The Walking Dead Recap & Comic Comparison: Season 2, Episode 7 "Pretty Much Dead Already"

• 79 results
#51 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@danhimself said:

I don't understand why people like Shane.....there is absolutely nothing redeeming about that guy

I love Shane! We've discussed this on the facebook numerous times.

He's really the antagonist of the group. I love slowly watching him turn into a degenerate. Some can say that Hershel would be the antagonist, or even the walkers, but Shane is the character that shakes everything up. I can't wait to see Carl shoot him.

Also..... We may not get it this season, but.... Michonne..... Soon....

MAN, I HOPE SO!!!!!! Her, Tyresse, and the Governor...that would be good television...!!

#52 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

And being that Shane and Andrea seem to be starting...something...do you guys think that Lori and Andrea might come to confrontation sometime soon. Lori may still have feelings that even she doesn't want to admit are still for Shane.

#53 Posted by The_Tree (7481 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osiris1428 said:

And being that Shane and Andrea seem to be starting...something...do you guys think that Lori and Andrea might come to confrontation sometime soon. Lori may still have feelings that even she doesn't want to admit are still for Shane.

I would say that the almost-rape that went down at the CDC was the final nail in the coffin for the Lori/Shane relationship.

#54 Posted by Wonder Princess (138 posts) - - Show Bio

February seems so long away.

#55 Edited by Mr_riddler (15734 posts) - - Show Bio

The Little girl dies and Shane still lives... is not fair.

Where is the poetic justice? who's next? Daryl?

#56 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully T-Dog will die (does anyone else kind of throw up in their mouth whenever they say that name??) and Tyresse will show up.

#57 Posted by Gokujam (66 posts) - - Show Bio

This is television and not the comics. Shane is the break-out character. I really don't think the writers are going to kill him off anytime soon. He's the most practical of the group and chock-full of awesome. If that little s@&t; Carl kills him, I'm going to be pissed. There's plenty of dead weight in the group that needs to go first. (I'm looking at you T-Dog)

#58 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAAAAAAAAAAATTT How can Sophia die alreaddyyyyy??

#59 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a while since one of the main party characters died (excluding Sophia, I don't count her cause she was gone forever). I really want Shane to die soon, he's a horrible person, and out of all of the the people in the party, he's the one I want to die most. He's probably not gonna die for a long while though, since he's the main antagonist. That in mind, I just hope Rick, Darryl, Glenn, Carl, and Dale survive. They're my top 5 favs

#60 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

This is literally the best show I've ever seen. Now I just need to get into the Walking Dead comic series.

#61 Posted by Whatchuptu (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really classed Sophia as a main character in the TV series...I can't remember her having a line of dialouge or being anything else but scared or sad....she was like furniture, just there.

#62 Posted by RoninLoganX (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77:@mewmdude77 said:

It's been a while since one of the main party characters died (excluding Sophia, I don't count her cause she was gone forever). I really want Shane to die soon, he's a horrible person, and out of all of the the people in the party, he's the one I want to die most. He's probably not gonna die for a long while though, since he's the main antagonist. That in mind, I just hope Rick, Darryl, Glenn, Carl, and Dale survive. They're my top 5 favs

I really don't see Shane dying any time soon, and that's not just because he's the "main antagonist". The thing is, at least this is what I am thinking, is that Shane is really the one whose right, he just goes about showing people the wrong way. And the only way to show that is to show the contrast between him and Rick. Rick is going to keep making the noble/honorable/morally right decisions and people are going to end up getting killed, and Shane's going to be the one there to tell him that the world has changed and they need to change with it to survive.

#63 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@laabitres said:

fuck shane man i mean he was right but just the way he went about it

Watch your mouth. Profanity isn't allowed on Comicvine. Censor yourself.
#64 Posted by illmatic06 (52 posts) - - Show Bio

" I love the show but the last couple of episodes have been slow from both people who just watch the show and from people who read the books point of view. We want to see more tense episodes!." What shows have you been watching?

#65 Posted by Whatchuptu (9 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone looks like there time is up it's guna be Carol.....now that her daughters gone what motivation does she even have to live? She's lost her husband and her daughter in a matter of weeks.

#66 Posted by sentryman555 (771 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whatchuptu: I completely agree. I even forgot her name I only remembered her as Sophia's mom. Although there have been some nice scenes between her and daryl but in my opinion this will just give Daryl more emotional depth if they do kill Carol off after she and him became good friends.

#67 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7853 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Merle will end up being the 'Governor'.

#68 Edited by Whatchuptu (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555 said:

@Whatchuptu: I completely agree. I even forgot her name I only remembered her as Sophia's mom. Although there have been some nice scenes between her and daryl but in my opinion this will just give Daryl more emotional depth if they do kill Carol off after she and him became good friends.

They had a scene this week where Carol thanks him for searching for Sophia and he confesses it's also because he doesn't have anything else to do. I hope that now that Sophia's dead that not the writers confessing that they don't have anything left for Carol or Datyl to do!.....otherwise I could possibly see some kinda hook up happening there just for the sake of it, I mean let's face it there aren't that many single woman around and everyone is living day-to-day. I really am hoping that the Daryl/Merle arc continues soon.....

Carol actually goes crazy in the comics....maybe thats what'll happen to her.....

#69 Posted by sentryman555 (771 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whatchuptu: The Daryl/Merle story still going on is why I still have hope that Daryl best moments are still ahead of him. Honestly Carol going crazy now seems pretty likely when I think about it. She was abused by her husband who died, now she saw her zombie daughter get shot. The writers would actually have to come up with a really good explanation of why she doesn't crack!

#70 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Dale is an idiot and is really starting to annoy me. He needs to either stfu or just die already. And im glad the Sophia issue is finally resolved.

What's wrong with Dale? The only mistake he's made is bringing the guns into the woods. Cause they might need them in an emergency.

#71 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoninLoganX said:

Great episode, but I have to say I don't really think killing Sophia had much of a point other than for shock value. Maybe it's just me, but IMO that it really doesn't do that much for the story. I mean, it's kind of like "OMG, another character got killed! ...Oh wait, that happens left and right." Personally I would have preferred that they end it on a high note with them finding her alive and giving the survivors some hope for the future. At this rate, it seems like people are going to start killing themselves or each other, which would end the show rather quickly.

The Sophia becomng a walker showed why it was so hard for ershel to kill his family when they turned. Just a little girl, and they had to pop a cap in her ass. It also sets us up for drama between everyone. The main thing though, is showing how Rick , who otherwise would have had a bit more remorse, just shot her. It brought the reality to the situation, his NEWBORN child is on the way, he has a child right now. It's building up to how Rick becomes a much, much darker person.

#72 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Rick was a bit of a wuss in this season so far, but I have yet to see him be the person who could bite a man on the neck until he bleeds to save his son the way he did in book 10....until I saw him shoot zombie Sofia...

#73 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoninLoganX said:

@mewmdude77:@mewmdude77 said:

I really don't see Shane dying any time soon, and that's not just because he's the "main antagonist". The thing is, at least this is what I am thinking, is that Shane is really the one whose right, he just goes about showing people the wrong way. And the only way to show that is to show the contrast between him and Rick. Rick is going to keep making the noble/honorable/morally right decisions and people are going to end up getting killed, and Shane's going to be the one there to tell him that the world has changed and they need to change with it to survive.

Shane will probably die in the last episode of the series. I'm not sure if you remember, but they opened the first episode of the season with Shane wounded and running from walkers in some suburb and they'll probably go full circle and make that the finale (with a twist of some sort, like Carl or Rick shooting him in the leg and leaving him to die, or something).

This was a really great episode to a great series and I think that what makes the series so incredible is how dynamic the characters are. I can understand a lot of Shane's reasoning, even though it was definitely motivated by anger and jealousy along with concern for everybody's safety. But I ultimately have to side with Rick and say that in order to survive, everybody needs to cooperate together and try to be diplomatic and rational. Going off like a loose cannon and potentially losing your only safe ground is not the way to go about things.

Also, how could the military lose to the walkers? If five people (four of whom were untrained) could take down a crowd of a dozen to twenty walkers, then how could the military fail so badly?

#74 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoninLoganX said:

Great episode, but I have to say I don't really think killing Sophia had much of a point other than for shock value. Maybe it's just me, but IMO that it really doesn't do that much for the story. I mean, it's kind of like "OMG, another character got killed! ...Oh wait, that happens left and right." Personally I would have preferred that they end it on a high note with them finding her alive and giving the survivors some hope for the future. At this rate, it seems like people are going to start killing themselves or each other, which would end the show rather quickly.

it actually does more for the show than what you think....in the book she's still alive and nothing but a set piece....she adds absolutely nothing to the book...she's just there....her being killed in the show the way that she was gives her character so much more impact....think of what this is going to do to Carol and to Daryl who really put himself out there and really showed signs of caring for the group by not giving up the search for her only to find out that it was all in vain and she was dead the entire time....this also puts a lot on Rick...this basically boils down to being his fault...so now he's going to be questioning every decision that he makes and adding more fuel to the Rick/Shane leadership fight that's sure to happen sooner rather than later

#75 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a much better episode than most "we keep searching for Sofia" episodes we've had lately.

Great mid-season finale!

#76 Posted by Whatchuptu (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmo111687 said:

@RoninLoganX said:

Also, how could the military lose to the walkers? If five people (four of whom were untrained) could take down a crowd of a dozen to twenty walkers, then how could the military fail so badly?

Good question, one I've been wondering about since I saw Rick make it out of the hospital up to where the military were stationed in the first episode.

Ha-ha Loads of friendly fire incidents? When Shane is in the hospital in a flashback, we notice down the hallway that a soldier is being attacked and he let's rip killing a few people around him...these people will turn and become zombies pretty quickly.....clutching at straws here.

I like to think by the time the knew what was happening they couldn't get strategic positions and a large percentage of people had already turned. The hospitals would have been filling up with people with 'bite injuries' and chaos would have ensued.

By the time they napalm the city they've already lost the ground assault.

But it begs the question whether the military are still present somewhere and are just letting this play out...and also on a larger scale if it's just the States....or the World that has been infected.

#77 Posted by xfiles2099 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Me and my son were wattching this episode and at the end we both said watch the next walker be Sophia

Very sad at the end I love how Shane is transforming into a psycopath

I hope Michone makes an appearence very soon

Great eppisode cant wait till Feb

#78 Posted by girlspective (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whatchuptu: You guys just can't see Shane from a female's perspective (yes, women love this show!!). Here's the deal on Shane, and reasons that he'll hopefully be on the show forever: 1) Shane - is HOT.

2) Shane is protective of Lori - that's what women want from a man, and boy does he fill the order. 3) Shane's main reasons for existence are to protect Shane, keep the group going, and stay close to Lori, because he loves her. He's drop dead, hopelessly in love with her. Notice how often he literally drops to his knees before her? Yes he can be obnoxious - that's just the testerone blasting from every pore of his body!

#79 Posted by dreb101 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: welp I know you r happy now dale is dead thanks alot u ahole lmao i love this show like the comic better though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.