Telltale Unveils Their Walking Dead Story Trailer

Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

If you can't get enough of The Walking Dead television series inspired by Kirkman's graphic novel, then you might want to consider checking out The Walking Dead video game by Telltale. The game, which is appropriately rate M for "blood, gore, intense violence and strong language" has a recently released new story trailer to give gamers a peek at what they can expect in a Walking Dead video game.

The game takes elements from Kirkman's story and creates a new one using similar elements. The premise is the same, but the story, central character and backstory of these characters will be different. The trailer below opens with a handcuffed man in the back of a police car, until the cop hits a zombie attempting to cross the street. This is just the beginning. What makes this game interesting is the fact that it takes a lot of the ideas we've seen in the graphic novel and the television show, but it introduces new characters. It gives you a clue into what the reaction of these characters were be. Would these different characters make the same decisions made by the characters we saw in the graphic novels?

If you're a fan of The Walking Dead, do you think this is an interesting story? Do you like what you've seen in the latest story trailer? Are you looking forward to playing the game from Telltale?

#1 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

Spooky and fun!! Will they have it in XBox 360?

#2 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Want. So much.

#3 Posted by BatClaw89 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Garbage!!!!

#4 Posted by pikahyper (12606 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty interesting, arts not bad but they could have done a little more to make it like the comic so its more identifiable. Hope they release some gameplay footage soon :)

#6 Posted by NightFang (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good.

#7 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Already have this pre-ordered.

@pikahyper:

If you go to the Telltale site, there is a bit of actual game play already up. It's shown in the Kirkman interview.

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

Skip to about 11:30

#8 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Buying my season pass for PSN!!

#9 Posted by Mekboy (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a full game?

#10 Posted by The Impersonator (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatClaw89 said:

Garbage!!!!

O_____O?

#11 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually became bored with THE WALKING DEAD TV series. I'm just not attached to any of the characters anymore.

I will probably never play this since I don't really download full games to my PS3, and I bought the DLC pass for UNCHARTED 3 already. If they were to put this on disc. DAMN, I would want this. It looks incredible. It looks to really have a lot of interesting character drama. Makes me curious what game play is like.

#12 Posted by Danial79 (2354 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks ok. I'll give the demo a try at least.

#13 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

on my list of things to do

#14 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (573 posts) - - Show Bio

@revbucky said:

Spooky and fun!! Will they have it in XBox 360?

April 27.

I really enjoyed the game but it's definitely not 8.5 or 9/10 material. Gameplay was quite boring but story wise was interesting. It was relatively short too but at least there's 4 more episodes to look forward to. It was also cool seeing a character that was shown in the comic only as a zombie.

#15 Posted by Wesley1500 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I will buy it, and hope that it doesn't suck.

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my Lord...Thank GOD there is going to be a Microsoft Windows version of this game! I'm so getting it! Graphics are neat and it looks quite playable!

#17 Posted by fivestarga (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't really want to play as a black man but whatever...
#18 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@fivestarga: Can I say wtf NOT?

If you even bothered to look into this post & follow the WALKING DEAD

- then you would have known its Story Driven - & -

Obviously this Character has a rich background & a story worth following!

#19 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatClaw89: Then do better BatBrain! or stop posting uninformed and unintelligent drivel - If you want to actually play and give an informed personal review or comment that would not only benefit those of us that have not had a chance to play it - that would be nice.

#20 Posted by ntlech (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I played the first episode and it was enjoyable. It seem that there are going to be a plethora of different chooses yuo can make that will change the way the story shapes. I am already going back to play through the first episode and picking different options to see the outcome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.