The Best Comic You're Not Reading

#1 Posted by IrishX (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite's The Spider is going to be ending with issue #18 and it seems like it's flown under the radar of many readers. David Liss is an outstanding writer and this series been one of the best on comic shelves over the last year and a half. Well, I'm sad to see the series end but it was a great run. I just wanted to bring some attention to the series (even if only for the 2 seconds it stays on the main forum page) and let people know about a great comic they might have overlooked.

#2 Posted by IrishX (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought I'd give this a one time bump.

Have you been reading this series @jonny_anonymous?

#3 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx: I have but I wasn't paying attention to the sales so I didn't know it was getting canceled, damn!

#4 Posted by VanderSEXXX (601 posts) - - Show Bio

Will probably pick it up when a TPB release comes.

#5 Posted by IrishX (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

@vandersexxx: You won't regret it. Liss also wrote a good series called Mystery Men just to throw another recommendation out there.

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah there was actually talks of it getting cancelled sooner over on the Dynamite forum. Hopefully he'll get another title again. Maybe they can do a team-up book with The Shadow.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio

@vandersexxx: Dynamite® The Spider Vol. 1: Terror Of The Zombie Queen Tp

@irishx said:

@vandersexxx: You won't regret it. Liss also wrote a good series called Mystery Men just to throw another recommendation out there.

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah there was actually talks of it getting cancelled sooner over on the Dynamite forum. Hopefully he'll get another title again. Maybe they can do a team-up book with The Shadow.

Yea hopefully these pulp character DYnamite do so well stick around for a long time, this books and Masks is what got me to buy The Spider Vs The Empire State book from this cool site FIGHT THE EMPIRE STATE.

#7 Posted by VanderSEXXX (601 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: ok will have to find some specialty bookstore here cause finding American comics here in isn't quite easy especially trade paperbacks. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.