Comics/Cosmo Juxtapose for Nina Dobrev

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

No real topic here really, just more of an observation. With the increasing crossover of other media into comics (notably television) it is more common to have mainstream real life stars show up in comics. This takes places with a lot of series, notably among them from science fiction and fantasy genres, as for instance the visage of Sarah Michelle Gellar or Eliza Dushku has shown up on many covers thanks to their association with Buffy. This is equally the case with Nina Dobrev in the new DC series The Vampire Diaries, which is based on the show. I don't really have the mindset of a person that wants to be famous for their appearance, but I imagine that those who do regard being on magazine covers as a sign of having "made it." That being the case, in September of last year Nina appeared on two covers, one for a comic and one for Cosmopolitan. I am not sure if that has ever happened before, but even if yes, it is probably quite uncommon

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SC  Moderator

I am crossing my fingers that when the Richard Feynman graphic novel was released he may also have been on the cover of any number of science magazines that month also. He appears regularly in Manhattan Projects, just not on any of the covers. Sounds like an interesting CV list possibly. I'd guess Kristen Stewart, President Obama and Samuel L Jackson are strong contenders for dual comic and magazine cover appearances in one month nominations.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

@sc: So I guess you are not expecting Feynman on the cover of Cosmo? :P

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3 SC  Moderator

@razzatazz: Unfortunately no, unless maybe Cosmo and New Scientist could do a cross over and feature their usual cover models on each others respective covers. Could be a fun way to cross promote each other.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.