mrunknown's The Uncanny X-Men #538 - Breaking Point, Part 4 review

You're absolutely at the tip-top of our list of people to come an

...d menace us all in our sleep."

This issue was actually a bit underwhelming compared to the previous ones. After everything that happened last issue, it seemed as if Powerlord Kruun was going to pose as a serious challenge to the X-men. All that we got, however, is a fight with Wolverine that ends too quickly. Then, the X-men reservoir unit arrives and the fight is over before it starts.

This issue somewhat requires having read Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men run or otherwise parts of it won’t any sense. But, there is one thing that does settle by the end of the issue. Other than that, the art is great and Gillen’s gets the X-men’s dialogue well, maybe you can guess who speaks the title of this review?

Left wondering about what gets settled in this issue?

P.S. Is Magneto still locked in the closet?

Posted by The Poet

Well done on your first review!

Magneto is in the closet? ;) what? (just kidding)

Moderator
Posted by MrUnknown
@The Poet: Kruun locked him in a closet two issues ago and we didn't see him in this issue. So I guess he's still there, you know? XD
Posted by JonesDeini
@MrUnknown said:
LMAO I'm sure in all the excitement he and Box got forgotten lol
Posted by MrUnknown
@JonesDeini said:
@MrUnknown said:
LMAO I'm sure in all the excitement he and Box got forgotten lol
Yes that's what I think happened. But it makes it funny that he wasn't even cameo-ed in any of the panels that might lead the readers to think that he got out somehow. I'm not sure if this was an accident or deliberate attempt.