Follow

The Titans

Team » The Titans appears in 1009 issues.

Originally consisting of former members of the Teen Titans, the Titans focused on the now 20 something ex-members. Having reformed with a similar roster during the Wolfman/Perez era, the team broke up as the members all went their separate ways. They have recently reformed once again.

Blackest Night: Titans #1 REVIEWED

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Here comes another Blackest Night tie-in.  Did you read it yet?  Think about the Teen Titans.  There's been so many characters that have died over the years.  It's almost like, why would you want to join their team?  While this issue mainly focuses on the current Hawk & Dove, we also see some continuation from Blackest Night #2.  Remember the scene with Hank and Don Hall?  What will this mean for the current Hawk & Dove?  And what about that cover?  We know Terra's dead.  Hmmm...

You can say that this issue delivered the goods.  There almost seemed to be too much going on.  J.T. Krul does a nice job writing all the different characters and bringing them to life.  Ed Benes' art is amazing.  The art and color on the cover almost jump out at you.  Maybe part of it is the glossier/thicker cover DC used (and still only charged $2.99).  I am definitely looking forward to issue #2.
    Avatar image for the_amazing_spider_boy
    The Amazing Spider-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ewww dead tounge action. 
    XD 
    Nasty 

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NightFang3

So Dove could be a White Lantern and Beast Boy is a Necrophilia ?

The Black Hood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The Black Hood

I'm really glad this issue looks to be good.  I'm a big DC fan but the one book I haven't been able to get into is Titans.  I still read Teen Titans even though that's started to grate on me a bit as well.  This mini looks like it worth picking up though if for no other reason that I get to see Bart.  For whatever reason I've always dug Impulse.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

this book was great and Ed Benes' art just made it even better....I can't wait for more Blackest Night tie-in's and more Ed Benes art

also one thing to remember is that the Dove's are the embodiements of Peace so that may have a lot to do with why Don wouldn't rise and why BL Hawk couldn't read Dove

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was the song you played when you showed Hawk (Male)?
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Media_Master

The art really comes out at ya and nothing like zombie kissing makes my day!!

The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By The Sadhu

Dove having a white aura adds validity to my theory on the coming of the White Lanterns! 

I know I'm not the only one who's thought of this possibility...
    Skies327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skies327

Black zombie slobber. Tasty.

Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Citizen 14

I really liked this issue. 
    The ending was crazy.
    Also, I loved the fact that the BL couldn't read Dove.  Very cool.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Vortex13

Of course in reality she wouldn't have a tongue because it would have rotted or been eaten by insects early on.

Necrosis is a hobby of mine.

Avatar image for batman_collector_12345
    batman collector 12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they will stop at this tie in. I can't keep up with all these blackest night comics.
    I have to get all the blackest night because it is the best mini series i have ever read.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Nahero

thats interesting im guessing both dove's have this immunity to the black lantern power which means the previous dove can't be risen while the current dove cannot be indentified by her emotion. 

im hoping to see powerboy not that i like him

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

This issue was amazing.

Avatar image for the_renegade_spider
    The Renegade Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the same reason Don wasn't resurrected is the same reason why Hank didn't see an emotion in the new Dove. Maybe the reason he wasn't brought back was because he didn't feel the emotions in the color spectrum. There are other emotions than just the lantern ones and maybe being a Dove predetermines you to which ever one that its selflessness or generosity who knows but I think it is liked to the way the BLs will be defeated.

KCsuperman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KCsuperman09

G-man ware did you get the krusty o's lol and how did they taste

Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123

I have that figure of Man-Bat!!!
    Racer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Racer_X

looks pretty cool

MJ Styles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MJ Styles

I'm a big fan of (Teen) Titans and everything, but I wasn't sure if I should pick up the issue.   Now I will.  HA.  Thanks G-Man!

Blossom Top

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blossom Top

Picking this up tomorrow =D

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Dark Cell

Looks interesting
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AngelFrost

I thought the Lantern corpse was like ... made up of the colours of the rainbow? White isn't a colour, so it will be silly for their to be a White Lantern corpse.

Anyways,  
    Anybody want to mail me some spoilers? ;)   
    Like, Who is going to die? - like G-Man said. 
    Who has come back?   

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nahero
    @AngelFrost said:

" I thought the Lantern corpse was like ... made up of the colours of the rainbow? White isn't a colour, so it will be silly for their to be a White Lantern corpse.  Anyways,   Anybody want to mail me some spoilers? ;)    Like, Who is going to die? - like G-Man said.  Who has come back?    "

the same can be said about black 

but you are right
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23  Edited By Comiclove5

I seem to disagree with ign alot, and agree with comicvine on just about everything. So I'm picking this up.
    PeteyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PeteyParker

I KNEW IT!!!! Thats how it has to end. White Lanterns........it makes sense. Hal Jordan has already had at least a little time with each lantern color other than Indigo and Violet. Just add those two and Hal becomes the first White lantern that can purge the Black lanterns' infection..........but just a theory for right now.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Nahero said:
    " @AngelFrost said:

" I thought the Lantern corpse was like ... made up of the colours of the rainbow? White isn't a colour, so it will be silly for their to be a White Lantern corpse.  Anyways,   Anybody want to mail me some spoilers? ;)    Like, Who is going to die? - like G-Man said.  Who has come back?    "

the same can be said about black   but you are right "
    Exactly,  Black Lantern Corpse was a big enough mistake as it is.  So they shouldn't make more dumb ones which are completely out of context like White Lantern Corpse, lol.
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nahero
    @PeteyParker said:

" I KNEW IT!!!! Thats how it has to end. White Lanterns........it makes sense. Hal Jordan has already had at least a little time with each lantern color other than Indigo and Violet. Just add those two and Hal becomes the first White lantern that can purge the Black lanterns' infection..........but just a theory for right now. "

can we please not jump to conclusions were not even half way to the end of the blackest night

whats clear hear is that i can assume that there are other like Dove who's emotion can't be read by a black lantern giving him/her an advantage
    Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Satyrquaze

It's good to see Hank Hall again. I was a bit put off when Geoff Johns killed him off in JSA.
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28  Edited By Comiclove5
    @Nahero:
    Excatly lets not therorize and just enjoy the series.
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nahero
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @Nahero said:
    " @AngelFrost said:

Exactly,  Black Lantern Corpse was a big enough mistake as it is.  So they shouldn't make more dumb ones which are completely out of context like White Lantern Corpse, lol. "
    im not gonna say the Black Lantern's are dumb but im gonna say that if they do make a White lantern they better be very elaborate about it so that way my open mindedness can let it slide
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Nahero said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    " @Nahero said:
    " @AngelFrost said:

Exactly,  Black Lantern Corpse was a big enough mistake as it is.  So they shouldn't make more dumb ones which are completely out of context like White Lantern Corpse, lol. "
    im not gonna say the Black Lantern's are dumb but im gonna say that if they do make a White lantern they better be very elaborate about it so that way my open mindedness can let it slide "
    Well what I mean is I'm pleased with the storyline of the Black Lanterns. But, they made the whole concept of the Lanterns being the colours of the Rainbow and Emotion. Yet, they distrupt the whole concept by Adding Black Lanterns, which aren't a colour of the rainbow and their emotion is 'death'  which isn't an emotion.
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nahero
    @AngelFrost said:

" @Nahero said:

" @AngelFrost said:
    " @Nahero said:
    " @AngelFrost said:

im not gonna say the Black Lantern's are dumb but im gonna say that if they do make a White lantern they better be very elaborate about it so that way my open mindedness can let it slide "
    Well what I mean is I'm pleased with the storyline of the Black Lanterns. But, they made the whole concept of the Lanterns being the colours of the Rainbow and Emotion. Yet, they distrupt the whole concept by Adding Black Lanterns, which aren't a colour of the rainbow and their emotion is 'death'  which isn't an emotion. "
    death is outside the spectrum and black is a combo of colors

so the idea was to make something opposite of what weve seen so far
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Zoom

FINALLY!  A Hawk and Dove writer that actually READ Hawk and Dove!  Its been so long since anyone has gotten Dove's powers right and so since I've gotten to read Hank Hall talking like Hank Hall (First Rule: Don't Mess with Hawk).  Plus its nice to get rid of...that one thing that's been bugging me about Hawk and Dove comics lately.

Too bad Krul didn't read a single Titans story during the 90s.  Tara Markov is long gone.  Gar fought alongside Terra II for three times as long and nobody seems to notice she's dead.  The entire "Beast Boy is still in love with Terra" plot point is absurd.  He wasn't even in love with her in fhe first place.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By Supreme Marvel

He may have watched the Teen Titans series a lot.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Nahero said:
    " @AngelFrost said:

" @Nahero said:

" @AngelFrost said:
    " @Nahero said:
    " @AngelFrost said:

Well what I mean is I'm pleased with the storyline of the Black Lanterns. But, they made the whole concept of the Lanterns being the colours of the Rainbow and Emotion. Yet, they distrupt the whole concept by Adding Black Lanterns, which aren't a colour of the rainbow and their emotion is 'death'  which isn't an emotion. "
    death is outside the spectrum and black is a combo of colors  so the idea was to make something opposite of what weve seen so far "
    Because Death is not an emotion, it is an event in someones life. You can't 'feel' Death. But you can feel  'will'  'love' and the others that the Lanterns represent.

Also, Black is a result of no colour, as it is Hueless.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zoom
    @Supreme Marvel said:
    "He may have watched the Teen Titans series a lot. "
    Which is a freaking disease that many Titans writers seem to have contracted. 

Even sixth graders are taught not to watch the movie of the book.  It isn't the same.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By cascadeking09

does anybody else think the cover look nasty?

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AngelFrost
    @cascadeking09:  I do, lol.     I loved seing Terra again :)  and I wouldn't have minded the tongue, it was just, the black saliva coming out was gross.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cascadeking09
    @AngelFrost: its not just the saliva, the way her body looks grosses me out too.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AngelFrost
    @cascadeking09:  I guess that's the idea, lol.  Since he is kissing a zombie.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cascadeking09
    @AngelFrost: of coarse, but still.was beastboy grossed out or was he ok with it?
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AngelFrost
    @cascadeking09:  Well, she appeared to him in her normal form at the start.  And I guess the sight of seeing his true love would be too much for him and so he probably didn't realise she turned into a skanky, skin-melting corpse.
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nahero

no im pretty sure it has to do with love in general and ya know love transcends appearance and differences

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zoom
    @Nahero said:
    "no im pretty sure it has to do with love in general and ya know love transcends appearance and differences "
    If by love you meant "Hanging out for a few months and kissing one time when she didn't mean it" and by differences you mean "she tried to kill me and all my friends" then sure, I agree.
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#44  Edited By Mbecks14

I liked it. but i would only say 3. But honestly there are more dead titans then there are living ones so titans tie in was a good call.

but with dove. i think since the point of dove is PEACE, just like Hawk is WAR, that's why he cant rise. and i am very against this white lantern concept. would i be upset if it happened? no. but i think people are trying to hard to find justification for white lanterns.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.