gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

Can I start by saying I really like this series? Don't we all love a good mobster story? That's what we have here. This is a slightly different take on things. The mob has a lot more power in this world. With the focus being on one of the families and a young man, Valentine Gallo, who recently became a made man, we're seeing this life isn't always easy. Valentine has found himself in a heap of trouble. Watching this story unfold has been a treat.

Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming are great storytellers. With each issue, and yes, there's only been three so far, I find myself more and more fascinated with the characters and story. The glimpses of history we get are great. I want to know more about this world. With this just the beginning, I've already found a comfortable chair to sit back and enjoy what I hope will be a long long series.

Oeming's art is great to see. I wouldn't want to see any of these characters drawn by someone else. His layouts and use of shadows to heighten the mood has me hooked. It's alway a bummer when you realize you've reached the final page.

The Bad

I'm having a blast with this series. I'm enjoying that we're getting a different world with a different focus in themes.

The Verdict

THE UNITED STATES OF MURDER INC is one of my favorite new series this year. Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming have proven in the past what they can do together. They're doing it again with a fascinating take on the world of mobsters. There's plenty of action, violence, and suspense to be found. This really is a series you'll want to check out. You'll be happy you did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Is this an ongoing?

Avatar image for barstoolprophet
    BarstoolProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This book fills the sweet nourishing hole that the uneven production of Powers leaves. Great story, awesome art, Bendis and Oeming are doing great things here.

@dagmar_merrill

I believe so:)

adamhollander4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am absolutely loving what Bendis is doing on this title. I think Bendis' earlier stuff before he finished his run on Daredevil was where he really excelled and I am glad that he is getting back to his roots. Great stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This reads like a film to me. The characters are so deftly presented and I already feel an affinity for them. I thought I knew the direction this book would take but I've been proven wrong, and in a good way.

The art isn't just good, it's meant for this story. One of my favourite comics right now, top tier level.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.