dark_noldor's The Uncanny X-Men #537 - Breaking Point, Part 3 review

Not just revenge

I reckon Kruun had a long time on his own to think of a plan on how to defeat the X-Men, get even with Colossus and Kitty and most important of all, clean his heavy, ugly conscience that he failed his people by letting Breakworld fall - i liked a lot the pace of this issue, Gillen really nailed in the Hitchcock and thrill genre going on, also from the beginning he set the kind of dynamics and action which would be expected from the issue, with a twist in the end, so it´s great reading a comic book that you know what your are reading about, in this case it´s about screaming silence and bleeding violence, just like the cover perfectly framed - the Dodsons are a fantastic team and Ponsor´s colors just make everything more beautiful - I loved this issue because it´s about two of the most important and interesting X-Men ever: Kitty Pryde and Piotr Rasputin and I sincerely hope for that next issue a final solution for Kitty´s condition will be provided, allowing her to interact again - this was a very intelligent issue, proving that Gillen had put a lot of thought in this story, that show us a very cunning, meticulous and bloodthirsty Kruun, not invincible, far from it, that has stumbled in some metal he wasn´t really expecting for, but a relentless enemy nonetheless. Highly recommended!
4 out 5