Becoming a zombie after death

cracker_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cracker_jack

In reference to tonights episode of Walking Dead, since when do you become a zombie just from being killed? I thought you had to be infected by a zombie?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

in the book they discovered that everyone has the virus already all you need is to die to come back...doesn't matter how

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

This is probably what the guy at the CDC told Rick

Rick knows....

a couple of episodes ago I remember them examining a body and the cadaver just had a scratch and still became a zombie, though they never spoke of it again

cracker_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cracker_jack

@danhimself: I thought the virus is why zombies don't attack each other, but if everyone is a carrier of the virus then why do they attack?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By danhimself

@cracker_jack: the current theory is that zombies don't attack each other because of the smell

cracker_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cracker_jack

@danhimself: That's understandable. I don't eat meat that smells rotten neither.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

@cracker_jack: yeah I suppose so...with everyone having the virus already it also explains how the world went to crap so quickly

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I have another 90 mins to see the episode...but to date from what I saw in the last show, ti seems that only dying causes zombification, not the bite. Biting makes it seem too Resident Evilish or something else. No, Kirkman's and Romero's original interpretations are the best for what causes the zombie making process.

Avatar image for herroyalfineness
    herroyalfineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By herroyalfineness

I am no expert on the zombie matter all all but in regards to The Walking Dead, I thinks someone needs to hold up the zombie virus to a little scientific experimentation or at least morbid curiosity. I get that this is fiction but nothing can exist eternally. these zombies don't eat out of a survival necessity. They are merely deceased organic vehicles that were once inhabited by souls. the reanimation is just of the brain stem- just pure, base id. Michonne's jawless, armless captives prove that they don't need to eat at all. Here are my questions: How long can a zombie confined to a cell in solitary confinement "live" if it is unwatered and unfed? Years?...Months?... Can they be drowned? If frozen, do they keep on ticking once thawed? Can they be poisoned? how long does the caged, decapitated head of a zombie last? Can our survivors figure out a way to wait out this virus?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.