timrothsays's The Uncanny X-Men #520 - Nation-X: Chapter 6 review

Uncanny X-Men #520

Whoa... I've never been a huge Fraction's Uncanny X-Men fan. Thou, there were some horrible issues. But this... This turned my comic world upside down.

I am fully convinced that Terry Dodson's artwork is more suitable for Matt's storytelling. Just look at the cover. But, surprisely, this month Land jumped over his head (obviously affected a break in two issues). Sharp, thin lines, expressive faces (although, I'm not a fan of his "photographic" style) - all of it makes an unique charm, floaty appeal to the art. Trust me - haters gonna grit their teeth.

And I can forgive nearly everything for a "new" Magneto. His plan looks, reads and perceives barely gorgeous. Likewise not paying attention to some surprising guest from the Morrison's X-age. I actually LOVE Fantomex with his first appereances in New X-Men #128 and always thought it was unfair that writers have forgotten him. I'm very grateful to Jason Aaron and Matt Fraction for bringing Charlie back to comics.

So, i would never began writing this review, but # 520 struck me very deeply and made me not to throw the series. Also, now it is purely clear HOW Kitty Pryde will come back to Marvel-U. Still too much unrequired pathos & tinsel, i think...

Posted by MichaeltheFly

You know even with out the hole Kitty Pride returning, I would have still read the issue because I want to know what happens to Cyclops. Even so who doesn't like a bonus. Another great review, they are becoming a habit.

Edited by timrothsays
@Michael the Fly said:

"what happens to Cyclops "

nothing interesting, really.
all attention is focused on Wolverine/Psylocke/Colossus & Magneto

now it's my hobby
Posted by MichaeltheFly

At least we get to see more of this Fantomex, Iheared he was supposed to be the Marvel version of Diabolik.

Posted by timrothsays
@Michael the Fly: You mean, you've not read New X-Men by Grant Morrison?
Posted by MichaeltheFly
@timrothsays: No, should I ?
Posted by timrothsays
@Michael the Fly: duuuude, that's not funny
YOU SHOULD! One of my favourite 00' series
Posted by MichaeltheFly
@timrothsays: Are you referring to this New X-men series?
@Michael the Fly: nope
to this
Posted by MichaeltheFly
@timrothsays: wasn't this the series where Beast is possessed by a germ and Casandra Nova becomes the Phoenix.
@Michael the Fly:
beak beat him with a bat, right
Posted by MichaeltheFly
@timrothsays: Wasn't he Beak's grand son or something.
@Michael the Fly:
Sorry, but I did not understand the question. Beast?
@timrothsays said:
" @Michael the Fly:  beak beat him with a bat, right "
I was asking you if the grandson of Barnell Bohusk (Beak) was in that comic book series. As for Beast,didn't he became possessed by Sublime?
Posted by timrothsays
@Michael the Fly: My bad :)
Yes, you're absolutely right
Posted by MichaeltheFly
@timrothsays: I remember reading something about that series, was it that good?
Posted by timrothsays
@Michael the Fly: Yep. I like it pretty much. in my opinion - one of the best Grant Morrison's work, actually...
Posted by MichaeltheFly
@timrothsays: maybe i should give it a try.