalypse. Also, Kirkman is just an amazing writer, I don't know what it is, but I love him, after reading The Walking Dead, he's moved me onto Invincible and his other comics.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Rudyftw

I love both. They each explore something that isn't touched in the other.  

THEY COMPLETE EACH OTHER. 

No Caption Provided
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I don't.

DPNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DPNugget

I enjoy both the show and the comic. I first got into walking dead after hearing of how good the story telling was and got hooked the second i read the first issue. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

I love the way the characters have changed since the beginning of the series and how Rick's point of view on doing what's necessary to survive and to protect Carl has changed...but I love the way Carl has been forced to grow up so quick and lose his childhood and innocence in the series and has become the most sane survivor we've seen so far...I love the suspense...you really never know what is going to happen next...Kirkman has said that no one is safe and you realize in the current arc just how much he means it....I got into the series because of my phobia of zombies and because of that phobia I'm inexplicably drawn to anything zombie related...so I picked up the series just thinking it would be another throw away zombie book but it's anything but...the zombies are more of a background than anything else...a background that can eat you but the real threats of the series are the other survivors...it shows you how much our laws hold people in check when you see what were most likely normal people before the outbreak turn into cannibals to survive and I'm not talking about the zombies either....honestly I love everything about the series...it's the best written book on the shelves these days and if you want a book full of character development then this is the book that you should be reading

Stuka69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Stuka69

I think that the comic is bit overrated, it´s OK, but I certainly don´t love it. And I really did not like the TV-series...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

Because it's entertaining, the characters are awesome, and the premise is awesome. 

SpiderSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9  Edited By SpiderSlayer
    @danhimself
    I agree with you 100% I got hooked by a  the comic shop owner saying here try this. I was like really a black and white comic about zombies. I gave it a try and I was hooked. I can not wait each month for that book it is the top of my list and first read when i get it home.
    LeoFLJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LeoFLJ

The comic is better than the show, in my opinion, though I keep up with both. It's something about the zombie story and how it focuses more on the human aspect of it. You see the characters change, and, especially in Carl's case, grow up. Kirkman's lack of fear to kill off characters also makes it something special. You get invested in a character and then suddenly they die. It just makes it so much better.

Dork_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dork_Lord

I'm not a huge fan of zombies, but The Walking Dead has been excellent so far! I've read the first 8 books of the comic (the softcovers, that reprint about six issues apiece), and have only seen the first season of the show (that's all that Netflix carries so far). I have to say the compelling characterization is what keeps me coming back. The zombies are used more of a backdrop, allowing believable characters to take center stage.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By luckydomino1

i love it because they do the unexpected in their shows every episodes leaves a big cliffhanger its so dramatic and the story is wondeful

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.