Where does Kirkman go now with Walking Dead after issue 93?

cjc1303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By cjc1303

If you have been keeping up with the actual comic series and not the show then you will know that anything can happen in the series. No character is safe and no situation is as it seems. With the 100th issue coming up in August where does the Larger World storyline take the characters as well as us readers. I personally feel that there will be something huge coming with a major character but it leaves me to wonder how will it affect the series. In my mind I dont think Rick will die because I think that eventually the series will focus on Carl in Rick's place but due to the circumstances surrounding Carl I think that there will be more issues to go before that transition will occur. But does Andrea die or leave the group? What about Glenn and Maggie does something happen to them? And for pretty much all the fans out there (myself included) is something major in store for Michonne? There are so many possibilities for the series that it seems like everybody could guess something and nobody would get it right. My hope is that at least in this current arc that there is no repeat of the Governor with this new community but something completely different and maybe Rick is wrong about them. But that remains to be seen. This arcs buildup to issue 100 I feel will be big and we will be delivered with a huge surprise in issue 100. I'm curious to see what others think will happen. Maybe somebody sees something that I don't. So please feel free to comment so we can get a good discussion going.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
    TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@cjc1303:

Awesome thread!

I have seen the next few covers that lead up to issue 100 and as far as I could see something really crazy is going to happen. In almost every cover it shows Rick (or someone who resembles rick) holding a different bloody blunt object in each one. I personally hope Rick doesn't die. Carl is too young to replace him... who in there right mind is going to follow a 12 year old boy with half a face? No one. I also love Andrea and hope she doesn't die. That would be really messed up if Kirkman busted another "Prison Escape". I can't stand it when characters you grow to learn and love die right after one another without any fallout. I feel Lori's death wasn't really capitalized on. It's almost as if Rick expected her and her baby to die and some point.... The whole crazy Rick talking to Lori on the phone thing should have lasted longer. I liked the idea of Rick going a little crazy over her death... it made perfect sense, but for some reason didn't last very long. I also hope the the safe haven they live in is wiped out. It's been getting pretty boring (IMO).

cjc1303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By cjc1303

@TheWholeDamnShow said:

@cjc1303:

Awesome thread!

I have seen the next few covers that lead up to issue 100 and as far as I could see something really crazy is going to happen. In almost every cover it shows Rick (or someone who resembles rick) holding a different bloody blunt object in each one. I personally hope Rick doesn't die. Carl is too young to replace him... who in there right mind is going to follow a 12 year old boy with half a face? No one. I also love Andrea and hope she doesn't die. That would be really messed up if Kirkman busted another "Prison Escape". I can't stand it when characters you grow to learn and love die right after one another without any fallout. I feel Lori's death wasn't really capitalized on. It's almost as if Rick expected her and her baby to die and some point.... The whole crazy Rick talking to Lori on the phone thing should have lasted longer. I liked the idea of Rick going a little crazy over her death... it made perfect sense, but for some reason didn't last very long. I also hope the the safe haven they live in is wiped out. It's been getting pretty boring (IMO).

Thanks for liking my thread. I agree with you and hope that Rick doesnt die but honestly I see the story focusing on Carl in the end. How much does Rick have left before someone kills him or he just doesnt get out of sticky situations like in No Way Out. But Carl wont be 12 that would be ridiculous and I think that it will be at least 2 or 3 years (in our time) before the transition happens. I dont know if the Prison was capitalized like it should have been but I feel that it did leave repercussions in the story after that. I will say that the crazy Rick talk could only last so long because well it would be annoying. I dont know but maybe thats me. The safe haven is for sure going to be wiped out there is no way it will last long. Due to lack of supplies and I think Rick is going to do something to cause stuff to go to hell. I dont know if it is getting boring to me I just love the series and really see that even the slowest of issues in the series is better than the vast majority of books out there now. I love the series and show and cant wait for the Something to Fear arc it should be great and a possibility of Daryl in the books whats not to love.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.