razzatazz's The Stars Below #1 - The Stars Below review

Brilliant simplicity

I suppose I should probably provide a disclaimer here that I am not a particularly big fan of pigeons.  A counter disclaimer is that I am in general terms a pretty big fan of animals, and it is thus interesting to see in this case the relatively simple story of an urban animal.  At first glance there is not much depth to this story, but below the surface there is a lot more.  The lead character (a pigeon) struggles to find a place in the city, and even for survival at times, but eventually finds something else.  This kind of speaks to those people that don’t ever take a moment to look at the stars and think about our place in the universe, and how we would never do this for a creature like a pigeon (considered by many to be a pest).  However, that is the end result here and it is actually quite beautifully accomplished.