Follow

The Tick

Character » The Tick appears in 190 issues.

Protector of The City along with his trusty sidekick Arthur. He is nigh invulnerable, super strong, and always claims to be chosen by Destiny itself.

The Tick

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bruce Vain

I'm sure I'm not alone on this, but I always felt that the Tick tv show got the shaft pretty early without giving it a chance. Fox made a bad move by canceling it. But then again they're known for doing that to other shows, like Family Guy & Futurama. So I'm curious would you fellow ' Viners like to see the Tick return ? Would you prefer it comeback as a show again or a movie ?  And who would you like to see make an appearance that wasn't on the show ? For me I would love to see Chairface Chip n' Dale. 

Also, Patrick Warburton still expresses interest of playing The Tick again. So hey we wouldn't have to worry about him wanting to or not wanting to play the Tick again.  =)
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd say something but a certain user here will probably go psycho on me again ;)

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "I'd say something but a certain user here will probably go psycho on me again ;)"

Lol don't be scurred - you have the right to express yourself.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

id love to see the tick back on tv in either live action or animated form
    Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bearded Justice

This was one of the funniest shows Ive ever seen.  Id love to see it come back as either movie or show.  Warburton is an awesome Tick! 
    Id love to see Chairface too.  This needs to happen.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bruce Vain: k. well in short there was a thread about what show should never have been canceled and thats was my pick. way, way to much good talent invested in it and way to early an end (i still say the President pre-empting it for  a speech was the big reason it went down). id love to see it return with as much of the same cast and crew as possible. i may be bias being that im a huge Tick fan (loving the new comic BTW). characters i would want to see are Chairface (naturally), Chainsaw Vigilante, Dinosaur Neil, Multiple Santa, and Ticks moustache.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Bruce Vain: k. well in short there was a thread about what show should never have been canceled and thats was my pick. way, way to much good talent invested in it and way to early an end (i still say the President pre-empting it for  a speech was the big reason it went down). id love to see it return with as much of the same cast and crew as possible. i may be bias being that im a huge Tick fan (loving the new comic BTW). characters i would want to see are Chairface (naturally), Chainsaw Vigilante, Dinosaur Neil, Multiple Santa, and Ticks moustache.

"

Agreed - just an utter waste and a shame to not have seen this show continued. I mean you had Barry Sonnenfeld as an Executive Producer & who directed the Pilot . Who said was one of the best things he ever directed. Which to me was the right guy to be behind the Tick. He has the right style and humor for Tick. My only complaint on the show was we didn't see Tick really whoop some ass. But everything else was great.. I mean Tick & Arthur were just spot on. Nestor as Bat-Manuel was hilarious and just had the best lines on the show ( "I'm Batmanuel size ! " ) Maybe Barry & Patrick will consider making Tick into a big feature film since the character and the show has a cult following. But then again that's just wishful thinking on my part. & will probably never happened. What made it really sucked to see this get cancelled was that each episode was getting better & better. Just like the tv show The Flash.  

Man I haven't read a Tick comic book in forever. Last time I read one was when he made a transition into color. So yea it's been awhile lol. - Definitely would love to see Chainsaw & Neil. It was nice to see Mad Eating Cow get mentioned in the pilot. For me for the little minor characters I would like to see is Tick's wooden sidekick he had and that ugly pug looking dog he had lol.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bruce Vain: 
    ah. you for one should definatly be checking out the current series then. pretty easy to get your Tick fix
    as its only up to issue #3 right now. here's a taste.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @CATMANEXE:
    HA HA HA HA - Oh man I definitely need to pick this up. Glad I'm not too behind then.  

Since we're reminiscing on the Tick I had to watch a few Tick episodes youtube. Both animated and live version :-). I just watched the Chairface one with him writing his name on the moon. 

Ha Ha a buddy of mine keeps telling me he wants to get me in a Tick costume (nothing sexual now lol ). I'd be down for one if I can find a good one like Patrick's.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bruce Vain: 
    I would so wear a Tick costume. even if it wasn't Halloween. i would take a trip to the 
    Mall Of America just to go up and down elevators, wave at people and jump off of things in it.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @CATMANEXE:
    LOL I would do that as well , and when it was time for work just throw on a tie and glasses. And you're good to go.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach

the tick was awesome, I miss that show.

CaptinAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaptinAwesome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.