gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    Thanos is back! Yes he's returned a couple months ago in the pages of Guardians of the Galaxy but now he has a book with his name in the title. I don't know what it is about this guy with the ugly mug but ever since I first read his "resurrection" in the early 90s in the pages of Silver Surfer, I started digging Thanos. I went back and read some of his earlier appearances from the 70s and really started liking him as this ultimate force. 

The Good

Thanos. He's back and he's not happy. The fact that we have The Thanos Imperative with his name in the title tells me something big is going to happen. I was a fan of the Infinity and Warlock books but there was something that bothered me throughout Annihilation. Maybe it was the fact that Thanos died. While reading you get a feeling that there will be some big event that occurs at the end. Let's just say...there is.

The Bad

Not enough Thanos. While it's nice seeing the other "cosmic" Marvel characters, some of them I'm still not crazy about. I kept waiting for more Thanos but this is just setting the stage for what's to come. I also have to wonder where this fits in with this week's Secret Avengers since Nova is appearing in both books and neither really acknowledges the other.

The Verdict - 4.5/5

Boom! I'm still getting over that ending. I've been trying to avoid the cosmic books lately but this has pulled me back in. Thanos, Nova, Magus, a mystery surprise person, it's all crazy and it's all good. If you haven't been reading Guardians of the Galaxy or the War Of Kings books, you can still pick this up and follow along. This is what "event" books should be like. You get a feeling that something big will happen and we'll see some lasting results. Siege was a nice story but this one issue felt like it could have a bigger impact than all the Siege books combined.   

I knock off half a star only because I wanted more Thanos and because I'm tired of a couple of the "cosmic" characters. But it still gets a high rating.
    Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Benzo

I can't wait to read this! :D, I wonder who is the mystery character????

Dollface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dollface

I absolutely loved this book. I was a little (ok a lot) leery since it was taking the place of my favorite title but it completely lived up to my expectations. It had all the cosmic characters I expected to see & more that I didn't. Hopefully a couple more members of the Guardians of the Galaxy will show up on future issues.  I completely & totally agree with you that "event" books should be like this. 

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I really know next to absolute nothing about Thanos. I just remember seeing images of him wearing a gauntlet. He often feels to me as the poor man's Darkseid.

Pulling away from the cosmic series? Blackest Night overload?

G thang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By G thang

I hope the "mystery surprise person" is who it seems to be and not some rip-off? If it is, I'm hooked

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#6  Edited By MTHarman

This book really satisfied my day, despite that theres not enough Thanos, its only the beginning of a major storyline and god I cant wait till it finally comes out.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @G thang: I hope so too. The last page was just crazy. Totally leaves you on the edge of your seat waiting for June 2.
    logan48227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By logan48227
    @FoxxFireArt:
    Thanos is what Darkseid stopped being a long time ago........a credible threat to the universe. Darkseid stopped having much of an impact years ago, and even Final Crisis didn't do a whole lot to repair his reputation. 

Thanos may have started as a "poor man's Darkseid", but he has long since come into his own.
    ElJuano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ElJuano

OK  through my sources I know who the mystery surprise person is!  Anyhoo it's who i thought it was all along, let me know if you're with me on this one. I think this will be a match for the ages!!!! 

No Caption Provided

Bossjugg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Bossjugg

Wasn't even expecting the ending it was wild!!

bgrd2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bgrd2001
    **************SPOILER**************** 

The mystery character is Captain Marvel aka. Mar-Vell.
    Taima Cha'Tima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Taima Cha'Tima
    ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By ripcurl
    @FoxxFireArt:
    Read the Infinity Gauntlet and I'm 99% sure your opinion will change.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.