Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Preacherl2k

AMC RESURRECTS “ The Walking Dead

FOR A SECOND SEASON

Biggest Series in Cable History

Among Adults 18-49

Network Greenlights 13-Episode Season of Hit Original Series

Biggest Global Original Series Debut on  Fox International Channels.

A thirteen episode second season of The Walking Deadis greenlit on the heels of 4.7 million total viewers and 3.3 million adults 18-49 (a 2.5 rating)  for the second episode. 

Ratings Highlights for The Walking DeadEpisode 2, which premiered  on AMC Sunday, 11/7:

• 10pm airing – 3.1 HH rating with over 4.7 million viewers;
    • Adults 18-49 – 3.3 million viewers;
    • Adults 25-54 – 2.8 million viewers;
    • Men 18-49 – 2.1 million viewers.

Ratings Highlights for the The Walking DeadEpisode 1, which premiered on AMC Sunday, 10/31:

• 10pm airing – 3.7 HH rating with over 5.3 million total viewers;
    • Adults 18-49 – 3.6 million viewers;
    • Adults 25-54 – 3.1 million viewers;
    • Men 18-49 - 2.0 million viewers.

Just thought you all might want to know.
    countvontrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By countvontrey

That is awesome news.

Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Preacherl2k

A bit of surprising news for the third ep- In a complete reversal of normal tv watching trends the 3rd episode of the walking dead was up 400,000 viewers to 5.1 million almost tying its premiere of 5.3 million.

Here is the breakdown for last nights show:
     Total audience 5.1 million
    18-49 adults 3.3million

Obviously the good word continues to spread for The Walking Dead!

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

AWESOME! Cause 6 episodes is not enough.....I was very upset the first season wasn't 12 or 13. Glad the second season will be 13. Any idea as to when they begin shooting?
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " AWESOME! Cause 6 episodes is not enough.....I was very upset the first season wasn't 12 or 13. Glad the second season will be 13. Any idea as to when they begin shooting? "
    I have a good feeling they'll start shooting in the next couple of weeks, or at the start of winter.
    Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Preacherl2k
    @inferiorego said:
    " @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " AWESOME! Cause 6 episodes is not enough.....I was very upset the first season wasn't 12 or 13. Glad the second season will be 13. Any idea as to when they begin shooting? "
    I have a good feeling they'll start shooting in the next couple of weeks, or at the start of winter. "
    Inferiororego has it right. Word on the street is that shooting will start in the next 6 weeks (as soon as the scripts are complete). AMC doesn't want to lose viewers while this show is red hot so they are anxious to get the ball rolling asap! 
    Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Preacherl2k

Quick update from this past Sunday's show Ep 5.

Sunday night’s episode of The Walking Dead scored a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating and averaged 5.6 million viewers, both season highs, and that during a holiday weekend. Beware the zombies indeed.

Here are the numbers so far for the first season of The Walking Dead:

DateProgramLive+SD 18-49 RatingLive+SD Viewers (Millions)
    28-Nov The Walking Dead2.85.6
    21-Nov The Walking Dead2.44.8
    14-Nov The Walking Dead2.55.074
    7-Nov The Walking Dead2.54.707

So Ep 5 set a NEW High!
    Woot!
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself
    @Preacherl2k said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    " @JoeRiccadonna said:
    I have a good feeling they'll start shooting in the next couple of weeks, or at the start of winter. "
    Inferiororego has it right. Word on the street is that shooting will start in the next 6 weeks (as soon as the scripts are complete). AMC doesn't want to lose viewers while this show is red hot so they are anxious to get the ball rolling asap!  "
    they've said that the second season won't start airing until next october...they feel that there fear fest or whatever it's called is the perfect time to air the season premieres
    Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Preacherl2k

It turns out the writing staff for AMC’s hit The Walking Deadwere themselves among the Walking Dead when it comes to future employment.

Deadline TV’s Nellie Andreeva reports that The Walking Deadwriter, executive producer and director Frank Darabont has let go of the writing staff ahead of the second season for which it has already been renewed.

What’s more, I hear Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season of Walking Dead altogether and assign scripts to freelancers.

Perhaps it’s not so surprising. Darabont wrote two of the six episodes and co-wrote or rewrote the other four, according to Ms. Andreeva.  On top of that, two of those four episodes were not written by staff writers to begin with.

Just passing along the info.....

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @Preacherl2k said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    " @JoeRiccadonna said:
    Inferiororego has it right. Word on the street is that shooting will start in the next 6 weeks (as soon as the scripts are complete). AMC doesn't want to lose viewers while this show is red hot so they are anxious to get the ball rolling asap!  "

Will they be filming once more in Atlanta? Or do they still have enough footage to fake it? There are quite a few extras here who are looking for work again.
    Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Preacherl2k

The Finale info!

Key Ratings Highlights for the finale of The Walking Dead:

• 10pm airing – 4.1 HH rating with more than 6 million total viewers;
    • 10 pm, 11:00 pm and 1am airings – Gross audience to a 5.7 HH rating with 8.1 million total viewers;
    • Adults 18-49 – 4 million viewers;
    • Adults 25-54 – 3.5 million viewers.
    Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Preacherl2k
    @Roxanne Starr:  Not sure yet, I'll have to check and see about that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.