Follow

The Spider

Character » The Spider appears in 74 issues.

The world knows Richard Wentworth as a decorated war hero and the son of a wealthy industrialist - but only a few confidants know the truth. As New York City slides into violence and despair, Wentworth has transformed himself into a violent force of justice as The Spider!

The Best Comic You're Not Reading

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Dynamite's The Spider is going to be ending with issue #18 and it seems like it's flown under the radar of many readers. David Liss is an outstanding writer and this series been one of the best on comic shelves over the last year and a half. Well, I'm sad to see the series end but it was a great run. I just wanted to bring some attention to the series (even if only for the 2 seconds it stays on the main forum page) and let people know about a great comic they might have overlooked.

No Caption Provided

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought I'd give this a one time bump.

Have you been reading this series @jonny_anonymous?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@irishx: I have but I wasn't paying attention to the sales so I didn't know it was getting canceled, damn!

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Will probably pick it up when a TPB release comes.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: You won't regret it. Liss also wrote a good series called Mystery Men just to throw another recommendation out there.

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah there was actually talks of it getting cancelled sooner over on the Dynamite forum. Hopefully he'll get another title again. Maybe they can do a team-up book with The Shadow.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@vandersexxx: Dynamite® The Spider Vol. 1: Terror Of The Zombie Queen Tp

@irishx said:

@vandersexxx: You won't regret it. Liss also wrote a good series called Mystery Men just to throw another recommendation out there.

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah there was actually talks of it getting cancelled sooner over on the Dynamite forum. Hopefully he'll get another title again. Maybe they can do a team-up book with The Shadow.

Yea hopefully these pulp character DYnamite do so well stick around for a long time, this books and Masks is what got me to buy The Spider Vs The Empire State book from this cool site FIGHT THE EMPIRE STATE.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jonny_anonymous: ok will have to find some specialty bookstore here cause finding American comics here in isn't quite easy especially trade paperbacks. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.