The Walking Dead 2.12: "Better Angels" Recap

• 78 results
#51 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr:

#52 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

Predictions for next week's finale: The massive zombie horde causes the group to flee the farm, the episode ends with them stumbling across either

the prison, or Michonne and her pets.

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Yeah, like anybody watched Survival of the Dead...

#53 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21 said:

@LiquidSwords said:

COMMENCE THE NERD RAGE!!!!

I dug it! Don't care what you say, going to enjoy Walking Dead everyday!

WORD! (i concur).

Motto

#54 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasgasmic: I hope they don't find the prison... i think it's better if they end the season with them just on the road (that way, god forbid, if it's cancelled we don't get left on something of a cliffhanger). plus i want to see them on the road a bit more before the prison! the prison is supposed to represent the ideal living situation and to establish that i think they need to have been searching for it for a bit, not just moving in from the farm. :)

#55 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34927 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still going to miss getting to see Dales comic death on TV, he went out like such a BAMF in the comic, laughing all the way

#56 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@TheWholeDamnShow: I want Herschel's son to live just because the show needs more young guys. Glen's not enough!

The son is just total fodder now. They were giving him characterisation when they first introduced him when he was hunting for sophia with Rick's group and was lying about having herschel's permission. then he just fell into the background! i get the feeling he's maybe supposed to be Billy.

Since in the comic

most of Hershel's family die in the prison attack, i think they'll probably bring that idea forward to this season finale and on the farm because it's impossible to have a zombie attack finale without causalities and it seems getting rid of Herschel's family is probably feels like "the right time".
Actually, Hershel's family mostly died at the farm. His older daughter and I believe older son died after the zombies in the barn were release...hmmm...my memory of Hershel's family's deaths are kind of fuzzy. Did his younger son die during the prison attack and that's it? Also, were those two little girls that Dexter killed at the prison his granddaughters? I need someone else to verify this for me but I do know that it couldn't have been more than one, if not zero of Hershel's family that died in the prison attack.
#57 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr: In the comics he had a much bigger family...

In the prison I remember Billy and Patricia died, Otis died a few issues earlier. Maybe more, i just remember Herschel gave up because all his family were dying.
#58 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

Shane, you were the best of us, I'll never forget you,l'll always honor your memory. I swear it! I'll always honor your memory!

R.I.P. SHANE WALSH, you will be missed!

PS:This is the song Criminal by Disturbed, from their album Indestructible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA!!!!

#59 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

In the prison I remember Billy and Patricia died, Otis died a few issues earlier. Maybe more, i just remember Herschel gave up because all his family were dying.
I thought Otis was just some idiot who lived with him but then again I just remembered the character again after looking up wiki and reading about him shooting Carl. Also, I completely forgot about Patricia. I thought Hershel only had two daughters, with the oldest dying from the barn zombies.
#60 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupermanJohnathanKentJr: From a Walking Dead site:

"In the comic, the Greene family is much larger, consisting of three brothers (Two living), and four sisters. In the TV series however, there is one step-brother (deceased) and two sisters, Maggie and Beth."

#61 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

There hasnt been a bad episode yet. I refuse to read the series until the show is over.

I loved Shane (he was/is right) but he needed to be put down. I cant wait for next week.

#62 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantasgasmic: ::Chuckles;: Well by that reaction that means you at least had to have seen it, and kudos on the sarcastic tone, for I cannot help but agree with you that its the weakest link of all the Romero films.

#63 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

@Fantasgasmic: ::Chuckles;: Well by that reaction that means you at least had to have seen it, and kudos on the sarcastic tone, for I cannot help but agree with you that its the weakest link of all the Romero films.

Everything since Day of the Dead has taken a sharp tailspin into serious awful.
#64 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

He also had twins and another daughter who died in the barn. His twins were killed by Dex

#65 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Everything since Day of the Dead has taken a sharp tailspin into serious awful.

Very good point. Personally I think they started to gain some steam with 2007's Diary of the Dead which was far superior to 2005's Land of the Dead. And then Survival pretty much killed it far as I'm concerned. I'm afraid you're right, Romero should have just stopped it at Day. Price of success I suppose.

#66 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: I thought Diary was absolute garbage! The handling of concept and the characters were just horrible. But that's a discussion for another topic. :)

#67 Posted by StarKiller809 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if anybody was really liking Shane, but I'm glad that he died. I really liked how in the TV show Rick stabbed him. I also really liked Carl shooting him to because it was a nice little thing from the comic. I though this show would go down in quality when Darabont left, but I think it's picked up and now it's back on track. Was a little confused about the people who didn't get bit becoming zombie, but I guess I haven't gotten that far in the comics.

#68 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: I actually didn't watch it. I saw the trailer, and refused to believe Romero had anything to do with it, or had just totally lost his mind. After Land of the Dead, I was convinced Romero has been replaced by an alien robot body snatcher pod person... so I guess technically the alien robot body snatcher pod person lost its mind.

#69 Posted by KidSupreme (826 posts) - - Show Bio

AMAZING!! JAW DROPPING SHOW !

#70 Posted by ThomasElliot (369 posts) - - Show Bio

"What is she doing?! Lori confesses to Shane that she's responsible for putting Rick and Shane at odds. Then she continues to do so!"

Christ, I thought I was the ONLY person to catch this. Is this bad scripting intentional, or do the writers of the show not realize how stupidly hypocritical the entire scene was?

I like the show... its not as good as the comic though, but no big deal because the show is still ok in its own right. However... Carl NOT killing Shane completely changes some relationships and dynamics. Shane's death, in the comics, was NEVER about Shane's death... it was about what it meant. That the writers switched it up for the TV series meant they really didn't get what it meant because they focused more on just offing Shane. Its kind of like saying, "It doesn't matter WHO killed the Emperor at the end of Return of the Jedi, as long as the Emperor dies". No, not true... it makes a HUGE amount of difference.

But still, WD is a good TV series. Just don't compare to the books and its all real good.

#71 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall: Ha. I forgot about the scene where he got shitfaced in the shower. Shane and T-Dogg have odd showering habits.

#72 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry:

#73 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall: Shane had to stick it to Rick one final time.

#75 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@SexualLobster said:

Throughout the series they had walkers coming back without getting bit. I remember I found a few instances throughout the series. If you re-watch them, you'll see them too.

But I disagree with you about Lori. She can't just be like 'Oh hey shane, Rick's back, you're shit now'. Her apology and thanks in this episode made sense to me. She was trying to comfort him, maybe bring him back a bit from craziness.

No cursing, please.
#76 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

@hectorsquall: Ha. I forgot about the scene where he got shitfaced in the shower. Shane and T-Dogg have odd showering habits.

No cursing, please. 
#77 Posted by MichonneHack27 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't want to believe it but watching this and the new episode you're right. Lori's a flip flopper8/. You know if she wanted Shane all along she should have said something, even if he tried sexually assulting her8P

#78 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

I just rewatched this episode today and I found THIS on Youtube:

Looks like I'm not the only one who really liked Shane and wanted Carl dead :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.