who should play Tyreese on The Walking Dead television series?

#1 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

Who should it be to play hands down one of the most badass characters of the new series? why do I say he's badass?

NUFF SAID!

#2 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to get the ball rolling Ill say I absolutely believe Micheal Jai White, best known as the actor who played Spawn in the 1997 film adaptation, heres a pic that basicaly says it all if compared to the above one:

#3 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what? I would kind of be surprised if they even have him on the show. it is a little late to introduce him and have him matter enough before the stuff at the prison happens. I think they kind of replaced him with Shane by keeping him around still.

#4 Edited by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520 said:

You know what? I would kind of be surprised if they even have him on the show. it is a little late to introduce him and have him matter enough before the stuff at the prison happens. I think they kind of replaced him with Shane by keeping him around still.

"Robert Kirkman, who created the graphic novel the hitAMC series The Walking Dead is based on, revealed that characters such as Tyrese and Michonne from the comic book could surface in Season 2. He gave Tyrese a 68 percent chance of showing up in the second season, and Michonne a 50 percent chance. Another fan-favorite character from the graphic novel, The Governor, will not appear in Season 2, although there is a 92 percent chance he will show up in Season 3. Here's what Robert Kirkman had to say about the development of Season 2."

from movieweb.com

both he and michonne will be involved at some point, wether they will both fit into season 2 is unsure,Im doubtful on her but michonne will def be in season 3 being that the governor will be as well.

Personally I think They will find the prison at the end of season 2, and most likely he'll be there already, judging by the tweaks their making for tv appropriation. I just hope he isnt a a cliched black guy in prison.

Also, I watched a sneak preview of the new episode on the 12th, and their going to be running into some new folks, which didnt happen in the comic either, so I'm leaning towards him being within this group with his daughter and her boyfriend, a herd attacks or some such, and they leave hershel for the prison, either that or these new folks are already there

I was thinking about that and my guess is, the only reason he's still around is because he just has too much that can be used. Good cop that turns towards being basically a wolf, doing what he can to survive, and the steps getting there were too good you'd be a fool not to exapnd on that . the only reason I think they did it in the book was because they needed an event to keep folks interested so early on. I mean if you were a producer/writer would you kill off that much potential drama?

#5 Posted by Red_Jack (285 posts) - - Show Bio

I rememer reading somewhere that Kirkman had actually invented Tyreese mainly for the sole purpose of his demise.

Hope I didn't just spoil anything for new readers. I don't think he's necessary now. Darryl is already a popular badass character in the TV series though I hope he doesn't reach the same demise.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.