The Walking Dead Discussion (spoilers)

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Acheron

I searched for this and I can't believe it hasn't been made!

The place for whatever random discussion you have for the great series TWD. Who are your favourite characters? Favourite issues? Most shocking moment to you?

I just gotta say, I read the whole series in succession. At the end of the prison battle....damn. Some of the most unexpected and shocking moments I've ever seen in comics.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

so you're up to date on the series in less then a week?  good job....it's a great series....one of my favorite titles....my favorite moment so far is when they had the zombie tied up in the prison yard and were doing some research on it and the suicidal girl (forget her name) walks up to it and says "i hope you like me" and lets it attack her....my jaw dropped....i kind of wish something good would happen to rick and carl for once instead of the constant $hityness that is there lives now but then i guess the book probably wouldn't be as great as it is

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Acheron
    danhimself said:
    "so you're up to date on the series in less then a week?  good job"
    Yeah, I read fast. Didn't have anything else to do :l

danhimself said:
    "it's a great series....one of my favorite titles....my favorite moment so far is when they had the zombie tied up in the prison yard and were doing some research on it and the suicidal girl (forget her name) walks up to it and says "i hope you like me" and lets it attack her....my jaw dropped....i kind of wish something good would happen to rick and carl for once instead of the constant $hityness that is there lives now but then i guess the book probably wouldn't be as great as it is"
    Oh yeah, Carol I think. I did NOT see that coming, especially since she seemed to be getting herself together after trying to kill herself the first time. I can't believe she'd do that do her kid, cripes.

I think the biggest shock for me was either when Carl got by Otis early on (I REALLY THOUGHT HE DIED!), or when Lori got killed. Damn, that was horrible. The governer killing Alice while calling her a "bitch" pissed me off, although he got what came to him.

Yeah, I hope Rick and Carl get a break. I'm sort of thinking maybe they'll be safe for a while in DC, but I dunno. They are messed up lately.
    Matt707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Matt707

The 'Fear The Hunter" issues of the series look really good. Its supposed to be like issue 48 only multiplied into 5 issues. Great stuff

ENGLENTINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1004

#5  Edited By ENGLENTINE

For most shocking, you could hardly beat the entire late 40s run.  My daughter also read them all in a week.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sparda

I need to catch up on the series. Last issue I read was when the group was heading to Washington, and they got attacked by those bandit/raider guys, and Rick brutally killed a few.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself
    @Sparda said:
    " I need to catch up on the series. Last issue I read was when the group was heading to Washington, and they got attacked by those bandit/raider guys, and Rick brutally killed a few."

you aren't really that far behind...they're still on their way to Washington but Dale was captured by the people who have been hunting them

I'm really actually nervous about what's going to be waiting for them once they get to Washington...I mean with all the crappy stuff that's happened so far I don't know how Kirkman can possibly top it and maybe we'll find out if the plague is isolated to North and probably South America since the 2 are connected and all or if it's a worldwide plague
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sparda
    @danhimself said:
    " @Sparda said:
    " I need to catch up on the series. Last issue I read was when the group was heading to Washington, and they got attacked by those bandit/raider guys, and Rick brutally killed a few."
    you aren't really that far behind...they're still on their way to Washington but Dale was captured by the people who have been hunting themI'm really actually nervous about what's going to be waiting for them once they get to Washington...I mean with all the crappy stuff that's happened so far I don't know how Kirkman can possibly top it and maybe we'll find out if the plague is isolated to North and probably South America since the 2 are connected and all or if it's a worldwide plague "
    NOT DALE!

Ahh damn. What about the soldier dude? How is he doing? Ever since he's been introduced, I've expected him to die in a sudden and shocking manner, since he's one of the most combat-proficient characters in the cast.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself
    @Sparda said:
    "@danhimself said:
    " @Sparda said:
    you aren't really that far behind...they're still on their way to Washington but Dale was captured by the people who have been hunting themI'm really actually nervous about what's going to be waiting for them once they get to Washington...I mean with all the crappy stuff that's happened so far I don't know how Kirkman can possibly top it and maybe we'll find out if the plague is isolated to North and probably South America since the 2 are connected and all or if it's a worldwide plague "
    NOT DALE!Ahh damn. What about the soldier dude? How is he doing? Ever since he's been introduced, I've expected him to die in a sudden and shocking manner, since he's one of the most combat-proficient characters in the cast."

soldier dude is still alive...they met up with a preacher who has been hiding out in his church since the plague started and he took them back to his church for shelter while they search for Dale...everyone that's been with them recently is still alive
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sparda
    @danhimself said:
    "soldier dude is still alive...they met up with a preacher who has been hiding out in his church since the plague started and he took them back to his church for shelter while they search for Dale...everyone that's been with them recently is still alive "
    Wow, I was really expecting at least one of them to have died by now. I'm sort of relieved to hear that!
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By John Valentine

I love Walking Dead!

orsonkidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By orsonkidd

so who thinks dale has been bitten and that the hunters will become infected?

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

BUMP!!! 

Ok I have all of the Walking dead volumes and I bought issue number 73 and I am only 2 issues behind (My comic shop didn't have them) but this series is awesome!!!! The way these characters have been changing. Fcking Carl....... I am just waiting for this kid to flip out in this new town.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " BUMP!!!  Ok I have all of the Walking dead volumes and I bought issue number 73 and I am only 2 issues behind (My comic shop didn't have them) but this series is awesome!!!! The way these characters have been changing. Fcking Carl....... I am just waiting for this kid to flip out in this new town. "
    ANOTHER CONVERT!!!!!!

I'm glad you like it....I'll wait for you to get caught up since I don't want to spoil anything for you
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @danhimself:
    I'm only behind two issues. Did I miss much?
    Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've read up to issue #66. 

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @ViciousCesar!:
    Continue reading. This series is amazing.
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeRiccadonna:
    i just finished #72. and i already have 73 and 74 in my 'to read' pile. =) 
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @ViciousCesar!:
    Dammit. I'm still behind 2 or 3 issues. Last one I read was 73 :(
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeRiccadonna: # 75 came out on 7/21. but i didn't go to the shop that week. so they were all sold out when i went to look for it. =(
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By danhimself

Oh wow that was such an amazing issue...pick of the week

deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn it! i picked it up also, but i'm still waiting on issue 75 to come in so i can read it all the way through. FML!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danhimself

man I can't help but think that something is going to happen to Rick in this upcoming arc where their new community gets attacked

deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i finally got issue 75. so tonight i read 74-77. =)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danhimself
    @ViciousCesar! said:
    " i finally got issue 75. so tonight i read 74-77. =) "
    what did you think?  I love how Carl is the most sane person out of all the survivors...he quickly became my favorite character
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: pretty good.... i can't believe the priest guy tried to get rick and co kicked out! what an unappreciative jerk. i hope he gets eaten soon... seemed like rick kinda lost it there for a while. he even pulled the phone back out. lol. glad carl was there to give him a reality check... that guy pete got what he deserved, just wish it would have been sooner... seems like those guys that glenn and heath spotted might be up to no good. can't wait to see how it plays out... and i enjoyed the bonus alien stuff from issue 75. 
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new issue yesterday. anyone else pick it up?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By danhimself
    @ViciousCesar!:  you know I did ... great issue as always....I think I'm getting stir crazy though....issue 80 just can't come fast enough....I also want them to double the issue size...that's just me being greedy though
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: double issue would be great! i'm finally caught up and hate that i'm only gonna get to read 1 issue at a time from now on unless i take a break. =(
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By danhimself
    @ViciousCesar!:  a lot of people wait for trades but I'm pretty sure that I couldn't do that
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: i was considering doing that. but i'm too addicted to wait that far in-between getting my fix. lol
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By danhimself
    @ViciousCesar!:  same here...there's no way that I could wait that long
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

You know what's the fcked up thing is? My comic store has not gotten a new issue since 74.... I might have to wait for the next volume to just come out....
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By danhimself
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " You know what's the fcked up thing is? My comic store has not gotten a new issue since 74.... I might have to wait for the next volume to just come out.... "
    do you have a pull list/box at your store and is The Walking Dead on your list?
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @danhimself said:
    " @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " You know what's the fcked up thing is? My comic store has not gotten a new issue since 74.... I might have to wait for the next volume to just come out.... "
    do you have a pull list/box at your store and is The Walking Dead on your list? "

It should be on there. Usually when I asked my comic store owner to add something to my list he does. Might have forgotton. I'm still upset though lol.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By danhimself

omg I can't believe that just happened....I'm calling it right now...Issue 83 is the best issue of the series

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By danhimself

wow I really can't believe that no one is talking about this issue

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fetchfox

@danhimself said:

wow I really can't believe that no one is talking about this issue

It was an incredible issue, and after what happened in issue 85 I can't wait for issue 86. I started reading the comic just a couple of weeks ago, and it has become one of my favorite series.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By danhimself

wow that last page of issue 87 makes me want to cry

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By danhimself

I KNEW IT!!!! I saw that coming like 3 issues ago!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.