a_o_n's The Uncanny X-Men #536 - Breaking Point, Part 2 review

• a_o_n wrote this review on .
  • a_o_n has written a total of 8 reviews. The last one was for The Worthy

Scott Summers, annointed savior of the alley cats!

Cover: Not too appealing. I don't like heroes being beat and on the floor on the cover, and it seems to happen a lot recently.

Good: Gillen gives strong characterization to the X-men. Cyclops, Emma, Kitty, Colossus and Magneto are the only X-men that appear in this issue. And, the issue manages to distribute time proportionately among the characters. Gillen's run seems to have begun strong.

Bad: Not necessarily, but the plot twist in the last few pages is a bit risky. It betrays how Gillen portrays the character at the beginning of the issue. It could create for an interesting development.

Overall: I'm excited for Gillen run on the X-men. However, the momentum could be lost as Uncanny goes on break next month, so we'll have to wait two months for the next issue.
Posted by JonesDeini

Two month break?! Damn you, Matt Fraction!!!! You and your hammers won't rest til you've touched all I love :'(

Posted by A_O_N
@JonesDeini:
@A_O_N said:
" @JonesDeini:  Matt Fraction is no longer the writer for Uncanny X-men. I'm not sure about the two month break; I might have messed up in checking the solicits. But if there isn't an issue this month, there's two coming next month so it's not a big deal. "
I'm well aware he's not the writer anymore, but he is the writer of  Fear Itself which I think is the reason Uncanny is being pushed back (if it is) so that there can be a Fear Itself X-Men. An alternative to this could be because Kieron Gillen has one more title under his belt now that Fraction left Thor and it's become Journey Into Mystery again. I think it's reasonable to assume it is going to be delayed considering that two issues came out last month. However, I've noticed that Marvel's solicits are a lot less accurate than DC's as far as month to month forecasting goes so we shall see.
Posted by A_O_N
@JonesDeini:
Yea Marvel's site has been horrible this past year. I liked the aesthetics of it a lot before. Though, it seems to have been getting better organized now but nothing like it was before.
@A_O_N:
Word, bro. I try to coordinate my comic purchase along side my bills. But marvel always throws me off because something will be in store that wasn't listed on the site until the day of or day after.