The Walking Dead 3.06 ‘Hounded’ Discussion

erik_norris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By erik_norris

Spoilers for the episode follow. You’ve been warned.

Man, actor Andrew Lincoln as been playing the hell out of Rick in these last few episodes. Longtime fans of the comic have been anticipating Rick’s conversations on the phone with his deceased wife, and when the moment finally came, it did not disappoint. The build up and payoff of the moment was fantastic and really shows how far from sanity Rick is slipping. But for us, the viewers, it makes for damn good television.

But Rick’s further downward spiral was not the only highlight of “Hounded,” which featured a number of great moments. How about the pursuit of Michonne by Merle and his posse? Some brutal moments there, and we also see the jerkwad Merle we’ve always loved to hate. And by the time he runs into Glenn and Maggie and takes them hostage, boy, that dude has it coming… whenever that eventually is.

Honestly, thinking back on how the original comic pitted the prison gang against Woodbury, I kind of like the route the show has taken, what with Rick having a reason to venture out with Michonne because they are trying to get Glenn and Maggie back from Merle. And let us know forget the history Rick and Merle share. Therefore, the motivation for how the prison group and Woodbury come face to face makes a lot of sense here.

No Caption Provided

The other major talking point of this episode is the Governor getting a li’l action. Man, Andrea is really going to regret that decision when she stumbles into the room full of heads in tanks and the Governor’s zombified daughter. Talk about skeletons in the closet – literally. I’m also excited to see when Andrea discovers Glenn and Maggie are in the Governor’s custody. Hopefully that moment happens next week.

Oh, and it’s finally confirmed that Carol is indeed alive. The moment where Daryl finds her was a touching on, although maybe it wasn’t played up as much as it should have been. Specifically in light of Rick kind of coming to terms with his wife being dead (sort of), a little more focus on Daryl and Carol reuniting in life would have been a nice complement.

Overall, “Hounded” was another stellar episode that sets up what looks to be a big one next week. Thus far, season three of The Walking Dead has been a success. Let’s hope it continues.

What did you guys think of the episode? Sound off in the comments below.

ReadItNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ReadItNow

Another awesome episode. Guess the groups are meeting each other soon :)

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AlKusanagi

I didn't think the TV show could make the Gov as horrible as he is in the comic, but by adding Maggie to the equation,he might just get there.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bestostero

I hope Glenn and Maggie make it out of this... I know the show is different than the comics, but some elements do remain the same or at least similar...

Michonne is just too awesome, I'm glad she made it to Rick and his group, I cannot wait for next week's episode!!! And the rest of the season for that matter! lol

ReadItNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReadItNow

I think they killed more people than walkers in this episode?

Dbennett6684

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Dbennett6684

Talk about fast-paced! What will be interesting is watching this season back "marathon" style. For me the second season is much better in that sort of format than it was in episodes because of the flow and build up (whereas week to week it seemed to drag on and on). Like a book written for the trade. This one will be interesting-I wonder if it will seem almost overwhelming to watch in one (long) sitting.

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By fps_dean

Next week can't come soon enough!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By judasnixon

Glenn get that duck.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Michonne gets all the luv, and deservedly so, but love him or hate him Merle is Beast Mode. He has no conscious and suffers no guilt. He learned that kids name right before killing him and an hour later he had forgotten it again. Coooold Blooooded.

@Bestostero said:

I hope Glenn and Maggie make it out of this

Co-Signed. But I got a bad feeling.....one of them, if not both, are gonna end up on Merles Murder Highlight reel. (I dont read the comic so I'm avoiding potential spoilers)

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KnightRise

Right now, Mischonne has no character development. She's all brood and stoic chin-raises. I'm looking forward to her getting more screentime and dialogue. I never read the comic. I regret looking up parts of it on the wiki, now I'm afraid for the TV show characters lives'...

Holy sh*t. I hope the Governor doesn't do to the group what I've read that he does! Rick needs that hand with Lorie gone....for guns.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmoothJammin

The most irritating thing: when I read comments and someone decides to bring up the direction the comic went. I'll know better for next time and just avoid the discussion threads.

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BoyWander

I still hate Andrea.

Rick's gone crazy…? I'm not sure what happened…

I'm confused as to why Daryl cares so much about Carol. Someone wanna explain?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By turoksonofstone

@AlKusanagi said:

I didn't think the TV show could make the Gov as horrible as he is in the comic, but by adding Maggie to the equation,he might just get there.

this.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@BoyWander said:

I'm confused as to why Daryl cares so much about Carol. Someone wanna explain?

They bonded awhile back. Pretty sure it was last season when everyone was looking for her daughter. Daryl was pretty determined to find her and through that he grew close to Carol. When Sophia died it only seemed to bring em closer. I think he sees himself as her protector for whatever reason.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

Here is my review for the episode:

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By TheHeat
    @judasnixon said:
    Glenn get that duck.
    Maggie is so cute!
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell I knew that Rick was already crazy when he picked up the phone...anyone who's read the comics should've known where that plot device was going. Only two things really surprised me in this episode. One was Carol alive, which I was for sure thinking they had killed her off when T-Dogg had perished. Not to say she'll survive this season but then again, who can say that with certainty? On the other hand, it was how very steadfast and bloody Merle is. It almost seems like he has designs of taking the Governor out of power and taking Woodbury for himself but that's just my opinion. Just how he lied about taking out Michonne to him and all that got me to thinking. This episode definitely pulled the suspense up again from last week's lackluster episode.

Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

This show makes me want to throw up. Yet I still watch. Why??

Damn you Governor and Merle! Damn you!!!
    Let the appendages be!

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mega_spidey01

great episode so far, michonne and rick are my favorite characters right now ! i loved the scene where rick was on the phone, i thought he was too far gone.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By SavageDragon

Another great episode. This season has been awesome. Andrew Lincoln is a solid actor for sure.

Arcadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Arcadian

That scene of Rick holding the baby almost made me cry again. I loved the scene with Daryl and Carl and at the end where Daryl saves Carol. I hope they finally have a make out session ;) As for Glenn, hang in there bud - I'm scared that he'll have his hand cut off or he'll have to listen to Maggie's screams while the Governor... 'Experiments' with her. I hope nothing like that happens in the show.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

@KnightRise said:

Right now, Mischonne has no character development. She's all brood and stoic chin-raises. I'm looking forward to her getting more screentime and dialogue. I never read the comic. I regret looking up parts of it on the wiki, now I'm afraid for the TV show characters lives'...

Holy sh*t. I hope the Governor doesn't do to the group what I've read that he does! Rick needs that hand with Lorie gone....for guns.

You think the Governor will be the one to do it?

Rick was the one who cuffed Merle to the roof and forced him to cut off his hand. Maybe this will be a case of an eye for an eye? (Or hand, in this case). IT ALL COMES FULL CIRCLE!
    Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By theTimeStreamer

zombies have officially overstayed their welcome. get out now. come back in 10 years.

1frankcastle4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By 1frankcastle4

Carjulio

1frankcastle4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 1frankcastle4

gargulio

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danhimself

I have this feeling that Merle might not be as bad as he appears to be...there were moments last week where it almost appeared like he was second guessing the Governor's cruelty

I hate the direction that they've gone with Andrea in the show....it's almost like they don't know what to do with her character so they keep putting her in these really awkward positions that have made her a completely different version of her character in the book

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Did anyone else think the fight was pretty poorly choreographed? A kick to the groin blurred Merle's vision and Michonne was on the ground and coughing just because Merle fell on her?

That one fight scene aside, this season is absolutely demolishing last season. Andrew Lincoln is killing it.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28  Edited By Xanni15

Where are Duane and Morgan at?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#29  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

good episode but my least favorite of the season.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#30  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Some real bad bad things are going to happen to Maggie very soon

mickoreo_LZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mickoreo_LZ

@AlKusanagi said:

Exactly. My first thought was Maggie is gonna replace Michonne in one of the more brutal moments in the comics (which is saying something). Maggie is just so innocent though, the softie in me wants her to make it out unscathed

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By kuonphobos

If the show does explore similar content as the comic regarding the Guv and Michonne (now replaced by Maggie) I am sure it will be well watered down. At least I hope it will. And if it does I really want to know why the writers took that direction when the Guv already had Michonne somewhat subdued and they (writers) could have had the possible coming events happen to Michonne. Because of this I think they (writers) will just gloss over it if they even bring it up.

I think Merle is pure cheese. I know what he is supposed to be but the writing and acting just are not pulling it off for me. And that actor has played some good roles in the past so I am not blaming him.

Not really feelin' the episode thi time but I am anticipating the next few shows. I think this epidode really took a big step in the further separation between the comic and the tv show.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KnightRise

@Renchamp: lol timestreamer is never happy or optimistic about anything. I still think he just needs a hug.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By doordoor123

Crazy episode!

That start with Michonne just killing those guys so easily was insane. I didn't think they would actually go after her and I didn't think she would just slaughter them.

I know the high points of the show because I've heard so much from people who have read it, but this show tends to surprise me anyways.

k3vbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k3vbomb

Rick and Michonne will finally meet! Waiting on Tyrese now!

cuhcoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cuhcoast
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@cuhcoast said:

maggie is gonna get raped in the next episode and insult to injury , show gonna show the scene of her getting raped !

Wtf. Easy now, guy. Kind of creepy.

cuhcoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cuhcoast
    cuhcoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cuhcoast

@BiteMe-Fanboy: its fact man, wait till week

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@cuhcoast said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: its fact man, wait till week

Okay. Well I hope not, I like Maggie, and that's a little much.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Mercy_

@cuhcoast: Spoilers, man, if indeed that's gonna happen. In the future, please try and spoiler tag stuff like that, not everybody wants to know what's gonna happen next and some people haven't even started watching this season yet.

cuhcoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cuhcoast

@BiteMe-Fanboy: well im sorry bro, i like glen and maggie but the show is known to take dark turns

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.