Should the Walking Dead comic be in color or black and white?

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Tell me what you guys think:

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Black and white for sure. I think it would take away from the overall value of the story if it were to include color. For me, I've always viewed it like watching an old 1940s movie whenever I read a Walking Dead comic, which I think is pretty cool. Awesome video by the way :)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Black and white for sure. I think it would take away from the overall value of the story if it were to include color. For me, I've always viewed it like watching an old 1940s movie whenever I read a Walking Dead comic, which I think is pretty cool. Awesome video by the way :)

I agree, I think the colour would ruin the affect the book is going for. I even would go as far as saying the TV show should be in black and white.
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@spiderbat87 said:

I agree, I think the colour would ruin the affect the book is going for. I even would go as far as saying the TV show should be in black and white.

I just thought of that! I mean..if the show is is this good in color, imagine how it would be in b&w? It would be like Natural Born Killers was..except no Woody Harrelson, hehe. Or even like George Romero's original Night of the Living Dead.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@spiderbat87 said:

I just thought of that! I mean..if the show is is this good in color, imagine how it would be in b&w? It would be like Natural Born Killers was..except no Woody Harrelson, hehe. Or even like George Romero's original Night of the Living Dead.

Or Sin City
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Billy Batson

It's perfect at the way it is.
    BB

airbound_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By airbound_dude

it's great in black and white, plus it's cheaper for image comics as well. I personally like to pay attention to details, it gives it a special notch to the series.

Dork_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Dork_Lord

A lot of my favorite comics (including JTHM and Stray Bullets) have been in black and white, and Walking Dead is no exception. There's a lot of reasons to keep it in B&W, and not too many advantages I can think of to colorizing it. Including those already mentioned, there's also the gore factor. There's a lot of blood in this book, and if that were in color, it might overshadow all the great story and characterization. That would be a shame, because I think of this book as a statement on the human condition, not just a mindless splatterfest. So yeah, I'm add my vote to the B&W tally.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By DonFelipe

: gore vs human condition - that's a good point. Thinking about it that's exactly what I like about TWD, too, although I do like gory movies. Wasn't the TV series supposed to be in b/w as well but the network (or so) insisted on color unfortunately?

I think TWD is awesome as it is. Colored cover - b/w pages. That's all we need.

Batman's b/w volumes are great, too. Thanks for mentioning JTHM. I had never heard of it before and will check it out soon.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Color, i can't stand watching/reading black and white

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.