Follow

The Twelve

Team » The Twelve appears in 26 issues.

A team of heroes of the 1940's kidnapped by the Nazis and revived in the present day.

Is anyone else following this run?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Erik

On top of that, is anyone enjoying it? I really enjoyed most of it but there are a few characters I don't even care at all about. I really like Captain Wonder, Phantom Reprter, and Black Widow. The others I really think the stories are too slow. Any thoughts?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm diggin' the series.  It does feel slow at times.  It also feels like it's not coming out on a consistent schedule.  And as for the slowness, I'm still waiting to see who killed Blue Blade.  I do wonder where they're going to go with it.  Will it have any sort of life after the 12th issue?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Erik

I honestly would like to see my favorites in other comics as well to give them more exposure. But I agree with you G~man on the Blue Blade thing. Not too broken up abou thim dying though.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the creator

G~man said:

"I'm diggin' the series.  It does feel slow at times.  It also feels like it's not coming out on a consistent schedule.  And as for the slowness, I'm still waiting to see who killed Blue Blade.  I do wonder where they're going to go with it.  Will it have any sort of life after the 12th issue?"

I mirror this.

Although I have enjoyed the run so far, I wonder what future the characters have in the Marvel Universe.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I was reading it but I haven't picked up any since 5. I liked it, I just didn't feel motivated to keep going.

reaper75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By reaper75
    'm loving the concept of the series but JMS is dragging a few things out.
    KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

Picked up this book, a little while ago, found it pretty interesting, I liked how they brought back ancient characters, that had been forgotten in time.

I especially like Black Widow character, just because I like all dark themed characters, she made deal with devil, she is goth and she kills people very messily, that's dark enough for me. She is actually the main reason I went back and looked up older issues, so I got all of them right now. I really hope that they use at least most popular characters from this book and use them in other books.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erik

I miss this series. It is a shame that it never had a real chance. It did not even get to finish the story arc. It dealt with issues that Captain America should have been dealing with when they thawed him. Ultimate Captain America seemed to have the struggles these character have. But 616 Captain America never seemed to. 

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@erik: aren't they finishing this? I could've sworn I just saw a solicit in Previews for the twelfth issue
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Erik
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " @erik: aren't they finishing this? I could've sworn I just saw a solicit in Previews for the twelfth issue "
    As far as I knew, they stopped after issue 8. That is the last one my local comic shop carried. 
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Kairan1979

I followed it. I enjoyed The Twelve: Operation Spearhead, but it wasn't enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.