Follow

The Thanos Imperative

Story arc »

Thanos, the harbinger of Death, has unexpectedly been resurrected! And with his return, another great evil looms upon the 616 universe. What is Thanos' purpose, what is his motive, which side will he be on... and what does this mean for the universe? Read more below...

lord mar-vell's power base

jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jec777

when lord was attemping to kill thanos, did mar-vell have the infinity gauntlet on?  was this the source of his powers?  or was it borrowed from the gods of the cancerverse.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

He didn't have anything. Mar-Vell is a bad ass. He's defeated Thanos before. 

Also, keep in mind, Thanos wasn't fighting back. When he was fighting, he was tearing Mar-Vell up. Thanos gave up and wanted to die to bring Death there. 
    jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jec777

it looks a lot like the infinity gauntlet.    
    jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jec777

marv-vell did beat thanos in the past but not directly.  he smashed the cosmic cube and that is what beat thanos.  mar-vell was nowhere near the same level as thanos.  thanos imperative thanos is much more powerful than when he fought mar-vell in the past.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

The whole thing was a little convoluted. He was performing a ritual to kill Death like he did in his universe. That does look like the IG, but I'm not so certain that's what it is. I could be wrong. All the "dark gods" were assisting him in some way with the ritual, but when Death showed up she killed him. I don't think that's what was supposed to happen. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. 

Unfortunately, Thanos Imperative was pretty sub par. 
    jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jec777

i agree.  it was a glorified what if.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.